List your Suggestions to make the Forums better!

Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    morduun wrote:
    Auti0 wrote:
    Joe wrote:
    The ability (though it may just be myself), to stay logged in to the forums for a longer period, like a day or more. I find it slightly irritating to have to log in multiple times a day after a while of inactivity.
    The forums are much nicer though, and I'll be sticking to the colour scheme, as it is similar to the colours of the IDE I use. I definitely prefer darker backgrounds.

We are definitely working on this issue right now. It is not working as intended...

Have worked on it. As in, should be working now. Pretty sure. I'm crossing my fingers, but I feel pretty confident. Like, 96% confidence, or so. Definitely around 95%. Maybe 90%, I guess. But no less than 80%. Or so. Ish-ish. But yeah. Pretty sure it's fixed. Basically.
    I confirm success
  • VisigothVisigoth REGISTERED Posts: 268
    edited September 2013
    any idea why the
    only works "sometimes"?

example:

dose not work

doesn't work ether

but this one dose...
    2mrSQTP.png
    tqJH8d0.png L8gIJPq.png HS9Ak7Z.png bJiq4Rv.png
  • JoeJoe REGISTERED Posts: 264 Seed
    Visigoth wrote:
    any idea why the
    only works "sometimes"?
    Perhaps you have to make it exactly what is says in the description and there can't be any spaces?
    I'm thinking it has something to do with spaces.

[Edit:] Just tried it with and without a space, and it worked with no spaces at all between the
    tag. Good luck all!
  • JoeJoe REGISTERED Posts: 264 Seed
    A "quote multiple" button, so you can, obviously, quote multiple people at the same time. Often I'll be reading a thread and want to quote multiple people, but can't be stuffed opening up multiple instances of the thread so I can quote more than one person accurately.
    edited September 2013
    I don't think I've ever seen that in a Forum? neat idea, although I'm not sure how it would work "format wise" would be interesting to see.

I tend to have up to six tabs open at a time, and I run two moniters... my alt&tab keys are some of the most worn out keys on my keyboard 0_0 lol
    2mrSQTP.png
  • Marioface5Marioface5 REGISTERED Posts: 57
    Maybe for multiple quotes there could be a "quick quote" button that would add the quote to the "Quick Reply" box. Then if you wanted to you could enter the full editor and have all of the quotes ready.
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    Visigoth wrote:
    any idea why the
    only works "sometimes"?

example:

dose not work

doesn't work ether

It's because the first two try to link to a secure page. It works if you change the "https" to "http".
    -Dee.
    Shadee wrote:
    Hmmm, looks like it might not like the dashes and/or underscores.
    yeah it's strange, (the videos eventually loaded/displayed) but I still run into this issue off and on. I'll try to be aware of the dashes and underscores to see if that's constantly the issue.

-thanks for the input :]
    Shadee wrote:
    It's because the first two try to link to a secure page. It works if you change the "https" to "http".
    Oooh!!! I didn't even know that's what the "s" stood for in 'https' doh, lol

very cool, thanks...always learning <3 learning new things!
    2mrSQTP.png
  • mcmanusaurmcmanusaur REGISTERED Posts: 141
    I don't know if someone has suggested this already, but being able to have multiple questions (each with their own set of options) in a single poll topic/thread would be a pretty nice thing.
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED Posts: 678 Developer
    I'd like to be able to follow a thread and receive notifications when someone else posts on it.

I'm currently watching a number of topics in different sub-forums and it'd be nice if I could just log in and have links ready that would take me where the new content was.
  • Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
    I actually use the "View Active Topics" link near the login/logout button. It helps me keep up with topics across all of the boards.
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    One thing I remember an old game forum had that I loved was the ability to see posts on the last 25 topics you posted on, and they would be listed in order of latest post (Not in order of your posts) so you could keep up to date with all your conversations.
  • morduunmorduun REGISTERED Posts: 38 Developer
    Sigil wrote:
    I'd like to be able to follow a thread and receive notifications when someone else posts on it.

