New Dedicated Server

whitenoizewhitenoize REGISTERED Posts: 27
edited April 2014 in Servers
I have two fully functional dedicated servers up and running. Hosted by Fragnet, these servers are very reliable servers and will be up 24/7.

There is also be a teamspeak server available to those who wish to chat amongst one another whether you are playing TUG or sitting bored in your room.

Server IP: 198.46.140.90
Survival Server Port: 6600
Creative Server Port: 6602
Creative/Survival Server Port: 6604
Teamspeak IP: promethium.typefrag.com:4225

If you encounter any bugs while playing on the server please report them in this bug thread:
http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=583&p=8714#p8714

Comments

• jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    awesome im going to kick so much but :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • whitenoizewhitenoize REGISTERED Posts: 27
    jon14uk wrote:
    awesome im going to kick so much but :D

Go easy on the new guys :P
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    You should be receiving an email and if you have any questions on how to set up the server, please let me know. It is currently only for windows servers and we are trying workarounds for linux I believe.

Just a heads up, we still don't know what the total players per server is yet so be sure to report back if you start running into odd issues. It's just a barebone server set up at the moment.

- Cambo
    lol lets break it :P
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    The server is now up and functional!
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED Posts: 678 Developer
    Good news everyone!
    futurama-professor01.jpg
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    This is a quick solution so the dedicatedserver.txt is generated.

1. go to C:ProgramDataNerd KingdomTUG
    2. copy "Config" folder
    3. go to C:ProgramDataNerd KingdomTUGAssets
    4. paste the "Config" folder there
    5. Now run the dedicatedserver.exe in the assets folder.

Now in C:ProgramDataNerd KingdomTUGAssetsConfig - there should be a dedicated_server.txt file.

Open the file and change gamemode = 1

-Cambo
    Thanks for all the help. Everyone is welcome to join this server whenever they want.
  • DeWaldoDeWaldo REGISTERED Posts: 113
    This is brilliant news, looking forward to joining you!
    11.jpg
  • AridholAridhol REGISTERED Posts: 18
    Nicely done!

I had multiple workarounds in mind for Linux, all of them failed haha

When I turned to Windows, I had a spare machine I thought would work.. but Windows 7 32bit... doh. And Tug needs x64 apparently :D so I'm stuck for awhile.

Glad you got yours running though!

Survival mode?
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Yeah, it is

I went on it, made some tools, jumped up, and crashed. Just like all worlds, it fails to spawn beyond a couple of chunks, leaving you on a square habitable island, amidst a sea of air. I really hope this is a temporary feature, and that in the future we can explore worlds at least comparable to that of minecraft.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    hey later we should all try and get on and have a tournament :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
    If you are having issues with the game please post the bug, your hardware, and the game mode you are playing in.
    I believe the server not generating too far is something that should stay here until a regular survival mode is implemented not regarding a "deathmatch" type server. This being because as soon as only one person is left alive the map closes and you may start a "rematch" or new world.

(this is the purpose as mentioned in the most recent patch notes):
    " Players must scavenge for limited resources in a constrained space. Craft tools and weapons to defeat other players. The last man standing wins!"

One thing I would like is to see if anyone could take a stab at replicating what minecraft does with plugins. If this were the case we could add features to prevent the world being closed, players to respawn, ways to change gamemode in game, etc. If those features are implemented then there would be cause for generating further chunks and allowing more exploration. For now we let's just keep trekking through the multiplayer we are given and breaking things until everything works as it should! :)
    You can set up your server to be a creative server, where terrain generates infinitely. In this mode there is no combat.

Expanding the base game is planned for TUG, but is not ready to be released just yet. You will be able to Mod your server or your single player experience.
    I added a second server under the same IP with a different port for those who wish to play Creative Mode.
    Both servers ran fine for me no crashes. Bugs though, plenty of them but they'll be worked out in time...most annoying I wasn't able to see anyone else. Did however see when they interacted with the environment breaking blocks and such!

Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
    8GB Ram
    11.jpg
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED Posts: 678 Developer
    Here have some pictures from today's fun.

Everyone was invisible so we just built stuff.

Btw after a few hours of working with buildings I find that I actually like working this way and having
    limited space is not nearly as bad as I thought. It's still a bit rough and going in and out of inventory is
    hard. Once a few hotkeys and some additional craftable inventory slots are added it's entire viable and
    most importantly, fun.
    5LigH8Y.pngRN2UR93.png
    kIUVDZB.pngur5AjcP.png
    GRfcwQL.pngv33ZnkD.png
    lol i helped with the roofed house. that was really fun i was invisible and invincible so i ended up getting a blood lust because i couldn't be killed but the came Azzy and he struck me down ending my curse lol.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • ProBeingNoobProBeingNoob REGISTERED Posts: 189 Seed
    Marry me.
    Just kidding, awesome dude!
    I've waited for that so much...even though no one is online.. :|||COL|||2862cac52dd0ea1926bea8e12b450b9f
    2.jpg
    BMOhn.gif9gF3P.gif
    Mind clicking those eggs?
    There were plenty of us last name night...Jon, White, Sigil, Cambo, Azzy to name a few...I expect the same again tonight! Any word why some of us can't see other players and some of us can? It give Jon too much of an advantage...
    11.jpg
    @ Whitenoize

Which ports do you have open for both TCP and UDP on this machine?

I am a bit concerned that the difference between the two dedicated servers is only one port as the dedicated server uses the port specified for TCP and the +1 for UDP. For example, the default port is 6600. So you would need to forward the ports to 6600 for TCP and 6601 for UDP.

I believe this is the cause of players not being able to see each other.

Edit: Just did some testing on my local server after testing on your server. You definitely do not have the appropriate UDP ports open on your server. I recommend you set your two dedicated servers to ports 6600 and 6602 respectively.

Open your ports in the following fashion:
    6600 TCP
    6601 UDP
    6602 TCP
    6603 UDP
  • JayAllenJayAllen REGISTERED Posts: 4
    Jumped on to both servers a few times. Didn't see that anyone else was on (either visibly or see their name on the list) but it's awesome that multiplayer is up and running! I'd love to try it with a group of people some time.
    yeah i don't think to many people have been on today also WHITENOIZE!!! you caused my curse i will have my revenge!
    jk lol nah where cool.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    JayAllen wrote:
    Jumped on to both servers a few times. Didn't see that anyone else was on (either visibly or see their name on the list) but it's awesome that multiplayer is up and running! I'd love to try it with a group of people some time.
    I popped on about 10-20 minutes ago on survival, and I promptly ran off the edge of the map. You fall for a very, VERY long time.
    5.jpg
    I'm just wandering about creative right now. Anyone thinking about getting on tonight?
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    I get too distracted to play creative mode, in TUG and MC. If I can't kill anything, and there's no chance of me being killed, it gets boring for me
    5.jpg
    i will
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    jon14uk wrote:
    i will

Great! I'm on creative right now, though I'm completely up for getting on survival too. Trying the teamspeak, but it's giving me "Maximum connections with the same identity exceeded" even though I've only connected a few times and even when I change my nickname.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    I'm currently on if anyone wants to hang out....

Also, don't be surprised if you all of a sudden find a multi storied house... I kind of got in a creative mood and made one....
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png