Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Sinnon's UN organization, young one.
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Youngy798 wrote:
    I don't remember who the seekers guild are

Who does? Ohh snaaaap
  • Xodus_LLamaXodus_LLama REGISTERED Posts: 74
    Wouldst thou take comfort in the acquisition of a sample of solid phase dihydrogen monoxide for ye burn injury?
    "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~Paul Erdos
    "Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics." ~Dean Schlicter
  • Emschulman602Emschulman602 REGISTERED Posts: 144
    Wouldst thou take comfort in the acquisition of a sample of solid phase dihydrogen monoxide for ye burn injury?
    Yes, I think he would like some ice for that burn. And for the record, your mixture of scientific jargon and medieval grammar was HILARIOUS.
    Y'know, once I figured it out.
    You know you're at an awesome D&D game when the slaad gives you magic eggs and you name them Eevee and Stormageddon.
    26.jpg
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    Oh damn.. yeah. Too many different guilds to keep up with them :D I just know Sinnons guild as the UN.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • Xodus_LLamaXodus_LLama REGISTERED Posts: 74
    Lels, UN. Speaking of, would Sinnon's guild have a council for discussing the world economy?
    "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~Paul Erdos
    "Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics." ~Dean Schlicter
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    i'm actually not sure if sinnon's even talked about a world currency...
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
    We wanted some form of currency in the Empire, Im sure we could get sinnon to endorse it within his UN, if we made one
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Now to think of an item that can be mass produced but not falsified easily...
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    Our best option will likely be to mod in the empire's coins ourselves. Unless the game already has detailed item customization mechanics implemented there's really no other way to prevent counterfeiting.
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
    Or you could use an actual item. So for example.. 10 chickens for 1 iron bar or something similar. Real items will have real value.. what happens when people stop wanting to use Gold coins (or whatever) and you are left with some worthless money.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    I think we should avoid basing the empires economy on bartering. Having coins to barter with will make trading a lot more efficient (since merchants will be able able to program podlings to attend to market stalls and offer certain kinds of trades, say you want to sell 1 iron for 10 chickens but most of those who pass by carry resources other than chicken). An official currency will also lend some legitimacy to the empire by making us much more influential on the average player.
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
    The coin would have to be craftable ingame, and my suggestion is to have one stamp press for producing coins in the capitol, until the equivalent of paper money can exist. I mean, every store would then have to have a template for the size (not engravings) of the coin, to check for counterfeits, but not everyone would be able to recreate an intricately stamped out coin.

Essentially, the problem with creating a simple currency (a golden square, say) is that if someone were to find a gold vein, and produce these coins, they would have a rapid influx of currency, and be instantly rich. Thus, the money has to be either ridiculously hard to reproduce, or made from a material that would be hard to acquire in bulk quantities highhandedly.

13.jpg
    it depends drastically on how much the game allows customization. if we can't have our own coins custom made, and impossible to recreate or make forgeries for, then i'd like to see a system using hard to find minerals that are valuable or hard to find, mixed with bartering. and even with our currency today russian, you hit a gold vein and you're rich no matter what. the problem is that once the gold has entered the economy it's going to cause massive inflation.
    20.jpg
    I think its a good thing that you could become instantly rich by finding a gold vein. A single player isn't going to have the resources to spend time and resources mining out tons of gold, a city however most likely will. It will be like a TUG gold rush, once some people hear about gold being found everyone will be rushing to obtain it.

Bye!
    I was thinking along the lines of an alloy of several precious metals, so that it would give the coins a unique colour, and would be harder to reproduce.

13.jpg
    Well. Irl money was originally based on golds value, so the idea goes, that if they made their own gold coins, they would be worth exactly the same as the gold from which they were made...
    "It's my deep wish to work with every nation towards creating a lasting connection between all players. We are separate in our experiences and goals, but we are all in this world together, we are mutual in our excited anticipation for this game to drop. Although Lemuria and Xandertopia might not see eye to eye, you still have to interact with each other, peaceful or not. So what I offer is a neutral place for you to conduct negotiations, trades and what have you with one another, so it's less of an alliance and more of a business partnership with Mu as the middle man. That is unless you plan on declaring all out war with each other right off the bat. It's in my intention that Mu will hold an embassy for both empires, where you and yours are welcome to stay, but only if your willing to extend your reach of benefit. In the end, this isn't about empires and alliances, it's about the people behind them and how we interact with them. Because ultimately it's that interaction that shows who you are as a person, it shows if you care about the people of your empire or if you care only for your ambitions as a ruler."

- Ico; Continent of Mu

Id like your opinions on this matter.
    Well, on one hand, if Mu acts as True Neutral in the setting of TUG, then it would be most appropriate to have an embassy for Mu in the capitol of Lemuria, and vice versa. This is because Lemuria and Xandertopia are slightly less than neutral, and it would be bad for both empires if they had embassies in each others's territories at the time of declaration of war.

On the other hand, having xandertopian embassies within Lemuria and vice versa would be a step towards positive relations between the two empires, not requiring a middle man.

I guess it all comes down to how much we trust the xandertopian empire not to use their embassies in Lemuria as infiltration camps for assassins and plan thieves.

13.jpg
    I guess the real question is; What, ultimately, do we think about the Xander Empire; what do we want our relationship with them to extend to?

They seem rather like an Unbenevolent Oligarchy to me.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I like where is this going.
    Well, if their empire has any number similar to ours, then it would be 7 people commanding 20. Although the proportions of workers to commanding is roughly 2:1, from their forum it does seem that there wouldn't be a structure of a fair council. The only interaction with their empire I propose is asking their leader how they made their own website, so as not to publish all Lemurian affairs on publicly accessible forums. While still on the forums, I suggest to observe the ideology and progression of their empire to evaluate what it is at the point of server launches. But currently, yes, their system doesn't seem like stalinism, but does look like an oligarchy. If they remain this way, I endorse limiting trade with them, because all of their production jobs are classified as "minor", rather than having the ability to be led by skilled craftsmen and resource harvesters, who would advise their council on certain matters.

13.jpg
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Well i believe the hierarchy systems will change over time also we only have one leader who cant be voted out every one else can . i have proposed the idea before of having embassies in each others cities i figured it was a good idea to stay in touch and communicate peacefully while in game so i think that would be a great idea. I would just like to point out we don't have a lot of members right now i think maybe 8 so its not like we are a big threat at the moment i would image as time progress we will grow hopefully but we are not really trying to pick a fight or anything so i have a idea for a agreement . Assuming are groups will be on the same server (i hope) i think we should have some sort of peace agreement so that we wont go to war with each other or fight only help one another until are in game capital cities are completed. Now that doesn't mean we should fight right after there completion i am just saying a agreement stating we will not attack one another until are empires are both on there feet only help one another. So what do you think and smiley. :D :D lol
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    if mu is neutral like switzerland, i wouldn't mind having an embassy there.
    i would also like to add that most cities never become completely complete, as we'll most likely always be upgrading and changing and complete is a relative term (if we never finish say the courthouse, then we would be in treaty forever since the core building is never finished). maybe a timed treaty, of say 1, 2 months once the server goes up that we are on (and out of beta if there is a wipe) and when that time is up we can renegotiate?
    also to answer nuclears question (i'm going from bottom to top, sorry), you can find free website hosting pretty easy, i quite prefer enjin.com for it though.
    20.jpg
    Yes, much like Rin says. Except the fact that I plan on finishing the core city of lemuria before expanding outside its initial walls. A timed treaty would serve everybody well.

13.jpg
    I don't see the point in being hostile towards the Xandertopian empire, they seem like they have some pretty cool plans for their city. I am not going to actively seek war with anyone, only when they are a major threat in the world.

Bye!
    I agree that sounds like a good solution i think 2 months sounds like it would give every one a fair amount of time to get on their feet.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I am not an advocate for hostility either: I had said earlier to observe the actions of their empire and subdivisions, and to make a final judgement upon entry of NK servers. Their city does look nice, but I am interested as to how the water-gates shall work.

13.jpg
    Tell me about it lol hopefully water in game works like in real life if that is the case i was thinking of making a levee for each gate got any suggestions?
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    well, if the theory i have on the prebuilt structures thread is accurate, then flying buildings/cities may exist, making gates pretty pointless...
    20.jpg