I'm currently watching a number of topics in different sub-forums and it'd be nice if I could just log in and have links ready that would take me where the new content was.
    Have you tried Bookmarking or Subscribing to a thread to see if this does what you're looking for? Subscription should generate notifications when subscribed threads have activity, and it also has a simple manager in the User Control Panel where you can see all your subscribed threads in a list.
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED Posts: 678 Developer
    [/quote]
    Have you tried Bookmarking or Subscribing to a thread to see if this does what you're looking for? Subscription should generate notifications when subscribed threads have activity, and it also has a simple manager in the User Control Panel where you can see all your subscribed threads in a list.[/quote]

Oh look I'm blind. Haha. Thank you.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Since the new year is coming up pretty soon (and hopefully beta *crosses fingers*) and new people are joining into the TUG community, there are going to be a few of us that are more literally inclined than others. A few of us right now (me, SmartyOf95, and LastAtlantean specifically) have been making stories about what we want TUG to be like and for fun. But, we don't have a specific place to put these. Atlantean put his in the Alpha forums, and following his example, I did too. Smarty put his in the Screenies & Vids & Things forum, but as more and more people join in, there is the chance of these stories being spread out more and more. To get back on topic, I would like to add in a subforum (somewhere) that allows us story makers to put our stories in a specific home in without them being so haphazardly placed. I may be rambling right now, so here is a condensed version of it. A subforum for stories.
    5.jpg
  • PsiQssPsiQss REGISTERED Posts: 181
    I think that a forum section dedicated to lore would be great. There are several lore-related topics spread throughout the forum and I think it would be nice to have those discussions in one place. And those stories Re Evolution has mentioned could fit in there pretty well. Just a thought.
    “You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one.”
  • SinnonSinnon REGISTERED Posts: 383 Seed
    I will!
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    can we mayhaps have a bug forum to list, and help narrow down, dem bugs. as right now we (or maybe just me) have no idea on where to place them.
    also, a maps section for the survival games would be lovely to post them in. maybe just a subforum on mods?
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    Rin wrote:
    can we mayhaps have a bug forum to list, and help narrow down, dem bugs. as right now we (or maybe just me) have no idea on where to place them.
    also, a maps section for the survival games would be lovely to post them in. maybe just a subforum on mods?

viewforum.php?f=16
    Here you go sweet Rin, it has it's own thread section in the Alpha Forum section.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    thank you so very much pam, i've never really ventured into the alpheta forum yet since i got it just yesterday :)
    20.jpg
  • PsiQssPsiQss REGISTERED Posts: 181
    I think shoutbox would be a good idea. There are times when I quickly ask others about stuff that I don't really feel like spamming about on the forums. Things like asking people what server are they playing on right now, when are they planning to play, I think shoutbox would be good for that.
    “You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one.”
    or maybe a link to an IRC on the side as apposed/in addition to a shoutbox?
    20.jpg
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Shoutbox sounds nice. IRC is also always fun... how about a c-c-c-combo of the two? :D

Another idea for the forums: I'd like the Board index » Suggestions and * FAQ * Search * Members * User Control Panel to be bigger and easier to see. I always forget where they are, and they tend to move around and hide from me... my tracking skills aren't good enough for them yet....

Oh, and how about a new Forums section, like on the Minecraft Forums: Roleplaying! I love doing this. And it's always fun. I would love to see some TUG-based RPs going. Oh, and a Stories section too (One for REAL, and another one for FUN (Made up) stories.) would be nice.
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    I think irc would be good but shout box with it is overkill. Irc would also work to prevent people from posting threads about getting support with the known issues ( dx11 ).
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    I'd love to be able to +1 posts so I can say "me, too!" about a suggestion without cluttering up the thread with a "me, too!" post.
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    If you click the link to a specific post, the first chunk of the post is hidden behind the NerdKingdom>>TUG bar at the top. Is there any way to fix that?

Also, when editing, double-clicking doesn't select a word like most editors do. I find that useful, since I edit my posts a LOT.
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    All i want is the ability to like other peoples posts...

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    glitch2210 wrote:
    I am with your there!
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    Zeklo wrote:
    glitch2210 wrote:
    I am with your there!

lol see i saw this and my first reaction was to twitch towards a non existent like button xD

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Gotta have post likes tallied as well :P