How is a seed born or is it grown? "spawn"

jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
edited March 2014 in Lore & Theories
So i was thinking when you start in game how will your character enter the world. Do you think it will be a random spawn like you pop out of thin air or is there going to be something that makes the seeds like a seed tree lol? I hope there is a something like seed trees because i think it would make it a little easier to find your friends in game. if they made it so you could pick which tree you start at so you and your friends could spawn together. What do you all think?
t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
4.jpg
The Military General for xandertopia :D .
Overseers
keepers of Balance
the Fist of Glory
Ars Arcanus
Purus Aeternam
Naturam Universitatis

Comments

• Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Spawn, but in a forest. That way preservation of the environment is an item, and the name of seed is satisfied.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    I would enjoy seeing a basic animation if not a little effect. For some reason I see Seedlings as being kinda like turnips.

Anyway you made a very interesting point, I've been thinking about for a while. How to keep wisps from respawning inside houses or cities. Perhaps they can't.
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    yeah i was like thinking if a player causing trouble in your town and you kill him and he goes wisper then he comes right back so maybe you have to kill him one more for it to be permanent. I guess it gives the other player time to run or round 2 lol.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • AndersEEAndersEE REGISTERED Posts: 54
    I think it could be cool if when you load the world, you see a large bud like the one on Bulbasaurs' back. Here you would be able to name the seed before it "blossoms" :D
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    well there won't be a name system, but in adventure it'll probably allow you to customize it's facial features/characteristics... i assume you meant that?
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    I would like to see, actually, for you to see the body of the seed lying where it spawns, and then a wisp would float into the seed, and you would wake up!
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
    Well i think now we are talking about two things now . Respawn and starting spawn ; for respawn i would want to do what Ashen said because i think it would be lame if i kill someone and the spawn behind me and kill me that would suck. I also like Anders idea i would want things to have as much cause and effect as possible so i would want there to be a explanation of as how my character was born lol video game style .
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Personally, the way that I see respawning is that, when you die, your wisp will leave your body. BUT, your body will stay there, as seen here.
    491592.jpg
    Then, Ino said
    "Dim - Re-entering early while the wisp is still dim will cause your Seed to awaken in an extremely weakened state, far below the baseline for their current stage of life. It will take quite some time to heal and recover.
    Glow - If you wait a bit until the wisp has accumulated a medium glow, when you revive you will be in a semi-weakened state. Many character-specific body changes will be lost, and your Seed will be reset to the baseline state for the stage of life they were at prior to death. However, you won’t lose learned skills... your body will be weakened, but you won’t have magically forgotten how to craft!
    Bright - This is the optimal window! Revive here, and your Seed will awaken in his or her prime state, no worse for the wear (well, maybe with a couple new scars or bruises here and there)!
    Overload - Watch out! If TOO much energy is collected and the wisp becomes too bright, re-entry will cause the stone in your Seed’s hand to overload, destroying your Seed’s body and reviving them instead as a newly formed child Seed." This is on their Kickstarter page (link be here)

So, back to speculating, the way I figure it is that the wisp will shock the seeds body back into life (think of it like a defibrillator). The weaker the wisp, the less effective the resurrection will be. And, if the wisp 'Overloads', it would vaporize the seed's body from the huge amounts of electrical energy, causing the stone to recreate the seed. Also on the page (I think it said it there), that to discourage spawn campers, there would be a shock of energy that paralyzes any living thing around the seeds body on re-entry, like a backlash of electricity. What do you peoples think?
    5.jpg
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I think it's great.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    yeah i saw that also i like the way the respawn is lol battles of like 20 people would be crazy lol every one would be getting shocked also they said there might be items or spells that block the effects of a reviving seed. I am just curios as to spawn like when you said Evo that the stone will make a new seed lol maybe the stones fall from trees or when your dead dead you have to fly around as a wisp till you find a new stone that would be cool.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    yeh, the respawn way was actually where I got my spawn idea, but if you want to see basically a version of this, watch the opening of ocarina of time when you start a new game, but picture navi going INTO link and waking him up.
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
    Picture complete :D . yeah that would work i think it would be cool if i saw it when i was walking and it happens to another player you know like so its not just a cut scene on the other players screen.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Hey so i think sigil made this but i think it would be cool if this tree gave birth to seeds BY0XDSSCAAAOCjI.png:large
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • GeldmanGeldman REGISTERED Posts: 43 Seed
    I like the tree idea of spawning a short animation of yr seed falling to the ground and growing into the seed you desinged.
    So here's this. I just have more questions now though.

800px-1669718_803574556323345_1375775831_o.jpg
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    I was able to get this extra piece of concept art from the guys on twitter :3
    1613766_803574556323345_1375775831_n.jpg
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    SIGIL!!! DARN YOU!!
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    Oh wow these are awesome lol ok guys gals the whole lot i don't want to toot my own horn here but... I totally called it lol :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • ChohsanChohsan REGISTERED Posts: 220
    I wonder what Seedlings are made of (i.e.: wood, flesh, clay, etc). Also, that "Seedku" tree looks nice, a bit creepy, but very aesthetic..
    zeN5DFg.png
    Pamcakes wrote:
    SIGIL!!! DARN YOU!!

Love you too Pam!
    Chohsan wrote:
    I wonder what Seedlings are made of (i.e.: wood, flesh, clay, etc). Also, that "Seedku" tree looks nice, a bit creepy, but very aesthetic..

Although I'd like to say "Magic" that seems like a cop out. The more we know about them the less they seem like humans. Genderless, three fingered empty eyes and a visible spirit soul with the power to reanimate after death and now that they grow from the ground. so.

I honestly don't know. I think materials like wood or clay are too simple to properly explain. Though there is likely a fair amount of magical element in them I'd imagine they are some kind of fleshy fruit or root.

I'm betting we'll either never know what their exact internal anatomy is or they're just stuffed full of blue magic juice.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    You guys are also forgetting about the seed that is 'spawning' from the ice in the top left corner. It seems like he is made from ice (or camouflaged to look like ice)
    5.jpg
    that's actually very interesting. the one on the middle bottom appears to be a top down view of what the two on the right's seedlings(?) are coming out of.
    perhaps, like the crafting tables, we have a variety of "altars" to come out of? the one on the left, as re said, seem to be able to at least spawn a wisp.
    this brings up so many questions it's absolutely ridiculous.
    20.jpg
    Since the crafting stump likely won't be part of the game anymore it'd be nice to see it repurposed as a spawn.

Though originally I thought the "Frozen" ones were just concept sketches that hadn't been colored, but you make an interesting point. We would need spawn points appropriate to every biome.
    well it might be suggesting that each biome has a different object that will spawn you and maybe the region you spawn in gives you a special trait seeing those two stump seeds are formed different.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    kinda like a race, such as khajiit or nord in skyrim?
    that would be an interesting possibility to play around with. the thing that is concerning me is that the "ice" seed looks like it's made out of ice, which brings to mind another interesting but semi-unrelated question. could a glacier golem, melt?
    20.jpg
  • ChohsanChohsan REGISTERED Posts: 220
    Each biome may have multiple objects Seeds can spawn from. I'm guessing that depending on what biome or season you spawn in your Seed will have different advantages (and probably disadvantages). Either that or new Seeds spawned in harsh conditions will have a difficult, if not discouraging time surviving early game.

Then again, who knows what Seeds feel (or don't feel) or how they feel. Maybe they have no sensation for hot or cold. Ah, speculation!
    zeN5DFg.png
  • LeifLeif REGISTERED Posts: 361 Seed
    It'll be interesting to see how (and why) we transition from proto-seedling to human(like) seed.
    otViQlH.png
  • A_Paradoxical_BananaA_Paradoxical_Banana REGISTERED Posts: 9
    I think it would be interesting, and help friends bring in new players without having to go find them in the wilderness, if two seeds that have reached a certain level of development can combine energy from their stones to create a new seed for the new player. Possibly they would take a special stone and imbue it with their energies and it would become the new seed. The new seed could have random stat bonuses based on the stats of their "parent" seeds or could instead get a bonus every time they increase said stats.
    Because the addition of a good artificer boosts the gear value of the whole squad
    12.jpg
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    For re-spawning as possibility is the wisp flies to the nearest "re-spawn tree" and enters it. They wouldn't be all that big and they would have harvest protection or something, maybe even give life to the things around it. Anyway back on track once the wisp enter it, a seed like "thing" would walk out. It would be all coated in wood and the wood would (:P) either fall off or the seed would tear it off. Revealing the newly created seed, as for seed growth I'm not sure if that would be lost in the process or not. I myself think that would be very tedious if it was.
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • lolmartlolmart REGISTERED Posts: 17 Seed
    It would seem seeds are just as majestic and mysterious as unicorns then....