List your Suggestions to make the Forums better!

Comments

• CogCog REGISTERED Posts: 110 Seed
    I would like to have a roleplay section and a fanon section, I think we need those two.
    Generally, more sections that are meant for more specific things, as the more we grow, the more kinds of content there will come.
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    Suggestion: a quick way to see a list of posts by NK official people (dev posts). (Even better, the ability to choose between *all* dev posts and just *unread* dev posts.)

It'd make it easier to go back and figure out the latest word on future plans, find official play tips, and so on.
  • SinnonSinnon REGISTERED Posts: 383 Seed
    Is Visgoth still active in the community? I really miss this Seed...
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    The Recent Discussions section shows many, many threads that haven't changed for a long time. It took me a while to figure out that most of the actually recent discussions were halfway down the page.

Is it possible to remove announcements/stickies from Recent Discussions list? It's confusing to new users (well, at least to this new user), and takes some extra work to find the latest post.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    I really like the "Mark All Discussions Read" button. It's nice for cleanup, especially if you're not monitoring absolutely every thread that's been created across the forum. (If it's there somewhere and I missed, just let me know, but I can't find it.)
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    Hey thanks for the feedback guys! I'll add them to our list. We're still tweaking, so anything that'll help make the forums easier to browse helps. :)
    -Dee.
  • SimbaSimba REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 74 Developer
    Charlock said:

I really like the "Mark All Discussions Read" button. It's nice for cleanup, especially if you're not monitoring absolutely every thread that's been created across the forum. (If it's there somewhere and I missed, just let me know, but I can't find it.)

Yes, we need this back.
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    edited May 2015
    Done!

There are now two options in your menu (the gear button, top right). You can mark all discussions as viewed, or only all discussions within a category while you're in it.

I also changed stickies/announcements to only show as an announcement within their category. So they will show in recent discussions when active, but not always hog space as an announcement in that view.

Hope that helps. :)
    -Dee.
  • SimbaSimba REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 74 Developer
    Thanks! You're the best.
    @Shadee You're awesome ;)

...Now we just need Seed-themed smilies.. :D
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    edited May 2015
    Charlock said:

...Now we just need Seed-themed smilies.. :D

That would be pretty cool actually. It won't likely happen right away (crazy busy) but I'll add that suggestion to the wish list for the artists to look at. :)

-Dee.
  • LiquidKloneLiquidKlone REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
    On the Launcher it says force. then to the right, It says login. There was no indication that force meant force update. I really think it should say force update next to the box, so no one makes the same silly mistake as me, and now has to re-download everything.

On the Launcher it says force. then to the right, It says login. There was no indication that force meant force update. I really think it should say force update next to the box, so no one makes the same silly mistake as me, and now has to re-download everything.

We are reworking the launcher at the moment, since that option does seem to be causing some confusion we do intend to change that.

-Dee.
  • ekohrmanekohrman REGISTERED Posts: 87 Seed
    I would like to see an option in notifications to get a daily or weekly email digest of notifications. If a thread is really active, it really clogs up the inbox. Even an hourly digest would help. I love seeing the forum being active, but damn! 25 Nerd Kingdom emails in one day is a bit much.
    Some call me... Terella.

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I would appreciate it if the forum icons showed if a section has unread replyes in one or more of it's discussions.
    Currently, it's tricky to keep track and stalk every single category, and I have to rely on looking at the "time of the latest post" to know if a comment has shown up. And that sometimes fails me, so...
    I haven't felt a need for it until recently, but an Ignore feature in the forum would be much appreciated. The discussion list has become clogged with useless posts that would benefit greatly from a means to filter them out.
    Some call me... Terella.

• Deadlock989Deadlock989 REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
    No, seriously.

An ignore feature would be great.

It would allow all the loyal community members to avoid hassle from undesirables. You know, like the scum who come from Steam. The pathetic dicks who paid everyone's wages once the Kickstarter was tapped out but before the white samurai came along.

Meantimes, while all the positive supporters can't see what's going on any more because they've blocked everything that offends their artistic souls, all the new people to visit the site will get the full carnage in their faces.

Completely unopposed.

No really, friggin' genius idea. I'd be the first to use it.
    Well, it could actually get a bit awkward when you see people reacting to a comment you cannot see.
  • Deadlock989Deadlock989 REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
    Did someone say something

Are they challenging the concept of fun
    @Wingidon: That issue is less intrusive than offensive, harassing comments, imo. Maybe in lieu of seeing the comment made by the user that was ignored, there can be a placeholder that says "You've chosen to ignore the author of this comment."
    Charlock said:

@Wingidon: That issue is less intrusive than offensive, harassing comments, imo. Maybe in lieu of seeing the comment made by the user that was ignored, there can be a placeholder that says "You've chosen to ignore the author of this comment."

Now that does sound alright.
  • DapperHamsterDapperHamster REGISTERED Posts: 58 Seed
    Charlock said:

I second that idea, I think that would be a good solution.
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    Charlock said:

I like this too. Maybe there could be a button that would show it again? :chuffed:
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web
    edited June 2016
    Charlock said:

You can find a new "ignore" option for this in the menu next to the message button on user pages now. It will still show that the person made a comment in threads, but when ignored, it will automatically collapse them all for you. With the option to still click and view each comment. :)
    -Dee.
    edited June 2016
    @Shadee is the best. :wink:

I saw the forum go down for a short time and instantly thought changes were afoot! Thank you!

Edit: Additional note. The Ignore switch seems to have no effect on threads started by the ignored user.
    Thank you!
    I've already put that function to test, works just right!
    edited June 2016
    Thank you! I hope to never have to use it again. Up until "he who will be ignored", this forum has been a very pleasant place to avoid work.
    Some call me... Terella.

• DapperHamsterDapperHamster REGISTERED Posts: 58 Seed
    Thank you @Shadee! Works perfectly ^.^

@ekohrman Though I also hope we won't have much need of it in the future.
    I'd like to suggest a "like post" function. Basically the ability of liking comments for whatever reason, for example, indicating approval to a post without having to make a posts just to express that.