Wanna see your TUG story showcased in our new video series?

meryliskmerylisk REGISTERED Posts: 21 Developer
edited June 2014 in Alpha Forum
As TUG's multiplayer playerbase expands, we've been starting to see some unique social dynamics and interactions emerging in the gameplay.

The different kinds of interactions we've been seeing emerge--such as players collaborating to build something, or trolling each other--was the difference between giving players items to build with, or snatching said items from them... or bashing them when they weren't looking!

We want to share some of these moments with you guys in a new series of fun, scripted promo videos... and we need your help!

That's right, we want to hear your experiences! Have you been trolled? Teamed up with someone? Gotten your items snatched as you were crafting? Share your stories, and maybe you'll see your story featured in one of the videos!

Tweet them @merylisk or post them here!

Comments

• jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I once tried to set up a trap with torches and tools in a cave but it wasn't dark so it didn't work the way i wanted but i got pam when she walked in lol.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    I tricked Pam into running into a cave system when I flew over it using the low FPS bug :D
    5.jpg
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    Heeeeey, what's with all the "I got Pam" stories Q_Q
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    That's the only funny thing that I've been able to do, since my computer can barely handle TUG on the lowest settings :l
    5.jpg
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    If we are allowed to post about things we plan to do with TUG, I will post about the Lemurian Empire.
    A group of massive TUG fans on the forums has been planning a huge civilisation for months, creating plans for cities, empires, companies and wars. We have created designs for huge cities and trading opportunities, we have shared deals between us and made alliances with others.. and some enemies. We plan to have a very complex and controlled system of TUG, bringing law and order to the world. We want to go above and beyond creating small houses to survive in, we want whole empires and cities.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • meryliskmerylisk REGISTERED Posts: 21 Developer
    That sounds amazing! Can't wait to see it in action :P

We probably can't use it for this video series, though, since the idea is to re-enact these moments in-game and make it into a series of short, ~1 min videos.
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    During my first match, I quickly gathered a bunch of supplies, then ran off searching for more. Night time was setting in pretty fast, and I didn't have a torch, so I set up a few blocks next to a tree. After placing a few (Multiple times, just to get the right height), I jumped onto them and then onto the tree. In the morning, several enemies appeared, and I leaped from the tree each time and killed all of them! Only a single dude managed to hit me.

OH! And I managed to win the match (Though, the server was bugged so from then on no one could see each other anymore.)!! WOO!
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • ProBeingNoobProBeingNoob REGISTERED Posts: 189 Seed
    Well, That haven't happend in-game, but you could do something funny with it.
    Anyway, I registered to Laboratories, work as the sercuirity guard, and I am the only one who registered, as a SERCUIRITY GUARD in a laboratory.
    So, to finalize, im the only worker in a laboratory, and im a secuirity guard.
    (The smoke....it is getting out of my head :( )
    2.jpg
    BMOhn.gif9gF3P.gif
    Mind clicking those eggs?
    Anyway, I registered to Laboratories, work as the sercuirity guard, and I am the only one who registered, as a SERCUIRITY GUARD in a laboratory.
    Eheheh. If you ever need help, call 1-800-Tracker-Now! Don't actually call that, it's not a real phone number. lol
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Teknonick wrote:
    Eheheh. If you ever need help, call 1-800-Tracker-Now! Don't actually call that, it's not a real phone number. lol
    CRAP, Almost pressed "Call"...
    2.jpg
    BMOhn.gif9gF3P.gif
    Haha! Sorry, lol.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 399 Site Admin
    @Pamcakes, you should so submit the Ender bit from your latest vid. :lol:
    -Dee.
    Shadee wrote:
    Haha, totally :)
    2.jpg
    BMOhn.gif9gF3P.gif
  • MilkinatorMilkinator REGISTERED Posts: 1
    I was playing survival games for the first time, but the server got glitched and everybody was invisible, but we could still talk and interact with each other. We all met up in a place and built a giant building we like to call hotel seedling. It was awesome building a house with ghosts. You couldn't see people, but you would just see blocks being placed in organized fashion and it was a really fun experience :D
    Milkinator wrote:
    I was playing survival games for the first time, but the server got glitched and everybody was invisible, but we could still talk and interact with each other. We all met up in a place and built a giant building we like to call hotel seedling. It was awesome building a house with ghosts. You couldn't see people, but you would just see blocks being placed in organized fashion and it was a really fun experience :D
    I WAS THERE!!! lol That event happened just after the one I posted.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    Shadee wrote:

Haha, you mean the one weere we found each other, started battling it out and then he was all "Wait wait stop!" which caused me to think he was lagging, SO LIKE A GOOD DECENT SEED I DECIDED TO STOP. Then he attacked me full force and killed me? That one? That story? I love that story.
    I think find Bomo jumping out of a tree and killing me was hilarious.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    Pamcakes wrote:
    Shadee wrote:

Haha, you mean the one weere we found each other, started battling it out and then he was all "Wait wait stop!" which caused me to think he was lagging, SO LIKE A GOOD DECENT SEED I DECIDED TO STOP. Then he attacked me full force and killed me? That one? That story? I love that story.
    Hey! I did that jumping out of a tree too! lol
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Pamcakes wrote:
    Shadee wrote:

Those two are pretty amazing.... :D
    2.jpg
    BMOhn.gif9gF3P.gif
  • meryliskmerylisk REGISTERED Posts: 21 Developer
    These are great!!! Thanks guys!
  • FreemanFreeman REGISTERED Posts: 141
    Before a match, I gave everyone a big lecture on the importance of honor on the battlefield. How one should always look an enemy in the eye before fighting them to the death. Once the match started I hunted down unarmed people that were preoccupied with crafting, and proceeded to shank them in their backs.

Moral of the story: I have no honor.
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    That is shameful I have been in multiple battles with my trusty sword in hand while i call out my foes to face me. I once was standing in the middle of a bamboo forest flat awaiting my final battle for honor. I could smell victory i called out for battle and my opponent was ready. I said no more talk we fight now we charged each other with full force it was a intense battle i didn't know which way was up or down the sounds of arms swinging and flailing weapons was crazy. at the final moment of the battle where i was to strike my death blow onto my foe. I had swung one more intense swing the heavens rang. It had landed killing him insistently and I had won but at the cost of my own life I too was gravely wounded and as i swung as to did he swing killing me at almost the same time we both had been defeated by are own pride.

One day i shall be resurrected for the next battle awaits me in Eternity.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis