Seed Avatar Step-by-Step

Comments

• PsiQssPsiQss REGISTERED Posts: 181
    Sinnon wrote:
    Amazing, I had several problems with my character too, and took me some hours to complete... and as you can see, I couldn't erase the pencil marks...
    I can try to do it for you, if you want :P
    “You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one.”
  • SinnonSinnon REGISTERED Posts: 383 Seed
    Oh my, for real?, please man, that would be epic!
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
  • DajeDaje REGISTERED Posts: 85
    I've been here way too long to not have worked on a seed avatar. Hopefully I'll have something soon :)
  • CustosAeternamCustosAeternam REGISTERED Posts: 77 Seed
    :I this all makes me want to make a seed avatar--- maybe my game art and design classes will finally come in handy!
    -Previously known as "Spirit_Guardian"
    "I will guard the seedlings with my life" -Custos Aeternam
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    I have my main seed drawing nearly complete (I am terrible at drawing natural looking legs, they kind of look stiff at the moment) and I have some work to do on the characters hands. I was doing some testing with character heads, so I need to decide which style I like the most :D
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • chelliechellie REGISTERED Posts: 4
    ahhhhh I'm gonna go try this
  • agzunagzun REGISTERED Posts: 10 Seed
    Can anyone help me improve mine?
    seedling_3.png
    I think you need some shading on the right side of the nose and around the eye area a bit
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • SkyblockerSkyblocker REGISTERED Posts: 98 Seed
    So I decided to make my seed, and yes this is what I look like.

7ABlwD3.png

BTW, this is the first time I've tried drawing anything and I think it looks great! :)
    23.jpg
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    I've been really quite torn about all this, as I don't know if I want to have my avatar look like me, or the seed I would prefer to RP as in game. :(
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    I personally think having a seed avatar of myself is quite cool! A lot of us hide behind avatars of what we think is cool, or what we like, so why not show that we think that we are cool. That what we look like is something that we are proud of and don't mind sharing with everyone else.
    23.jpg
    HRmmmmm... That and I'm horrible at any type of arts.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    Skyblocker wrote:
    I personally think having a seed avatar of myself is quite cool! A lot of us hide behind avatars of what we think is cool, or what we like, so why not show that we think that we are cool. That what we look like is something that we are proud of and don't mind sharing with everyone else.

Exactly, huzzuh!
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    You guys help me become a bit more sad about my low drawing capabilities.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    edited January 2014
    I consider myself a bad drawer, but I put in a lot of effort in my picture and it turned out great! So don't write yourself off so easily. It took me hours drawing my picture, probably from lack of experience, but it got done and I love it. :D

EDIT: Also I used that Fire Alpaca program. It works great! and don't forget to reference the Nicolas Cage guide once in awhile, it's a big help!
    23.jpg
    And it turned out great, Skyblocker. Everyone's turned out great!
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I am too lazy to do that so...
    I'm staying with this silkwing C:C:C:C:

Well, actually you help me think about doin' it, but... can't think of when :C
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    ARgiblarg, I've been using FireAlpaca for about 3 hours now and nothing I come up with looks right :(

Maybe I should change base photos...
    Anyone care to see the new reference photo?
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    My TUG character is going to look nothing like me. I think it actually looks pretty cool so far, its kind of a primitive survivalist type of person. Very light clothing, lots of natural resources being used in unique ways and stuff.
    For example, my seed carries a small pouch filled with flowers and plants for making medicine and bandages.
    He carries a basic flint knife, a pickaxe, axe and a flint spear made with bamboo. He's going to leave in an awesome tree house hunting and gathering for resources whilst staying hidden.
    His clothing is very limited, and has face paint etc. He has pretty cool looking dreads (Probably going to have some decorative wooden beads with the Plainhold logo engraved in them, on his hair) because the hair would get very knotted without brushing, so I am not giving him a well cut hairstyle, just naturally locked hair.
    Im trying to make my character fit in with the whole survival idea, without fancy clothing or gear, just very basic things made from the world he lives in.

Bye!
    OK so, ignoring sleep I tried again to make my seed, here are my results:

And here's the Reference photo

rather proud of myself, although I wish the lines were a lot smoother.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    What I like to do for the lines to make them smoother and more organic is to zoom in a lot a shave away from the lines I put down with the background color. It's more sculpting then drawing but that's how I did mine. And this is why I never liked to draw with a pencil, too many eraser marks!
    23.jpg
  • GazelleGazelle REGISTERED, Vakaethei Posts: 35 Golem
    9l29uz2.png

SEEEEEEEEEEED.
    xG2TON8.jpg
    Gazelle wrote:
    9l29uz2.png

SEEEEEEEEEEED.

Oh my GOSH THAT IS ADORABLE!!
  • ChohsanChohsan REGISTERED Posts: 220
    ZtQDfZZ.png
    I only did up to step four, but it didn't come out too bad! I may touch it up more, later on.

(DISCLAIMER: I also took a lot of liberties with the design rather than using an actual photograph/image)
    zeN5DFg.png
  • GazelleGazelle REGISTERED, Vakaethei Posts: 35 Golem
    Pamcakes wrote:

Oh my GOSH THAT IS ADORABLE!!

;D well thank you, friend. I like your revamped version as well! I haven't been back on the forums since everything switched over, and I don't know where your old one went, BUT EQUAL ADORABLENESS. MUCH ADORABLE.
    xG2TON8.jpg
  • lightnignstarlightnignstar REGISTERED Posts: 2 Podling
    edited February 2014
    Great help, Thanks!
    Very cool, lightnignstar
  • WillWill REGISTERED Posts: 75 Seed
    Thanks for the help! :D
    -Will

GvPTT.png

21.jpg
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    Hm, those are some pretty nice avatars, maybe I should try to draw one as well? Normally my drawing skills are about on par with those of a chimp, but with the detailed directions provided it can't be too difficult right?

*some time later*

Yeah... This isn't going to happen. Somehow my drawing skills have deteriorated from those of a chimp to those of a chimp after a bottle of vodka.
    Maybe I'll just cheat and remove the pupils of my current avatar, it sure looks a lot more like me than any of the other abominations I can conjure up right now.
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Now frost, we chimps don't drink vodka. We prefer beer or whiskey
    5.jpg