Icon Generating (We want your models! for testing)

johnycilohoklajohnycilohokla REGISTERED Posts: 283 Seed
edited December 2014 in Mods
As some of you may have seen I have posted a screenshot of the icons generated by the IDE.
GeneratedIcons-150x150.png

The Icon Generator is still work in progress, you can read more about it on my blog:
http://johny.ovh/blog/2014/12/25/generating-icons-development-notes/

Please don’t ask me to release it now, it isn’t ready yet.
It is still in development and it is not fully functional yet, but I can use it to generate icons for anyone who wants to have their icons generated. Feel free you send me your files, the more files I get, the bigger the test will be, which means I can come up with more ways to tweak it, which will result in more customized icons.

This will really help us out and in return you will get all of the icons generated, later on bundled with configs for the view that we used to generate it, so that you can tweak it how you want once it will be released. There will also be closed testing before the release, so if you contribute unique models (ones that will need the view/light/position/rotation to be tweaked) you could get an invite to test it with us.

If you want to you can remove all of the unnecessary file leaving only the object txt files, the obj model files and the TGA textures. I will not run the mods so the other files are unnecessary.

If your mod is public already you can send me a link to it, if it isn't and you don't want it to be public yet, that's fine you can send me a PM.(I will not redistribute the files, the only person that I might send those to will be Sigil as he is helping me out with debugging and may have an idea if one of the models doesn't work)
My Blog
jc.png
  yt.png  t.png  

Comments

• skraaglenaxskraaglenax REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    How is this coming along? I'm looking to add icons to the new version of my crafting recipes tool :)
  • johnycilohoklajohnycilohokla REGISTERED Posts: 283 Seed
    It's coming along nicely, there is test version going around, currently I release test versions in the TUG Modding skype group, I'm planning new test release in a week or 2.
    Also I'm not sure if you have seen it, I'm using the IDE to export an crafting guide.
    http://tug.ovh/crafting/tug-search.html
    http://tug.ovh/crafting/tug.html
    Your one is an editor as well, right?
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Those look awesome!
    Yes my tool also allows users to edit the recipes, delete them or add new recipes. Currently it is working completely off of the Core_Crafting.txt file from TUG - although I could write an offline tool to auto-discover icon-to-object mappings and convert the tga files to png, I was hoping that I could find them all in one place :)
    I can hook you up with all of the icon files converted to png, but you will also need name->icon list for it to work, I have a list like this exported as JSON, if you are interested.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    That would be perfect - thanks!
    OK, I will send you those after work (in ~5 hours).
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    I'd also be interested to know how if there is a declared relationship somewhere between "Crude Rock Head" and the four types of rock head that your tool shows for the fire pit recipe (Small Rock Spire, etc.) So far I haven't found any in the crafting file.
    There is, in the txt files for the tools/object there is craftingArchetype, this is what the crafting recipes are referencing there.
    I can give you a list of all of the craftingArchetype -> items as well.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    http://tug.ovh/files/export-0.8.5-crafting.zip

/data-craftingArchetypes.json - list of all craftingArchetypes (name -> list of objects)
    /data-icons.json - list of all icons (name -> icon)
    /icons/64x64/ - all icons exported as 64x64 png images
    /icons/128x128/ - all icons exported as 128x128 png images
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Thanks!