Wisp

GeldmanGeldman REGISTERED Posts: 43 Seed
edited May 2014 in Lore & Theories
Hey do you think pet wisps wil be able to hide in yr soul stone. Because from what i watched wisps are quite bright and can give away your location. So if you have a dead pet you maybe at a disadvantage. Puls if you can store yr pet wisp in yr stone do you think it will lend you its ability. Like if you had a pet wolf that died and you stored its wisp you get the ability to track players or pray because your can see a sent trail.

Comments

• Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    I would like that. However, I would also like to be able to reform the pet, so that it is reborn anew, since I like companions.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
  • GeldmanGeldman REGISTERED Posts: 43 Seed
    I think you will be able to they have hinted to finding something that can resurrect pets. I was also thinking that if you keep yr pet's wisp in yr stone to long yr seed becomes feral and you lose yr seed and need to start anew and if you want yr stuff back/recover yr pets wisp you need to kill yr feral self.
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    Geldman wrote:
    I was also thinking that if you keep yr pet's wisp in yr stone to long yr seed becomes feral and you lose yr seed and need to start anew and if you want yr stuff back/recover yr pets wisp you need to kill yr feral self.

That might not be fun.

I do like the idea of hiding your wisps though. Perhaps having them out might have a some kind of magical advantage or familiar attacks while putting them into the soul stone might make give a different a slightly weaker bonus.
  • PsiQssPsiQss REGISTERED Posts: 181
    I think it would make sense if they had active abilities to trigger while being out and passive bonus when hidden in the soul stone. Or maybe offensive ability while being out and defensive/utility while in.
    “You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one.”
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    it'd certainly be interesting to be able to simply trap wisps, but what would this mean for player wisps? would we be able to actually trap another seed?
    barring the implications of seed trappings, i would love for it to be something like Naruto's form. in naruto the show, naruto, the main character, has a demonic soul trapped in his chest, which he calls upon in times of need to overcome difficulties, but has to struggle against it so it doesn't overtake him and gets lose
    it'd be pretty interesting to have this mechanic in tug, so that we could perhaps gain benefits, summon familliars, heck, maybe upon death your pet wolves wisp comes out of your stone and starts attacking the other people while you recover.
    i would like to see a trade-off for this, such as the ferality of the seed above, but not so severe.
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • ZochZoch REGISTERED Posts: 8
    I'm sure if we can store wisps in our gem, there'll be some lore explaining about how we can't absorb other Seeds for some whatever reason. Oh! Maybe you can't just go around trapping wisps, but have to earn their respect/tame them before they start following you and allowing themselves to be absorbed?