The FOUR WINDS a society of PIRATES and TRAVELLERS

SparrowSparrow REGISTERED Posts: 15
edited November 2014 in In-game Social Organization
sLpSUFu.png

WE'RE BAAAAAACK.

Okay, due to university commitments and not actually having a machine powerful enough to run TUG, we sort of dropped off the face of the earth. I also blame to forum move since now we've lost EVERYTHINGGGGG.

But we're back and as awesome as ever. I will be buying a new machine within a month's time and can't wait to get playing and building and meeting all you awesome people!

The four winds of the compass are at your back, they dictate which way you sail, walk, ride. They bring us together and push us apart
So we leave, and pass on the tale of the travelling trope of unlikely people who are sneaky, conniving; slick as foxes in tall grass and true to themselves and their – of a family.

Also they like to get stinking drunk and sing songs, yay!

We are Sparrow and Talon Wren, and we are here to open up the proverbial doors to our society. Come in, grab a drink and listen to what we have to offer...

Four Winds is a society that is true to itself and its members. We stand for the truest form of neutrality, moving as the wind around the four corners of the Earth, and a free society that lives life to the fullest. We may help a family get back on their feet, but we may do so by slightly illegal means, think of the Four Winds as Robin Hood with less of a moral compass.

The society strives to respect all life, never rob a seed of all their worldly goods, as it leaves them vulnerable and alone, merely take what you need and move on. Only if the target truly deserves worse than you would usually allow, would it be acceptable to leave them for dead. On the opposite hand, you don't owe anyone outside Four Winds anything, but if you see an old seed struggling to walk, finding a decent branch for them to lean on would be a respectable path, but no one will look down on you for walking by, they can carry their own bags, unless there's something in it for you.

Above all, Four Winds members look after each other, we're a large, travelling family and although it's not a rule, more of a guideline, you should always help a brother or sister in need. We try and help others stay free as life is intended to be, from all moral walks of life. The type of people we are looking for are the travellers, performers, crafters, traders, and even scholars, as combined, we will know the land and its inhabitants like the back of our hand.

Our base will ideally be at the foot of a mountain, by the sea to allow both Travellers and Pirates to rally together. This is also the perfect time to trade supplies from many different places, as people will arrive by caravan, or what these crazy people invent. Once a year a large gathering is held here, the only time where most of these people will ever meet each other. Plus ones are welcomed, and for one night a year, the Four Winds opens its sails to everyone, one large family for the night.

The Four Winds will also build taverns in each of the main cities, as well as the odd one on the cross roads to these major settlements, as a small hub for the weary travellers of the society who make their way along these paths so often. It is also said that the main source of income the leaders of this society have, is through a sorted array of alcoholic drinks. From ale to cider, bitter to liqueurs, many people aren't sure quite where these concoctions come from, not even society members are privy to the secrets of the trade. But everyone has to start out somewhere, and although the Four Winds proclaims itself as a neutral party, not everyone within its doors would say the same.

If you’re interested in joining, please let me know via this thread or a PM. We don’t exactly have any ‘positions’ to fill, since the society is pretty neutral, but we will need help manning various taverns, please check back soon as I will be asking other organisations that are building towns/cities for their permission to build there.

Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    MORE PEOPLE'S BACK!
    YEAH!
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • SparrowSparrow REGISTERED Posts: 15
    WOO HOO BABY!

Have you heard of us before?
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    It has been a while. Missed the pirate guild
    5.jpg
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    shiver me timbers pirates ! man the cannons hoist the sails and swab the poop deck we got a storm abrewing.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    Hey sparrow, glad to see you finally made the switch.

(most of) the old forums are archived so you can always just copy off of the original thread.
    http://archive.tugwiki.com/administrators/mod/nerds/f/24/t/304.html
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    SPARROW I AM SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK! I missed your art so much!
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    Hey sparrow, glad to see you finally made the switch.

(most of) the old forums are archived so you can always just copy off of the original thread.
    http://archive.tugwiki.com/administrators/mod/nerds/f/24/t/304.html
    FROST YOU ARE A STAR I COULD KISS YOU RIGHT NOW THANK YOU THANK YOU.
    Pamcakes wrote:
    SPARROW I AM SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK! I missed your art so much!

Ohmigosh, Pamcakes likes my art UwU <3

Can't wait to get drawing again! I hope to find time amongst project deadlines!
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Sparrow wrote:
    WOO HOO BABY!

Have you heard of us before?
    I have, in the old forums, of course.
    And now...
    SHALL Y'ER PACK O' SEA DOGS PROSPER!
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    welcome back! and i can't wait to see a friendly face travelling the sea's and sky, hopefully friendly anyways :).
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    I take it our deal is still all fine? Working within the empire; doing empire hired jobs and not attacking Lemurian ships - which for the most part will be your own people anyway, simply doing contracted work.

Either way; welcome back. I was trying to find the archives for you but my efforts were unsuccessful, if someone from the wiki team can get a link for you then you will be able to see the first page of the old forum threads at least; its not great but it helps.
    http://archive.tugwiki.com/administrato ... t/304.html
    i presume this is what you were looking for val?
    20.jpg
    Rin has this thing under control
    5.jpg
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    lol, yep.
  • LeifLeif REGISTERED Posts: 361 Seed
    Welcome back Sparrow :)
    otViQlH.png
    Thanks all for pointing me in the right direction! I'm just editing and adding to the old first post, should have it up soon.

I'm also purchasing a desktop computer finally! Yaaaay. I've actually had access from the beginning, but only played TUG when it was first released, back home on my little brother's gaming rig. finally I'll have a machine fast enough to run it without any trouble!
    Then can we expect you to show up for this Murder time, Fun Time (SR3 reference) that will be goin on Friday?
    5.jpg
  • AzzyAzzy REGISTERED Posts: 182
    I totally want to be part of this group :)

and welcome back Sparrow!
    Then can we expect you to show up for this Murder time, Fun Time (SR3 reference) that will be goin on Friday?

I'm afraid that I don't actually have anything that can run TUG at the moment.. I am literally on the verge of purchasing a desktop that will finally let me, but I doubt I'll have everything sorted for the next 2 weeks since I'm off on holiday next week.
    But as soon as I'm ready to go, believe me, I'll be all over multiplayer!

And hi, Azzy! Lovely to see you again! I'll add your name to the list and will get the front page done today, dammit!
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    lol can any one say black flag lol Azzy the assassin and also a pirate too awesome. :P
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Front page updated!

THIS IS A CALL OUT TO THE FANTASTIC PERSON WHO VECTORED OUR SYMBOL:

http://i.imgur.com/egCOOiv.jpg
    Woooah turned it into a link because it came out huge D:
    I can't seem to find it saved on my laptop anywhere, and I can't look further into the old post, I know it looked awesome and would love to have the chance to use it again.
  • AzzyAzzy REGISTERED Posts: 182
    spacedot's gonna hate that OP :), he hates having teh forums broken.
    20.jpg

I think I've decided that this harmony should be our theme song or something..
    It's goddam beautiful, like you're just walking over a hill and you see the Four Winds camp down by the shore, you jog down and are greeted by friends and family who invite you to the camp fire and encourage you to tell them of your adventure.
  • LeifLeif REGISTERED Posts: 361 Seed
    This one's good :)

otViQlH.png
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 171 Seed
    Sparrow wrote:

I think I've decided that this harmony should be our theme song or something..
    It's goddam beautiful, like you're just walking over a hill and you see the Four Winds camp down by the shore, you jog down and are greeted by friends and family who invite you to the camp fire and encourage you to tell them of your adventure.

Dang, I second this, that sounds very cool.
    a1i938.jpg
  • LaskeriLaskeri REGISTERED Posts: 1
    Hai there :D I expressed my interest in joining on the previous forums, and I'd just like to check in here again.
  • bikkethepiratebikkethepirate REGISTERED Posts: 6 Podling
    what he said ^
    Hey ya'll! that's all sorts of awesome! Welcome to the Family!
  • WigginWiggin REGISTERED Posts: 18
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I joined in the last forums, but just want to check in here too :D
    Good to have you back!
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein