My thoughts on the game so far.

brandopandobrandopando REGISTERED Posts: 12 Seed
Ok so I have just bought this game (about an hour or 2 ago) and I am thoroughly LOVING it. It feels way more impressive then minecraft did for me. I like the smaller squares (and i heard you guys are going to make places blocks customize-able so im able to smooth edges and stuff like that).

I have 3 questions for the devs and community.
Question 1 (for the devs): Has the player growth system been implemented yet. I WOULD LOVE to be able to grow up and become an adult from a child.
Question 2 (for the devs): If the system hasn't been implemented how long until the system is introduced / tested in the game and how do you feel it will be executed / perceived by us the players. Will evolution feel similar to the sims where it'll bring us to a screen that allows us to pick hairstyles and facial features, or will everything be randomized? Also how will we pick our gender because right now we're stuck being a man (from what i can tell).
Question 3 (for the players): Now I know that there are no dedicated servers for this game yet but I would absolutely love it if anyone were to have a list that is constantly updated with ip's (all have to have their ports forwarded to 6600 (not to sure about that number)) So that people can play along side other players. So my question i guess is, is anyone out there in the (assumingly) vast majority of people playing this game HOSTING a private server that i could join?

Comments

• CobellCobell REGISTERED Posts: 84
    edited September 2015
    Welcome to the community!

1&2: You can advance to a teen though it's a purely cosmetic thing. As a teen you can wear the higher tier bronze age clothing. Note we are aware of a bug in the current release where the xp values aren't quite recording correctly. A fix for that will go out with the next release.

The saving issue is kind of related to the period we save xp value across multiple game sessions. Note that you can still advance, but it will likely take much, much longer than it should.

3: There are some dedicated servers in an early testing phase, so it has a very limited release as they definitely have issues.

TugCraft.com is hosting one at
    play.tugcraft.com port 6600

NK is hosting one at
    66.71.254.6 port 6600
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
    Q3: You may be looking for the servers forum
    You could also ask around on steam forums if you like
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • brandopandobrandopando REGISTERED Posts: 12 Seed
    I have another question if thats ok. I keep seeing these tiny seed type looking creatures (im assuming they are the tamable pets called podlings) and I'm wondering how to tame them since the wiki page is completely devoid of anything relating to taming (since it is really far behind ever since the backers got shut down). A link to a guide for taming would be really helpful, thanks in advance.
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 116 Seed
    Unfortunately, you can't tame them (yet). They're Kinokojin, but often called Mushroom Mans. But maybe you should think twice before wanting one as your pet.. :silenced:
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    edited September 2015
    What PixelDragon said. Nothing to do with podlings, and too much like those elves and fairies from the older tales. And that's not good.

Also, welcome!
    Unfortunately, I don't know how to greet people in old tuggles language, so English will have to do.
    TUGGLES :+1:
    oh hey guys another question here, i just made a linen tunic for my dude so hes not almost naked anymore but Im unable to equip it, are you guys working on a fix for next patch that'll allow me to equip the linen tunic? Also wondering when the next patch will come out since i didn't see any announcements.
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 116 Seed
    Pretty sure you need to be a teen for that armor :)
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web
    Indeed, you must be a teen to be ready to handle such inmense glory that are those linen tunics.
    And yeah, it's expected to be fixed. Not soon, but at least soon.
    How does one progress to a teen? I've been on this server for like 5 days now, just curious. If its about the amount of time spent in game i've got maybe 5 hours or so, if its about amount of stuff done, i've got all the work stations, a house, a farm, a bed, everything i need to be self sufficient. How do i become a teen :D.
    You progress to Teen by crafting up stuff. The problem is... currently there's a bug that makes said progress to not actually save. And the amount of stuff you have to craft is inmense.
    O.o oh god... LOL, on another note how do i make the skull stick, stick in the ground (or my wall for that matter) Also come check out my house if u can im on the server tug.stillevande.com right now :D then i could ask u guys directly in real time.
    That'd be nice, I should try to see if I can be in that server with a decent ping!
    For an idea on the inmensity: it works by an exp system that fills up when you craft things (as I said before).
    You get like 10 xp or something per craft.
    You need 6000 xp or something to grow up and become capable of dressing adorably instead of dressing cutely.
    From memory, the xp issue was only in multiplayer. I think it's only 4000 xp as well, or has that changed?
    alternatively in single player you can enter /giveexp 4001 and then sleep in a bed
    edited September 2015
    Rawr, that spiler-tagged thing just rescued/granted me my life.