Seed Avatar Step-by-Step

13»

Comments

• Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Frost, I can wholeheartedly sympathize with your drawing skills. I have the same issues...
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    It's group feel-knowing hug time, fellas.
  • naturemonnaturemon REGISTERED Posts: 28
    I made my own iteration (in my own style which tends to learn towards an anime art style) of a TUG character, I decided it was too plain so I added a scarf (and wind) to give him a bit of character.

TUGChar.png?t=1396936925

What does everyone think? (Sorry for the page stretch)
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    That's awesome, Naturemon, I like the originality of it ;)
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    I had to make it original, I had tried to go with the TUG artstyle but there's just something about it that I couldn't mimic I tried like 5 times but it just isn't how I'm used to drawing lol. Oh well, this one I think looks nice so that's all that matters.
  • Absolute_bearzerkAbsolute_bearzerk REGISTERED Posts: 30 Seed
    well if you want my criticism it looks like the place between the nose and mouth are too inflated,also the noses in tug tend to be blunter and flatter than the ones current seen in anime ( which looks similar to your style of drawing ), also the ends of the hairs on your character are sharp, usually in tug the style is overall more blended than sharp and has more shading. but it looks pretty good though working, also the mouth kinda looks unatural
    well if you want my criticism it looks like the place between the nose and mouth are too inflated,also the noses in tug tend to be blunter and flatter than the ones current seen in anime ( which looks similar to your style of drawing ), also the ends of the hairs on your character are sharp, usually in tug the style is overall more blended than sharp and has more shading. but it looks pretty good though working, also the mouth kinda looks unatural

I wasn't going for the tug style, I gave up attempting it, I said that lol. Otherwise they'd be great criticisms.

I'll keep the first part in mind not relating to the style though.
  • SawlstoneSawlstone REGISTERED Posts: 42 Seed
    Can't wait to try this. Thanks for this post :)
  • dj___dj___ REGISTERED Posts: 6 Podling
    edited August 2014
    Help me please to finish it :(

Here's dat I have now:
    41A043E043F0438044F0424043E0442043E00266_zpse1ae9181.png

...And here's my original photo:
    Kopia_Foto0266_zps735138ba.jpg
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Link Broken man, need to host image at a different site, like Photobucket.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • dj___dj___ REGISTERED Posts: 6 Podling
    edited August 2014
    Link Broken man, need to host image at a different site, like Photobucket.
    Ohh, don't looks broken for me... Anyway, reupload to Photobucket. I hope, now dat's should work...
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    They do indeed now work. and you've done a pretty good job so far, maybe adding some hair definition might help?
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    so my current avatar is more of a mask then a seed (or a glitched seed as i like to think about it)

But i am going to try my hand at making a seed avatar as well tonight, and probably try my hand at making a video of it. i am not at all a good artist when it comes to people so we will have to see how it turns out xD

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    I need to get round to trying to draw mine soon :D
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Youngy798 wrote:
    I need to get round to trying to draw mine soon :D

lol, same here... I guess it was over one year ago that I said "Ill make a proper avatar soon" :P
    haha, I done the same. My seed is hopefully going to look pretty awesome! I also need to work on a logo for Plainhold
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
    Hey guys so i mad a you tube Vid of me going through the Process of making a Seed Avatar. kept it candid so i didn't speed through my mistakes and did all the work in MSPaint, so i could show even if you suck at art and don't have any fancy software you can still make yourself an avatar if you want one =)

Trust me if i could do it, anyone can xD

Enjoy! =D

• ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Could have atleast used paint.net XD
    Validifyed wrote:
    Could have atleast used paint.net XD

Nope Super Low Tech! if you have a time machine and are watching that video in the 90 i want you still to be able to make a seed xD lol

Hey guys! Glitch actually gave me the idea to do this, so here's my tutorial on how to do a Seed Avatar :D

• ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    Pamcakes wrote:
    Hey guys! Glitch actually gave me the idea to do this, so here's my tutorial on how to do a Seed Avatar :D

snip
    Wow, nice work!
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
    Zeklo wrote:
    Wow, nice work!

Thank you so much! tumblr_static_gn66b4vj1o8w00kk8wkogwcg.giftumblr_static_gn66b4vj1o8w00kk8wkogwcg.gif
    Nice tutorial! I am going to try drawing mine soon. Probably going to be a bit difficult, hair is hard to draw, I am going for this style:

gHmBbot.png

2O9y70B.png

I think it would be a pretty awesome hairstyle for a seed :D

Bye!
    See Pamcakes this is why we need a like Button xD

• CragrimCragrim REGISTERED Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    I don't consider myself to have any artistic talent whatsoever but after watching your instructional video Pam I couldn't help myself... I just had to try... :D
    Thanks for the great guide!

Painted in paint.net :)

PjqT2x4.png

(I didn't draw the hardhat)
    Y8KRIoI.png Extra commands with CCommands!
  • RumbeardRumbeard REGISTERED Posts: 30 Seed
    Nice job! Everyone has artistic talent, they just have to be open to it. :)
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
    Cragrim, that looks so awesome!!
13»