The Lemurian Empire

Comments

• smoovejaguarsmoovejaguar REGISTERED Posts: 7 Podling
    I really think this would be fun
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    edited December 2013
    Indeed you can. Welcome to the Empire SmooveJaguar.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    I believe that it's smoovejaguar, and not SmoothJaguar, as you have said Valid. If you cannot even remember the names of your underlings, how can we expect you to run an empire?
    5.jpg
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    with pr representatives and various underlings specifically there to remember names.
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
    Good point
    5.jpg
  • Xodus_LLamaXodus_LLama REGISTERED Posts: 74
    Maybe give everyone a number that's permanently branded onto their forehead? Force them to shave their head too, just in case they wanna have long bangs to cover their number
    "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~Paul Erdos
    "Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics." ~Dean Schlicter
    just a tad bit 1984 there xodus. besides, just creating a program that runs clientside which displays names would be much easier.
    20.jpg
    I believe that it's smoovejaguar, and not SmoothJaguar, as you have said Valid. If you cannot even remember the names of your underlings, how can we expect you to run an empire?

I have no idea what you mean, I spelt it correctly from the start - looks around shiftly -
    Sure, sure. I HAVE PROOF, YOU DO NOT
    5.jpg
  • ZongocraftZongocraft REGISTERED Posts: 23
    I do not know if this is how it works but I would like to ask to be a journey man for "magical weapons/ defenses" if that exists
    For I will spend almost all of my time studying the arcane arts and I do not want to see the Empire destroyed and magic may be the best defense, or offense if the need arise. And I am the right man to construct magical barriers to better protect the empire.
    5.jpg

All fear me!!!!! I will burn your villages and use your children as laborers!!!! Ok maybe not.
    As Journey man is not the 'Master' rank, and you are going to be focused on it, I see no problem giving you that title :D
  • ZongocraftZongocraft REGISTERED Posts: 23
    Validifyed wrote:
    As Journey man is not the 'Master' rank, and you are going to be focused on it, I see no problem giving you that title :D
    Thank you very much. :D
    5.jpg

All fear me!!!!! I will burn your villages and use your children as laborers!!!! Ok maybe not.
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    I figured we should probably try to stimulate some discussion on this thread, seeing it inactive for such a long time has been sort of depressing.

So what are we going to do regarding the members that didn't switch over from the old forums? More specifically Murchanic since he has a high council position?
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
    I have him on skype, his position as a high council member was awarded for (Similarly to yourself) contributing to the initial building of the Empire. However he has been really inactive.... I will likely judge him depending on how he performs when the game gets going...

Hopefully things will pickup more when Beta hits... in not too long hopefully.
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    I have read over this entire thread, and would like to ask: Would there be space for someone to have the role of adventurer/explorer in The Lemurian Empire?

I am the sort of player who likes progress and novelty, and thus would like to explore new lands, but also help with construction projects and resource gathering. In short, the only playstyle that I am hesitant to explore is the thief/assassin.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    I have explored TUG for a while now, and read the forums (I have Alpha), but only now decided to create an account to join the discussion.

13.jpg
    I have explored TUG for a while now, and read the forums (I have Alpha), but only now decided to create an account to join the discussion.

Welcome then! I would say the community is really what makes TUG, make an effort to click the link in your hotbar from time to time, and check the recent activity and it makes the whole game so much better, A lot of us dont even have the game yet (Waiting for beta) and we'r already hooked :D

We already have a GM Scout by the name of Jace (The now-not-as-active-as-he-once-was) and you are welcome to join as a Scout, exploring the world for the Empire, or join as a Nomad citizen, rest assured, we can keep your house safe while you're not in.

We already have a deal working with the Nomads Guild (Currently inactive for the most part, but then many people are simply waiting for Beta to start it all off), where goods collected and artifacts found can be traded to the Empire for goods of your choosing that will hopefully help you on your path in TUG. As a full member you will have even greater benefits from this.
    Finally, while your out exploring, finding artifacts etc... it can be more difficult to progress science. The DOI act was set up for the very reason that as a single player you wont be able to do everything, so by contributing what you know, or what you have found in the world, Stonehearth university, the Empires own establishment of higher learning, will make sure that you stay up to date with the high science technology of the Empire.
    Validifyed wrote:
    Finally, while your out exploring, finding artifacts etc... it can be more difficult to progress science. The DOI act was set up for the very reason that as a single player you wont be able to do everything, so by contributing what you know, or what you have found in the world, Stonehearth university, the Empires own establishment of higher learning, will make sure that you stay up to date with the high science technology of the Empire.

Part of progress is collecting resources for expansion, and another is experimentation and construction of new tools. I would gladly assist any of these tasks. I see it a bit like skyrim: first you need to collect tools and resources to make weapons and armour, all while expanding on smithing, then you need to go out and fill soul gems and expand on enchanting, all while exploring and learning new shouts. Similarly, I want to assist with the technological and magical progress of The Lemurian Empire, in whatever way that may be, be it exploring for new knowledge in ruins, or building a new forge to process better metals.

13.jpg
    On a side note, will there be a set architectural style for The Empire, or will individual settlements belonging to the Empire just have banners indicating their alliance?

13.jpg
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    I had an idea for a drawing of my seed, I just need to get good at using my tablet and the art software to draw it :D

Ill try and explain my character/early play style a bit.

When I start out I want to be a player who works with the environment, so hunting, gathering plants etc. I want to make most of my items out of things I can scavenge, like flint tools and spears, making bags from animals I have hunted. I don't really want to wear heavy armour, mainly just small necklaces and bits of fur clothing. I will be more of a survivaly bushcraft seed who makes things out of the environment. Eventually once we get to a higher level of tech I will move away from this humble survival living style and move onto building big cities like Plainhold. Actually.. at first my camp will probably just be a small tree house, a fire and a log stump for cutting on.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
    Just banners and allowing people to decide building style, I imagine in time the Empire will likely start uniforming itself, as is the law of civilisation.

I take it you want me to add you to the list on the front page then? :D
    Validifyed wrote:
    I take it you want me to add you to the list on the front page then? :D

Yes, I would be grateful :)

13.jpg
    Welcome to the Empire then! :D
  • Xodus_LLamaXodus_LLama REGISTERED Posts: 74
    Whoot whoot, party in the Lemur den
    "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~Paul Erdos
    "Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics." ~Dean Schlicter
    -_-
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    Lemur party you say?

6412473939_84728eaaee_z.jpg
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    Something like that, but with more alcohol.
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
    "day 35: the lemurs are still unaware i'm a red panda. they have invited me to a social gathering, i fear they may be onto me. i will attempt to lay low until i can discern how to escape and get the vital information back to HQ".
    20.jpg
  • DajeDaje REGISTERED Posts: 85
    Hello

Coming from the Aeternam Guild to work on relations. If you guys would like to work on it and throw back ideas I think we'll be able to work faster responses now :D
    We're an honest guild, so it'd be dishonorable for some of the cases mentioned to ever happen, but nonetheless I've tried to clarify most cases. (exp: we don't thieve, but I covered member theft)

Here's what we've come up with.
    Aeternam gets an embassy within Lemurian Empire territory.
    (Size, height, and underground rules will have to be figured out as we all learn more about the game)
    Members of the embassy do not need to be citizens of the Empire and the embassy property should be considered separate territory from the empire.
    Within the embassy, Aeternam Members are exempt from laws of the empire, with the exception of murdering,theft, or entrapment of other players.
    - Only members, so we can't harbor fugitives outside of the guild
    - Members can do outlawed activities within the embassy, as long as the actions don't extend out of it.
    - The embassy is not to be used to attack, or otherwise harm anything outside of the embassy
    - Thus, a mutual peace treaty exist between the embassy and the Empire.
    Aeternam members are expected to obey the Empires laws while in Empire territory.
    Aeternam members are expected to report offences to the Empire's laws.

Problems that may arise and need to be worked out:

Should the Empire expand it's territory and the expansion invades on one of our bases or a guild ally.
    -I suggest a renewing contract that may, but does not necessarily require new understandings of the Empire's territory. Thus, we always recognize at least a base portion of the empire. However, if the empire grows in a way not yet recognized by Aeternam, our members may act outside the base portion without need to recognize the new land as the Empires, until the contract between us and the empire includes the territory.

Problems between our guild's work and the law. (I.E. someone attacks another player and one of our members steps in and kills the attacker. or seriously injures, ect)
    -Got nothing for this. I doubt any laws would interfere with our actions, but it's still something we might want to cover.
    As in real life, the Embassy would be Aeternam territory, and outside Lemurian. The Laws are based on the lands in which you reside at any given time.
    I accept your offer for Alliance, and your request for the building of an Embassy of an undecided footprint. I expect that through this alliance we will be able to negotiate in peaceful and understanding terms if anything happens outside of the blueprint for the agreement that you have laid down; eg, when someone seeks asylum within the embassy away from our laws, we will need to discuss what is to happen to said player, be it a 1 time pardon, or banishment from the empire and safe transport to the border, or more serious cases (not including your aforementioned; Murdering, entrapment and theft, which for the most part, covers it all anyway) where we disagree that the player should deserve asylum (Of which I am sure, given the peaceful position of your group, will likely never happen).