Teknonick "Silas" The Tracker

TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
edited February 2014 in Screenies & Vids & Things
(NVM if you saw the original post. Didn't quiet work the way I wanted... and got out of hand. Wasn't what I meant this post to be about anyway. xD)

Hello seeds, and everyone! I've noticed a few people have come up with 'kingdoms' and the such, but not quiet sure what they mean by that in their sigs. I can only guess all of you mean you've founded some group (Or what have you) that will be made sometime in the future, specifically in the world of TUG.

I think most people know I'm going to play as a seed known as "Silas" (That part isn't the known part), a tracker who lives in a humble hut, doing odd jobs for travelers, merchants, peasants, kings, and the likes. Namely, he'd find stolen goods, or track down thieves and take back their stolen goods.

I am offering to you people my service as part of your kingdom. If you accept my offer, I will live in your kingdom under your rules, and will be of great service. I will hunt down every thief that wishes to do your kingdom harm! I will be sure to jail those who thought they could get away with it. I will help those citizens in your kingdoms! Therefor making it all the more enjoyable. I will do you a great service, and all I ask in return is a few coin and break, and a simple roof over my head. I will even build it myself, if need be.

So! I wish you will accept my offer, for if you don't, it may be yourself that I am tracking down....

(On that note, I'd love it if we could build jails in TUG. xD)
The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
21.jpg
20.jpg

Comments

• Nova1824Nova1824 REGISTERED Posts: 103
    You would have to have a way to get them in the jail.
    I suggest a way to knock out an opponent and drag them somewhere.

some things to be decided about this system is
    * Can you log out while unconscious
    * Can you see wile in a black out
    * Can you struggle to become conscious

sandbox-mmo-games-tug-banner1-659x163.jpg
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Xandertopa would most defiantly welcome you if you want to live within are city or close by and as the military leader i defiantly wouldn't mind having the extra man power you would be payed of course for services depending on what they are and would have land for a home if you wish.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Nova...
    I'd have to guess for jails that we would have keys. It would even be amazing if you can make worse than crude tools with spoons and mugs xD "The prisoners are escaping!!!"

I believe you can knock them out by simply killing them (Though, that may cause a scare). It would be nicer if there were specific 'touch points' that can be hit on unsuspecting targets to knock them out (Safely). And tying them up. You HAVE to be able to tie up people!

Logging out while unconscious should work. If you've ever played UO, logging out in a safe zone (Or your tent/bedroll) would make you disappear instantly. If you were busy fighting, outside of a purchased bedroom or your home (Or again, tent/bedroll), you would log out... but your character would remain. You could still be killed, and that is a stupid idea to log out in a dungeon unless you bring your roll, and are good at hiding.

Seeing and struggling while unconscious should be a 100% NO. I want to kill my enemies, and toss them into my hidden pit of doom! They will never be found! MUHAHAH! But, I think if you are unconscious, simply sitting at the computer (Moving your mouse, pushing WASD or jump ETC...) and not logging out, you should be able to wake back up... depending on your injury.

So! If you have been knocked out for a minute, and not up yet, and you log out/walk away, then your character's 'wake-up-time' should freeze, disabling you from waking up until you return. However, once you are back, you should be able to resume the timer, and reach that really weird wake-up-time up one minute and three seconds. When they wake up, depending on whether or not they SSHHHAAAKE THEEEIIIRRR MMMOUUSSSEEEE CCRRAAAZZZILYYY, they should wake with a jolt, or remain calm. (Jolting awake warns the captors to knock them back under. Being calm should be the opposite, and give them a chance to see where they're going, grab a weapon, or attempt a (false) escape) Of course tying them up wouldn't allow them to escape....

jon...
    I am honored to have been accepted to your kingdom! I would have to wait and see what the regulations are for living inside the city's walls are, and whether or not how crowded it might be. But! I'll be sure to live within your rule as long as those rules are not dictator-like (lol). I most likely will live outside of your walls, that way no one will know of my home's location (And thus slit my throat as I sleep). I might end up moving into your city later on once it grows and has a security force.

(BTW, my younger brother plans on being a guard, so he may join your forces as well!)
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    I really like the logging out solution.
    I believe you can knock them out by simply killing them
    If you kill them I think they die.

I'm talking about Survival mode, not the Survival Games. I remember them saying when a player dies, their spirit (Or wisp) exits their body, and you now get power over that wisp and lose a physical form. Over time, you start to glow brighter and brighter, the brighter you are the more power you have. You can, at any time, reenter your body and combine your wisp's strength to heal your body... if you're too built up, your'll explode. Too weak, and you may be crawling or not even awake/might die again.

Their death system is semi-similar to that of WoW, but more complex and a LOOOT cooler! When I say similar to WoW, I also mean UO and a few other games as well. It isn't 100% unique, though almost no other game out there is. They took that idea, burned it in a fire, pulled it out, reforged it into a bigger and stronger idea, then are throwing it at the original creators and saying "HA! Take that!" and saying to us "I love you! You love me! Together we will TAKE over the world. Wont they come and love us too?" +1 if you get that last reference. XD!
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Now i understand but i wonder how long you are a wisp.
    5 sec or more like 10 min.

They might add bondage tools Dayz stand has handcuffs so if you get knocked out or held at gun point they can put them on and i think you can only get them off with dying or key lol also we would be glad to have your forces Tek. :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I just thought of something cool.
    Instead of handcuffs (Doesn't fit aesthetics) you could either put an object on a seeds netriam that prevents the wisp from re-entering or you put a trap (spell) on the netriam so that when the wisp goes back in, the antagonist puts the wisp in a bottle. This allows him to decide when to join the spirit and the body of the seed.

This is not a fully developed idea just something i thought of as i was reading.
    Tell me what you think.

yeah i didn't mean put handcuffs in it was just a ex. Also i agree the should add something like a wisp trap and add ropes and spells for restraint.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Yea. Not handcuffs, maybe vines or something.... The weaker the material, the easier it is to beak free! Vines: Level 1: Stretchy = about 10 or so minutes (IF you try!). Vines: Level 3: Pointy = 30+ minutes + Damage with every bit of struggle... or something....

As to the wisp in the bottle... YES! I want necromancers to be able to do that. Maybe after so long you can break free, depending whether or not the bottle is spelled or such. And the player should always have the option to "Give In" and just respawn as a new wisp... but the necromancer should still be aloud to carry that wisp and body, and put it back together (At that point it will ask the original owner "Would you like your old body back?"), but if they decline the body is dead... and the guy now has a pet wisp :D. lol
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    That would be awesome i want that in game! :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis