Lego

TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
edited February 2015 in Other Games
I realize that Lego isn't quite a game, but I'm sure the various play sets that have come out over the years have been fond favorites of quite a few of us over the years.

I recently picked up the Eradicator Mech fighter of the Galaxy Squad series, It's a wonderful set to build and display and play with, so much so that I went and acquired a few more, and I gotta say, the guys who design these sets are geniuses!

What are your thoughts on Lego Past and Present?
Anyone interested in the Lego Movie?
The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png

Comments

• ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    LEGO is awesome! As I mentioned to someone else not too long ago, any adult who says they've outgrown LEGO is either lying or a robot/alien.
    -Dee.
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    recently got a LEGO delorian from back to the future and a lego minecraft kit for christmas, I agree with dee, LEGO ROCKS!
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    I was looking for the build order sheet thing for a Lego Starcraft II Banshee, cus I've seen one and it looks awesome, but all I can find is the photos, and I don't really have the parts to make one myself... I sad.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • erian_7erian_7 REGISTERED Posts: 195
    Lego has really kicked up the innovation on some of their sets of late. My son collected a lot of the Ninjago sets prior to this year (they've gone down hill in content we think). I found some of those builds to be quite innovative, with some pretty cool brick use, moving parts, etc. He tried a few of the Chima and Super Hero sets, but those weren't quite up to par. So, he's now locked in on the Galaxy Squad sets, which I like since my "first love" on Lego sets 30 years ago was their space line. He got the Galactic Titan for Christmas, and that's a very nice set. Probably getting the Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer for his birthday.

My girls play with the Friends sets and like those a lot. I've always been a huge fan of the Star Wars line, and the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit sets are marvelous. I was a Kickstarter for the Mobile Frame Zero game, which looks like it'll be cool to play if I ever get the time...
    Seek Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly With Your God
    erian_7 wrote:
    since my "first love" on Lego sets 30 years ago was their space line. He got the Galactic Titan for Christmas, and that's a very nice set. Probably getting the Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer for his birthday.

I grew up with a lot of those sets!!!!
    I have (Can't remember names) 70709, 70707, 70705. It seems that 70704 has been discontinued :cry: so I'm going to get 70701 next and then wait hunt down their Slave I lego set.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • StilleVandeStilleVande REGISTERED Posts: 81 Seed
    I currently have Emmet's Mech from the LEGO movie in my china cabinet. :p
    Seriously, it's Faroese for Calm Water. - StilleVande
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-1.png
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-2.png
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    I'm actually a member of a local adult LEGO user group. They do a lot of really nice custom builds and we display at local events and help out with charities as well. It is a lot of fun! These are not my personal builds but some of the more impressive ones from other members of the group. Maybe someday I will share some of mine up here too!
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
  • StilleVandeStilleVande REGISTERED Posts: 81 Seed
    Those sir, are technically, pimptastic. :p

The attention to detail is astounding man.
    Seriously, it's Faroese for Calm Water. - StilleVande
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-1.png
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-2.png
    Please tell me that train set works! It's soooo Cool!
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    Yep, the remote is setting on the table near the display. It runs off of the engine kits provided by LEGO.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux