New Dedicated Server

Comments

• whitenoizewhitenoize REGISTERED Posts: 27
    Auti0 wrote:
    @ Whitenoize

Which ports do you have open for both TCP and UDP on this machine?

I am a bit concerned that the difference between the two dedicated servers is only one port as the dedicated server uses the port specified for TCP and the +1 for UDP. For example, the default port is 6600. So you would need to forward the ports to 6600 for TCP and 6601 for UDP.

I believe this is the cause of players not being able to see each other.

Edit: Just did some testing on my local server after testing on your server. You definitely do not have the appropriate UDP ports open on your server. I recommend you set your two dedicated servers to ports 6600 and 6602 respectively.

Open your ports in the following fashion:
    6600 TCP
    6601 UDP
    6602 TCP
    6603 UDP

Alright i'll be sure to do that. The one thing I noticed after restarting my server was that both TUG folders both had their dedicated_server configs changed to the exact same settings port 6601 and gamemode 0. I changed the 2nd TUG folder I created to 6001 and gamemode 0 last while the survival server was already running so i'm not sure if changing one config changed them both. I'll try to change the port of the 2nd server to 6602 and hopefully everything runs as it should.
  • Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
    You still need to make sure you open your UDP ports. That part is absolutely critical.
    The problem is in "C:ProgramDataNerd KingdomTUG" there are multiple files that call to that specific folder to change the config for example.

Process:
    -Run Dedicated_Server.exe in TUG folder with port 6600 and Gamemode 1
    -Copy the TUG folder into Nerd Kingdom
    -Now there is a 2nd TUG-Copy folder
    -Change the server config's port to 6602 and the Gamemode to 0 in the TUG-Copy Folder
    -Run Dedicated_server.exe in the TUG-Copy folder
    -Both Dedicated_server.exe are open with the correct ports and gamemodes
    -Original TUG folder's config is now changed to port 6602 and gamemode 0 but the first Dedicated_server.exe remains open with the original port 6600 and gamemode 1.

That's the issue I see. I need to be able to run a different dedicated_server2.exe for example
    You can run both servers simultaneously. You don't even need to change their names. On top of this you don't need the entire TUG dir either :)

The directory should look something like this:
    Creative_Server/*
    -Dedicated_server.exe
    -Config/
    -Data/

Survival_Server/*
    -Dedicated_server.exe
    -Config/
    -Data/

*Arbitrary Name

If you are still running into issues please let me know. I may be confused as we have made a lot of changes to the dedicated server since the last official patch and it is entirely possible I am wrong.
    Thanks for the help I did that and the servers are working A.OK!
  • cambocambo REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 152 Developer
    whitenoize wrote:
    Thanks for the help I did that and the servers are working A.OK!

Are you guys able to see each other now? I say we call plan a meet up for some survival stress testing!
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Yea, works perfectly cambo. jon and I had a trial run about an hour or so ago. I'm down for another stress test though
    5.jpg
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    well not perfectly after you got of evo i got back on and there was a nother person and they couldn't see me its weird .
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Glad it worked!
    Glad that works out. Too bad my home router won't let my udp port open for some crazy reason. Anytime you want to do some testing, just let us know.
    If you ever need to use the server for anything specific, need to use a private server, or would like access to the server just let me know. Feel free to use me in any way you need and i'll be more than happy to oblige.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    I appear to be having a connection time out....
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    I appear to be having a connection time out....

I'm not sure why that would happen I've been able to get on without any issues.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Hmm, must have been a problem my side, got in fine this morning

...And I spawned somewhere else, was the creative server re-rolled?
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • MastinoMastino REGISTERED Posts: 1
    Hey guys I just got my alpha key!
    Also I wanted to add we got a second dedicated server so I will be setting up a new teamspeak hosted from our server network :)!
    Glad to read you guys enjoy the server and I will see you in-game!

Greetings Mastino!
  • PrayerPrayer REGISTERED Posts: 4
    Man I wish I was in alpha too join you guys, just rebuilt my entire pc should be able to play anything maxed out.
  • KiarraswKiarrasw REGISTERED Posts: 61 Seed
    I assume I won't be able to join in on the fun until at least the 29th when they post the greenlight on Steam. I am really looking forward to trying multiplayer. I currently run a private MC server that my friends and family enjoy with me. I would love to upgrade to TUG asap!

How hard was it to set up the server? Is there a tutorial on it? What are the system requirements? hmmm I wonder if I can forward udp on my cisco...
    12.jpg
    Was actually very easy although I would get a dedicated
    buzz
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • LastAtlanteanLastAtlantean REGISTERED Posts: 116 Seed
    I guess I will be the first to ask. When is the server going to be updated? Can't wait to try it out with others!
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    I think I logged on their first cause it let me into the menu but then it broke cause it was the old version. I assume whitenoize will log on and see this sooner or later.
  • AndersEEAndersEE REGISTERED Posts: 54
    I'm guessing it's not updated? The game crashes whenever I try to join... :(
    Yeah sorry about that guys it's updating as we speak!
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    Anyone want to come on now and do some survival games matches? I want to play them but no one is playing :(
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
    i will
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    hey whitenoize we where just on a survival server and your map or the map on there has no resources like vines so we cant make tools i tried killing myself but it didn't reset map could you maybe do it please . :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    Aaanyone one right now?
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • SkyblockerSkyblocker REGISTERED Posts: 98 Seed
    me and Sigil are messing around a bit but I'm re downloading TUG right now since I was falling through the world.
    23.jpg
  • dinkertondinkerton REGISTERED Posts: 1
    Sorry I just up and disappeared! My laptop froze so I had to restart and now I can't get back in :(
    I think we broke the server :3