Survival Game Map Builders WANTED!

SkyblockerSkyblocker REGISTERED Posts: 98 Seed
edited February 2014 in User Created Maps
HI! I was asked to organize a team or teams together to start construction on appealing looking survival game maps that have themes and other unique qualities to them. I'm looking for builders that have a good imagination and grandiose building styles. If you think you are a good builder and have what I'm looking for, post images of your Minecraft builds below. I'm looking for original builds that are impressive and enjoyable to look at. Don't be shy, my favorite building I ever made was probably my smallest.

We will be building on Ziaf's server.

Team List:
-Skyblocker
-Ziaf - Tech support for server.
-jon14uk

I'm also looking for more ideas of maps we can make.
Ideas that have been made:

1. An arena that harkens back to old gladiator events. (Swords and spears will be given to the participants prior and last man standing wins! This would be a quick and fun game mode type.)

2. Floating Islands connected by bridges. (There will be different resources on each island. All will start on the center island and scatter when the game starts! This will only get better when they add in ways to get your health back, such as berries, people will fight to get to those outer islands for the precious food.)

3. An "urban" environment. (This will be a map that is all about our buildings. In this we will let our creative side shine by building cool structures of our own imagination. We will make a town that has weapons hidden within that are "guarded" by jumping puzzles and hard to see areas.)

4. A MAZE! (It would be a symetrical maze with hidden treasure,traps and different levels. Levels that would go underground and may have hidden secrets that are waiting to be reveled!)
23.jpg

Comments

• SigilSigil REGISTERED Posts: 678 Developer
    I'd probably like to be involved in this at some point. I don't feel like the creation tools are quite there yet though. it's too limiting.
  • SkyblockerSkyblocker REGISTERED Posts: 98 Seed
    The tools are good enough. The blocks are no more limiting then Minecraft blocks.
    23.jpg
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    edited February 2014
    i'm currently attempting to make maps off-line and on my own time/space, in the form of favorite maps like on halo or LOL's summoners rift. but i would love to hop in sometime.
    edit: i'd also like to suggest a base arena. that is, an arena which is devoid of content barring the actual playfield, ready rooms, stands... so that you can customize it however you want and work out a winning method (bushes, overhangs, ruins, water....) without recreating multiples upon multiples of similar arenas.
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    If people could get in on this, Azzy and I would surely appreciate it as we would LOVE to live-stream on originally created PVP maps.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Hey i made a map now what do i do
    Cant i just send it to who ever is making the server
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    jon14uk wrote:
    Hey i made a map now what do i do
    Cant i just send it to who ever is making the server

As far as I'm aware, yes.
    23.jpg
    ok well who is makeing the server
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    "We will be building on Ziaf's server."
    so i guess ziaf....
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
    right ok well i will do that
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I'd like to keep this thread to people that want to work as a group to make maps they normally couldn't by themselves. So if we could keep the responses to Ideas for maps and people that want to build together by posting their building skills, it would be appreciated.
    23.jpg
  • ZiafZiaf REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    Just to throw out a little more info for people as far as my involvement.

I'm mostly just providing the server side support. I'll host and store the maps, at least until we can work out a good way to store them somewhere where people can go and grab them to be able to play on their own. I will be helping a bit with the building, but since it isn't something I'm all that good at Sky will be the one in charge of building the maps themselves because he has faaar more experience at it.

Once everything is up and running for this I'll be leaving the server running semi-permanently for the builders to pop in when it is convenient to work on it. There will also be some more organized building times though I assume so we can build as a group.
    edited February 2014
    well nvm
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • ZiafZiaf REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    Your image is a bit large man. Can't see the right two pictures. You should scale it down some.
    I can see the dedication that you put into making that. And it has some good ideas of use too. I'll put you on a team list that I will make now.
    23.jpg
    so should i send it to ziaf
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    hold onto it for now. Keep it safe until we are more familiar with transferring worlds making sure there safe.
    23.jpg
  • keeperkeeper REGISTERED Posts: 17
    Now it may be smart that you don't tell everyone what the server is besides the build team because others may sabotage the map, or just setup a secret port number.

And if you cant run another one than I can put one up since I am running 9 servers at the moment (Minecraft, tf2, gmod, tug, etc).

:P I will be more than happy to host this private network of servers and ill try my best to keep it up 24/7! :P

Also keep in mind that I am working on a survival games map already and I had a spoiler release the other day under the topic [background=orange]Coming soon[/background]!

[background=aqua]And for you users out there that want to know more about dedicated servers is that if you run a creative server running the same map as the survival server from the same file destination every rematch the map will be updated to the creative servers latest save![/background]

:!: Also just to let you know I recently had a hardware upgrade so less lag! :!:

-Keeper
  • keeperkeeper REGISTERED Posts: 17
    Also standby for when I add the final spawn point for my survival games server along with maybe a minecraft build I did or something.

-Keeper
    Do you want to help or advertise? Can't tell which with all the colors. Also everyone's individual map projects have little to do with this post unless they would like help with them, or to be part of the team. I'm alright with you wanting to help with building if that is your intention, but please post an impressive example of your building skills with one of these minecraft builds you mention.
    23.jpg
    No offense but those colors are very....very bright..and...an eye sore. Don't hate me ok bye. >_<
    Pamcakes wrote:
    No offense but those colors are very....very bright..and...an eye sore. Don't hate me ok bye. >_<

You're just jealous cause he figured out how to do colors first. :]
    Hey so i have a Arena idea IT'S A MAZE!
    So it would be a symetrical maze with hidden treasure,traps,different levels
    as in levels that went under ground with gaint caverns and maybe a hidden under ground temple with a prize ?
    Who knows what lies within .
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Sigil wrote:
    Pamcakes wrote:

You're just jealous cause he figured out how to do colors first. :]

*Points at links in her siggy* Remember how long that's been there? ;)

So! All these map idea's sound pretty fun to do! Will definitely get in on some of that building action when I have the time.
    Pamcakes wrote:
    *Points at links in her siggy* Remember how long that's been there? ;)
    To be entirely honest... I never really looked at your sig.
    Sigil wrote:
    To be entirely honest... I never really looked at your sig.

Tsk tsk, you can take that jelly comment and roll it back up in your mouth. <3
    Pamcakes wrote:
    Tsk tsk, you can take that jelly comment and roll it back up in your mouth. <3

I'm hungry now. o.o