The Lemurian Empire

Comments

• Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    I just spent 2 hours making a house in TUG. Making houses with all the new props is so fun. I have a little house with a garden, a small farm with some fruit. I have a basement filled with loads of items, benches with food etc. I have a double bed with a 4 pillar cover over it, I have vine fences in all the windows and I have a balcony to look out onto my farm. Building houses is so awesome, plants make everything look so cool :D I was kind of bored of playing TUG, but now I have realised that to build a fun house, you have to forget about the way things are in Minecraft and just build :D
    In minecraft making things organised and symmetrical looks good, but in TUG random plants and fences look amazing.

https://twitter.com/YoungyTheGamer/stat ... 09/photo/1

https://twitter.com/YoungyTheGamer/stat ... 62/photo/1
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Nice, Ive spent only the best part of 10 mins in game so far, so I haven't gotten much past digging a hole in the ground :P
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    eh, i've spent about an hour learning the new mechanics somewhat.
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    You know what I have been thinking about empire wise. Is armies and fighting as a team do you all think if your empire started to get attacked how would you defend it realistically like how would you get real people to help fight against a enemy force? just wondering ;)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I would probably create a steam group and quickly make an event if anyone started attack or we got word of an attack. Then everyone online on steam would know.
    Maybe we could start an emergency response team of people who are addicted to TUG, so that we can quickly get people to help. We have a lot of allies, so we could probably organize a few people from each city who would be able to help.
    I want to make sure that every citizen has weapons, so that if we do get attacked, everyone has a chance not to die.
    I will have a bunker with backup supplies and rooms with max security to retreat to if we get attacked as well :)
    Imagine if the empire had our own continent, we could defend that quite well if we all were on one continent and were close to eachother, that would also help trade.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
    ok so how would you organize people into battle ranks or would you all just attack at once doing your own thing.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    if we have adequate lag-control, then battle ranks, at least loose battle ranks, wouldn't be very hard to pull off and might provide some semblance of shock/awe.
    if we have some lag (enough to make precise movements in a group hard) then the closest approximation would be a lovely squad based system, which IMO would work the best in this system, depending on the battle style of tug.
    or we could go with "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF EVEN THOUGH HALF OF US ARE FIGHTING FOR THE EMPIRE AND THE OTHER HALF WANT TO DESTROY IT" kinda thing. might be fun, though Re-evo might get his head chopped off again by accident....
    20.jpg
    haha yeah I wonder how many real life battles friendly fire happens. I also wonder how the battles will be magic pew pewing swords crashing people riding in on tigers with horns. Hopefully it will be cool and work well.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    It largely depends on battle mechanics too I guess. Similar to what we where discussing earlier of everything being too easy or too simple in minecraft, hopefully TUG will give advantages and benefits to fighting in a large army rather then an all out rush and kill.
    If weapons do a lot of damage, people won't have an incentive to start random wars, because they will die and lose all their stuff. If you can take down an enemy in 1-2 arrows, people will have a tough decision to make, and it will encourage tactical gameplay. If you get shot in the battle and you can walk, you are going to get kidnapped or killed.
    I had the idea of planting explosives underground around the castle walls, so that if enemies attack and we get to a last ditch effort, we can just press a button and blow them up.
    The thing is, being on an island would be so much easier, a few well placed fire arrows into a boat and they end up stranded out at sea. Its hard to attack from sea, especially with castle walls with arrows and cannons firing on you.
    One thing that is worrying is that a group of people will attack whilst we are at school or something. You can't defend the city 24/7, this is something NK will have to deal with, maybe a fuckton of podlings and golems? :D

Bye!
    Yhe, The water should add some really interesting game dynamics all round if its dynamically simulated.
    It would be so cool if the weather could turn bad, so you are out on a boat and it starts becoming very stormy. I will probably be spending most my time mining, building or gathering resources. I might also play the role of an archaeologist who goes out looking for ancient stuff.

Bye!
    Yeah lol I always had the vision of building giant statues of all the devs around the Xandertopian city circling it in like a godlike figure. They are also weapons with giant cannons in there mouths lol so when we get attacked soldiers arm the statues and the mouths will open and we just aim and fire giant cannons. :) I hope we can do stuff like that in TUG one day.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I was rewatching the farcry 4 gameplay and I realised how cool it would be to ride elephants in TUG :D

It also gave me an idea for part of a TUG mod im experimenting in. Anyone else think a stone elephant would be awesome? Like a proper, walking stone elephant thing, kind of like the golems.

Bye!
    jon14uk wrote:
    Yeah lol I always had the vision of building giant statues of all the devs around the Xandertopian city circling it in like a godlike figure. They are also weapons with giant cannons in there mouths lol so when we get attacked soldiers arm the statues and the mouths will open and we just aim and fire giant cannons. :) I hope we can do stuff like that in TUG one day.

Wait...
    http://youtu.be/LxA3wFYxUB8 ?
    We should have statues carved at the top of houses like in skyrim, but instead of dragons, we have lemurs.

16294-1-1335945137.jpg

Bye!
    Damn Lemurs...
    You started it :D

Bye!
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    I kind of like that idea, perhaps instead of dragons/lemurs we could decorate them with a stag. We're still using stags as our official symbol, right?
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
    Its more of an unofficial official symbol, whenever we try to decide on something it always ends up with Lemures again...
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    It's kind of to be expected, considering our name. Not everyone knows what it's actually based on.
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
    I know :D I just choose to believe that Lemurs were part of that decision. :)

Bye!
    it would be really nice if we discover cloaking technology, because then the name would fit us quite well if we cloak the entire continent we are on, thereby becoming a lost continent ;)
    20.jpg
    lol, that would be pretty cool :D
    How would people find us though? :D what if we lost our own city

Bye!
    a series of strategically placed markers that will, if given the correct cypher or dumb luck or teleportation or something i haven't thought about, lead them to the continent.
    20.jpg
    I wont be cloaking plainhold :) I would probably never find it again

Bye!
    to be honest, i wouldn't mind having a base that's completely hidden from aerial/ground based view that houses my ship/main lab.
    even if we don't discover cloaking technology.
    20.jpg
    Anyone else think an underwater city would be awesome?

Bye!
    lol, Possibly playing to the stereotype a bit too much? XD