Emotions: An Original Song Inspired by TUG

SentinusSentinus REGISTERED Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Fan Art
I know this isn't your typical fan-art, but I've written an original song about TUG:

You can also listen to the song on Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/sentinus-1/emotions

Song Back Story
One day as I was feeling a bit down, I decided to play the latest Alpha of TUG. As I opened the game, I quickly felt the strong ambiance and vastness of the in-game world. As I explored my generated world, I soon found some comfort in the art style and that ever present ambiance.

Being a musician, I decided to express how I felt that day as I played TUG. "Emotions" became the result.

Please let me know what you guys think of the song

(PS. I am not making any money off of this video and since proper credit was given, I hope it is okay I used some of your concept art in my video)

Comments

• VisigothVisigoth REGISTERED Posts: 268
    very cool, I like it :]
    2mrSQTP.png
    tqJH8d0.png L8gIJPq.png HS9Ak7Z.png bJiq4Rv.png
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    Amazing job, good work!
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • LeifLeif REGISTERED Posts: 361 Seed
    TUG fan music! Our community is so artistic :)
    otViQlH.png
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 399 Site Admin
    Beautiful song, I love it!
    -Dee.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I am expecting... in a future...
    People will organize loads of... people, to make songs ingame, with what you will leave us with!
  • MichaelMichael REGISTERED Posts: 59
    Amazing work. You should be proud of yourself.
  • jollyjack1999jollyjack1999 REGISTERED Posts: 36
    TUG is officially the greatest game I have ever had the pleasure to find. I have played a lot of games and this the only game I've ever seen that drew such great people, such great minds, and inspired them so much as TUG has. Sentinus thank you for that song and I hope you'll do more some time :D
    The True Sign of Intelligence is not Knowledge but Imagination
    -Albert Einstein
    edited September 2013
    don't get me wrong, it's an awesome! video...but you never played 'Skyrim'?

it has/had a cool community, so did Minecraft when it was still young...

I've had the pleasure of taking part in a lot of awesome communities, normally if a game is even remotely good the early community rocks! (it's only over time that they degrade)
    2mrSQTP.png
  • JoeJoe REGISTERED Posts: 264 Seed
    Visigoth wrote:
    it's a cool video, but you never payed 'Skyrim'?
    I've had the pleasure of taking part in a lot of awesome communities, normally if a game is even remotely good the early community rocks! (it's only over time that they degrade)
    Well I can't see this community degrading any time soon (it's just not too big to begin with :P).
    true, :D
    it's still early/alpha!
    2mrSQTP.png
  • jollyjack1999jollyjack1999 REGISTERED Posts: 36
    Visigoth wrote:
    don't get me wrong, it's an awesome! video...but you never played 'Skyrim'?

it has/had a cool community, so did Minecraft when it was still young...

I get your point Visigoth and I do agree to a certain degree, and I've been a fan of the elder scrolls series since I first played Morrowind as well as playing Minecraft, but, for Skyrim there wasn't as much creativity and imagination from the players and for both Skyrim and Minecraft the players weren't nearly as involved in the making of the game, it's not really the game I'm so proud of its the idea of the game, of what it could be, this idea is what brings people to put their thoughts out there, putting in suggestions, creating art and music, and even developing virtual empires. I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying what I believe, and you might even be right about the community degrading but for right now, this time when everyone contributed and created their own ideas, it feels that great to me. Thanks for your input Visigoth :D
    The True Sign of Intelligence is not Knowledge but Imagination
    -Albert Einstein
    :] I wasn't trying to point out that this community will 'Degrade' I was trying to say "If your enjoying this kind of community, you should hop in other communities 'early' (most gaming communities are awesome early on/when they are small/first starting)"
    2mrSQTP.png
  • DarkscriptDarkscript REGISTERED Posts: 35 Seed
    This is very nice. Pleasing to see other mediums of art like song used for TUG. Hope to hear more from you, keep up the great work :D
  • Hane_DarskapHane_Darskap REGISTERED Posts: 40
    Very nice. Very soothing and awesome :D
    18.jpg
    2.jpg
  • ProBeingNoobProBeingNoob REGISTERED Posts: 189 Seed
    AWESOME!
    2.jpg
    BMOhn.gif9gF3P.gif
    Mind clicking those eggs?
  • ChohsanChohsan REGISTERED Posts: 220
    Hey. I like your song, buddy. I was actually just posting a thread linking to it after seeing it on the old forums and then I realized you already posted it! Ha.
    zeN5DFg.png
  • CersusCersus REGISTERED Posts: 45 Seed
    Loved every second of it, espiecally when it started to pick up gave me a nice smile!
    2.jpg