No Update this month :(

inoino REGISTERED Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in News & Updates
To be clear, we are sad panda's about this as well...

Typically, we like to get a build out at the end of each month (if we can help it). And with that build, we usually have to ad a few more days of code support (programmer time) in order to take care of any bugs, etc. This often leads to nearly a week of additional work, planning and discussion and right now, that pushes us a bit off track for what we have to do on Steam.

Our goal is to have a build ready within the last week of March, for submission to Steam. In addition to this, we are also planning a bit of a press tour during that time to help us get a bit more exposure of the game when we launch. Its a scary and exciting time... this will be the first major step into the "general game space" when we launch on such a massive platform.

We internally feel this is the smartest thing for us to do in order to get out something quite a bit more impressive. There are some goals of getting our integration with Havok physics, as well as a possibility of having our new terrain generation system in place as well (WTB mega generation).

We will do a bit more work on refining the trello board with our development progress and get a bit more granular with some of our development paths and goals.

TUG life. *high five*
I am a Dev on TUG, and I does teh science

Follow me on the twitters, why not? @inoritewtf

Comments

• jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Well as long as its to make the game better then do what ever you all want lol. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • AzzyAzzy REGISTERED Posts: 182
    full steam ahead? :)
  • DeWaldoDeWaldo REGISTERED Posts: 113
    Can't lie, a little disappointed
    11.jpg
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Azzy wrote:

No Azzy, just No.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • ErwintjuhErwintjuh REGISTERED Posts: 25
    thanks for the info ;)
    I already had the feeling I was missing something. Now it turns out to be the patch this month that makes the game and me a little more complete.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
    Azzy wrote:

Reddit be like, you so punny. *rolls eyes*
    WTB safe word.... oh wait.... platypus

Not gonna lie I got the feeling you wanted to release something that felt a bit more substantial to the steam community. I agree too, it'll help to have it received more positively.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Azzy wrote:
    Laughing out loud! lol. Almost as funny as platypus.

And I agree... I'm getting all steamed up!

"Steve." "Steel?" "Steve..." "Steam?" "Steeeve!" "Spoon?"
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    Woot woot
    a1i938.jpg
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    Azzy wrote:

we should thank Jerónimo de Ayanz y Beaumont (google him). A moment of silence.
    :lol:
    a1i938.jpg
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    I didn't want to start a new thread, but I don't know if dredging up a really old one is any better. I was just curious as to the status of the monthly dev wrap-ups. The last one that was posted was for September. Are these going to pick back up at some point?
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    From what I can gather, Ino will be trying to make a post within the next two weeks or so; Not sure if it'll be entirely dev related. I think the last dev wrap-up was about devotus (sharing & installing mods easier). Umm more or less impossible to tell if there's any more dev goodies to share at this point.
    I figured @Ino would probably post something, outside of Twitter, regarding the recent financial news, but I was hoping the Dev blog would keep moving. It gives me something to chew on while I not so patiently await the next patch iteration.

Where's @cambo when you need him? :ohnoes:
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    Yea @cambo , whatca up to these days?
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed

:+1:
  • inoino REGISTERED Posts: 131
    I'm gonna be doing a dev "vlog" sometime this week, or at least try my best to. If for whatever reason I don't have the momentum on getting that done, ill have a formal BLOG post on it this Friday, to explain the stuff that is going on.
    I am a Dev on TUG, and I does teh science

Follow me on the twitters, why not? @inoritewtf
    Awesome! Thanks for letting us know!
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    Sorry guys, I've been CANNED!

Okay, I am just kidding there. Lots of things going on and I wanted to make sure I left that for Ino to update the community.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Cambooooooooooooo

Oh just a joke. oh. Well I guess all is fine.

Keep up the good work @Ino and @cambo :+1:
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    We will most likely not have videos up for a 6+ months or so until the new improved engine and art kicks in. I would love to show the progress, but it's really just all coding at this point.