How will logic work

TrapMasterTrapMaster REGISTERED Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Lore & Theories
NK has said before that logic engineering will be in TUG, but how will that work? I personally think it will have a range of activities that fall into the category engineering.

Traps
Basic physics traps, like having a box propped up by a stick on a string with bait underneath. When a critter walks to eat the bait, you pull the string, and the box falls onto it, essentially trapping it.

Machines
Making devices like the third person camera should be more difficult than regular crafting. It should have you make miscellaneous parts (screen, lens, transmitter, ect) and use those to make your own machine. (Like let's say I want a phone, but it isn't in the game, I wire together a transmitter, reciever, keypad, screen and a storage device, put it all in a case and voila! A working phone!)

Programming
Now I don't know much of this subject, but they have stated it will be as simple as basic traps, to as complicated as reprogramming your golem. Maybe it will be their own programming language, or maybe one that exists, but in TUG runes. Only time will tell.

Comment below on what you guys (and gals) think logic engineering will be!
18.jpg

Comments

• LastAtlanteanLastAtlantean REGISTERED Posts: 116 Seed
    I think I should've taken Introduction to Programing Logic.....
    :D
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Logic will work logically
    5.jpg
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Logistically it will.
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    Wingidon wrote:
    Logistically it will.
    That makes logical sense.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    Pamcakes wrote:
    Wingidon wrote:
    Logistically it will.
    That makes logical sense.
    320x240.jpg
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    edited February 2014
    2013115122648_spock_approves_by_kit_kat1982-d4mr6u1.jpg
    sorry, felt like that picture needed to be added.
    but on programming, i quite like the way computercraft is done. granted, i would love for more control and implementation to be allowed like golemradius = 500 Lblocks (like how far the golem can actually go) or usecrossbow = enemy between 300M - 600M. (and when to fire the crossbow) as well as setting sounds, ai constructs, etc...
    i would also hope we have the ability to create "skeleton code" holders, meaning that i can program a sort of easy to use program onto a flash drive, then you set the specifics. like mining, for example.
    off-topic random info: i'm taking fundamentals to programming and i absolutely love programming so i really do hope it's something similar to realistic programming. as far as the language (if it is like real programming), it'll probably be highly reminiscent of the language(s) tug is coded in.
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
    Rin wrote:
    2013115122648_spock_approves_by_kit_kat1982-d4mr6u1.jpg
    sorry, felt like that picture needed to be added.
    Thus we understood the logic in that image.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Oh god... What have I started
    5.jpg
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    i can logically see that re-evo is distressed by his creation of a logic thread, so i shall attempt to humor you with logic based jokes.
    http://www.smart-words.org/humor-jokes/ ... funny.html
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Rin wrote:
    i can logically see that re-evo is distressed by his creation of a logic thread, so i shall attempt to humor you with logic based jokes.
    http://www.smart-words.org/humor-jokes/ ... funny.html

It would be illogical not to do so.
  • LastAtlanteanLastAtlantean REGISTERED Posts: 116 Seed
    You keep talking about "logic."
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1a2vsJ3zSsRqVz3haPLOSS4KILZyv7DB2qO_wump2zla0pOPRsA
    It's logical that LastAtlantean wants us to stop it.
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    The most logical thing to do at this point is to give into the logical thing of logistic sayings... if any of that makes any logical sense.
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Personally, my issue with logic traps, such as a tripwire mine or grenade daisy chains, is that I wouldn't want my client to lag while calculating all the steps. It would be more complex than a pit trap of: Fall into pit, receive damage from spikes; There would be something like this: release tripwire, release object held by tripwire, swing object according to the assigned trajectory, calculate damage from object. But, if logic traps would work as smoothly as the wire traps in Skyrim, then that would great.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
  • ChohsanChohsan REGISTERED Posts: 220
    Personally, my issue with logic traps, such as a tripwire mine or grenade daisy chains, is that I wouldn't want my client to lag while calculating all the steps. It would be more complex than a pit trap of: Fall into pit, receive damage from spikes; There would be something like this: release tripwire, release object held by tripwire, swing object according to the assigned trajectory, calculate damage from object. But, if logic traps would work as smoothly as the wire traps in Skyrim, then that would great.
    C-c-c-c-combo BREAKER!
    zeN5DFg.png
  • PsiQssPsiQss REGISTERED Posts: 181
    I think something like minecraft's vanilla redstone would pe perfect for it. It has very simple rules but allows for complicated builds. The only thing not so good about it was the space it took for more complex stuff. I wouldn't mind spending three days wiring up my 10x10 piston door if it took less than 10 blocks of space tbh.

So I think if we get something like this (which I hope we will :3 ) I imagine some sort of programmable logic circuits as an item to place. Like, you open up a UI, program it, and then you place it and connect to some devices.
    “You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one.”