The Lemurian Empire

Comments

• ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Choppers are easy, It just required a bit of finesse with the aiming, very often people learn to fly and cant maintain aiming balance.
    Jets are... Troublesome... I started learning to drive them in BF3 a few months ago, didn't spend more then a week doing it, The most difficult thing is maintaining a 315 speed, this speed makes the handling much easier, plus you can accelerate into and decelerate out of turning, but it makes maintaining 315 even more difficult. After you get a feel for it, aiming is... easier... its a slow way to play the game though, hence most jet flyers equip rocket pods and go for infantry when they can, but this requires people spotting hotspot areas. Might be made easier with command mode.
    I see your point about sharp edges, but cell shading or an texture style can do a good job too, WoW I think did the best job with art style.
    I stumbled upon this a few days ago, its a bit to cartoony for my liking, but it shows how textures can give the whole identity to a game: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/4590
    I personally prefure more realistic styles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQT-9e6-f3Y : ESO also has a very nice style to it, Theve had to dumb down the graphics from normal elderscrolls games for an MMO, but I really like the more simplistic/realism style.
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    NK seem to be finding a nice balance between realism and cartoon feel. The textures are very bold and colourful, but they still have a nice realistic feel to them.
    My power supply should be turning up today, and then ill be doing the stuff on Saturday hopefully, after that I will either buy TUG Beta now, or wait until later. I really can't wait for DayZ SA at the moment aswell.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
    Baaattllleee Feeiilllddd 4!
    DayZ is gonna be good, But ima wait a bit see how it looks after release of the alpha.
    On another note, Im working on my own Bare Bones game in Unity atm. Spent most of the last 2 days trying to work out how wheel colliders and rigid bodies work, all good now, I had drag set too 0 causing some horrible effects :D Now im gonna re-Code it to work more like a tank, turn down the sideways traction for better turning (and I have to work out a system for acceleration and speed changes while turning...) and then onto the turret and the crap pile of vector maths problems it brings with it.
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    Sooo, has anyone played battlefield 4 yet? I've been considering picking it up from origins, but if I do I'll be more or less broke for the rest of the month. What do you guys think, is it worth it?
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
    Its very good, I can't say too much atm as i'm still in the beginning stage of play where I suck for the first 2 days or so..
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    it's fun. spawn's appearing on top of you is kinda annoying, but other than that it's a pretty nice game. get 4 people onto one of the boats with 2 machine-gun posts and a cannon (fourth guy repairs), and just run around capping the points. but be wary of people doing things like crashing heli's and jets...
    edit:
    completely off topic but oh well since battlefield is also off topic, i beat my record in warthunder today, with 19 air kills in a single match :). i'm enormously happy about that.
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
    ok, So battlefield 4 is amazing. My first 2 matches where pretty shameful tbh... but i'm back into sniping now. 2.0+ K/D every match, Its a must buy if you enjoyed sniping in BF3, it's so much easier and more fun now.
    Have you tried the command mode? Of all the new features in battlefield 4 that is the one I found the most intriguing. Is it better executed than in battlefield 2?
    ea15zq.jpg

Gotta be level 10 for commander mode, nearly there.
    might buy it if i can get my brother to let me test it on my comp, i quite liked it when i played it.
    has there been any more lemurian internal discussions or have we gone quiet for now?
    20.jpg
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Rin wrote:
    might buy it if i can get my brother to let me test it on my comp, i quite liked it when i played it.
    has there been any more lemurian internal discussions or have we gone quiet for now?
    Just like in my post, this one's standing alive because of an Off-topic discussion.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    I think that most guilds have gone dark because of the absence of stuff to talk about. You can only discuss so much when there is as little as we have now
    5.jpg
  • SinnonSinnon REGISTERED Posts: 383 Seed
    edited November 2013
    I think that most guilds have gone dark because of the absence of stuff to talk about. You can only discuss so much when there is as little as we have now

Re, get a solution now!
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
    Well then, what shall we discuss?
    5.jpg
    Well then, what shall we discuss?

This community needs a new theme of conversation, I'd like to introduce something that goes with the general topics that we're discussing right now, for example, ¡Character Creation!

Edit: BTW here's He-Man:

cosplay-he-man-whatsgoingon-23.gif
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
    When multiplayer launches are we all going to work together to create the Lemurian Capital, and then venture of into the wilderness to start our own settlements, it would make the first week much easier knowing that we can all work together to get some food and a fire going?
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
    i'm planning on helping jumpstart the lemurian capital and reserve my land :). after i have a nice little house built, i'm gonna venture out and find all the plants i can and record them.
    20.jpg
    I am going to live in Lemurian Capital whilst looking for a hidden valley to build Plainhold, then I will move into the land later once everything is set up and ready. I hear multiplayer is being publicly tested, so I have a good feeling about the Beta, seeing as they are working on all the block breaking and building things, along with crafting.
    Did anyone see the pictures on twitter? I think it was a shovel, but it was a shell from the beach (I think) tied to a long handle with vines, that pretty awesome :)

Bye!
    Youngy798 wrote:
    I am going to live in Lemurian Capital whilst looking for a hidden valley to build Plainhold, then I will move into the land later once everything is set up and ready. I hear multiplayer is being publicly tested, so I have a good feeling about the Beta, seeing as they are working on all the block breaking and building things, along with crafting.
    Did anyone see the pictures on twitter? I think it was a shovel, but it was a shell from the beach (I think) tied to a long handle with vines, that pretty awesome :)

I won't have a real house in any of the holds for diplomatic neutrality, though, some of the already mentioned holds have offered me a residence, which I'll gladly accept. I'll probably live in the forest/wilds like the wanderer I am, or in a triangled location just in the middle of all of the major holds and the UN facility :/

The plans of the city have are being planned right now, I'll post them when they are finished.
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
  • JaceTheWandererJaceTheWanderer REGISTERED Posts: 7
    Look who's alive! :D Sorry for like.... disappearing. University finally slowed down enough for me to have a couple hours to devote to gaming.

Well, can y'all give me a summary of what's been going on? Or have i missed much at all?
    RFIHBxy.gif
    umm... err..... nuthin much on the lemurian empires part.....just going into hibernation i think.
    as far as tug is concerned, physics, crafting, multiplayer, and animations are all in the game now as rudimentary forms.
    20.jpg
    wb Jace
    @Validifyed -- I already have the backing of an Empire, especially if I can convince the Council of my Legion to back me in TUG. As of now, there is little interest in the game, but I hope to change that as beta rolls around. The Lemurian Empire has nothing to offer me. In fact, I may just have to take out a high value target to prove to you all that I'm to be taken seriously. -LastAtlantean

Thoughts? Im happy to declare instant Kill On Sight law against this bounty hunter now.
    Interesting, so hes going to play as a bounty hunter for another empire? The only other one is the Xander (think thats it) empire.

Bye!
    "Council of my Legion to back me in TUG" - I would imagine he is an MMO RPer in some group. So not Xander. I can see this group becoming a problem if they turn to TUG, going off the assassination threat.
    I just think he's making some business for himself, I even got in and made my own business otta that!
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    Hmm interesting. Someone else besides me starting up trouble for the empire? I think I got a rival in anarchy. Well, TUG is shaping up for an incredably interesting community
    5.jpg
    Its probably just empty threats, judging from how he worded his comment
    if I can convince the Council of my Legion
    I doubt he has any influence over them.
    ea15zq.jpg

Hmm interesting. Someone else besides me starting up trouble for the empire? I think I got a rival in anarchy. Well, TUG is shaping up for an incredably interesting community
    Not anarchy, just targeted murder.