TUG runes

1131415161719»

Comments

  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    You can resize images with imgur its very easy and makes the thread a lot easier to read.

    or you can use the
    tag.

    I like smaller images over spoiler tags for large ones.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    spacedot wrote:
    You can resize images with imgur its very easy and makes the thread a lot easier to read.

    or you can use the
    tag.

    I like smaller images over spoiler tags for large ones.
    I only make mention because it means people don't have to go to another site to resize their images, they can do it here and not have to deal with another website.
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    Thanks, i am just gonna use the spoiler tags till i have time to resize the images.

    tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    So while working on another project i started to get discouraged. my solution? make something! =D

    so i went to the TUG Wikki where the runes form the Tablets and stuff have been pulled out and cleaned up and Loaded them into my Template. ( i decided to use the Cubic one since its the most different from the Font i already made.)

    the Problem is that the Cubic font is still missing three letters, so i Frankenstein parts of the others into Runes to fill in the Gaps (i will replace these with the Official ones if and when they are ever found).

    Here is a comparison Photo: it really demonstrates what i was trying to say about how the Runes can have different Character depending on how they are drawn.


    tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    Ok so after a lot of tediousness, i have finished converting my first set of TUG Runes into Photoshop Brushes.

    This is what i used to make the cool dispersion effect on my avatar, figured there are much better artists out there then me who could put them to better use.

    So here you go =)

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/op0duo93w1j4yxn/AABZXx3fSWnbZzoVCUJ9TOYTa/Rune%20Brushes?dl=0

    Enjoy =D and as always let me know what you guys think.

    tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    Tugs Config File, in TUG runes... why? Because i can! =)

    tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    edited August 2014
    just a little something I threw together ;)


    EDIT: added all the runes magic
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    Ashen44 wrote:
    side note: how might I get the link to say something like "fun" instead of the full url?

    [url=http://]WORDS[/url] :D
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    tanx pam, as this is the first forum I've ever put more than 2 posts in, I'm not that fluent in BB code :oops:
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • jack751jack751 REGISTERED Posts: 2
    Okay so im sorry if this is really dumb but i just started playing this game recently and i was wondering how the hell people where able to translate this. I can understand how they translated it into the english language but how the do you take
    ''Four out of The Twelve'';

    stelam'iya eternei creod
    caelam'iya, devotei vakad
    theram'iya, oblivisei teacid
    xarom'iya, ahtator tenebrei

    and get
    ''Four out of The Twelve'';

    The god [Stela] created the Eternals:
    The god [Caela], who woke the Destined (Of the destined?)
    The god [Thera], of the Forgotten spoke/taught
    The god [Thera], who taught the Forgotten
    The god [Xaro], (ruler?) to/of the Dark ones

    I mean seriously how do you figure this out.
    Im sorry if this sounds stupid or has already been asked i am just honestly confused on how you translated a made up language from carvings.
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    jack751 wrote:
    Okay so im sorry if this is really dumb but i just started playing this game recently and i was wondering how the hell people where able to translate this. I can understand how they translated it into the english language but how the do you take
    ''Four out of The Twelve'';

    stelam'iya eternei creod
    caelam'iya, devotei vakad
    theram'iya, oblivisei teacid
    xarom'iya, ahtator tenebrei

    and get
    ''Four out of The Twelve'';

    The god [Stela] created the Eternals:
    The god [Caela], who woke the Destined (Of the destined?)
    The god [Thera], of the Forgotten spoke/taught
    The god [Thera], who taught the Forgotten
    The god [Xaro], (ruler?) to/of the Dark ones

    I mean seriously how do you figure this out.
    Im sorry if this sounds stupid or has already been asked i am just honestly confused on how you translated a made up language from carvings.

    Can you quote where you got the the English translations of those and i'll try and explain for you.Also i can't understand what you mean by "but how the do you take".
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    How do you take "this" (insert untranslated sentence) and get "this" (insert same sentence but translated).
    I think is what he means.

    The TUG language is a mix of actual languages (latin, japanese, and much more). We're fortunate to have a diverse community who recognized a lot of of these words, or parts of them. They were also smart enough to figure out parts they didn't recognize by other means. Like Google. Proud of our community. :D
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Pamcakes wrote:
    How do you take "this" (insert untranslated sentence) and get "this" (insert same sentence but translated).
    I think is what he means.

    The TUG language is a mix of actual languages (latin, japanese, and much more). We're fortunate to have a diverse community who recognized a lot of of these words, or parts of them. They were also smart enough to figure out parts they didn't recognize by other means. Like Google. Proud of our community. :D

    I was asking for the specific part because that doesn't look familiar. Merylisk goes over that general question in her dev blog which is on the front page here. Its slowly getting redone by me but its not easy work.
  • jack751jack751 REGISTERED Posts: 2
    Thank you for the replies. I did not realize that tug was a mix of languages and was thoroughly confused. As for the information i put i think i got that from the first few posts on this thread
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    [strike]Sorry for the double post[/strike]Had to delete previous post but i am almost done with the updated front page. This is the time to ask for something to be added or changed because i am not going to follow TUG after its done.
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    Done following lore = done with this entire game forever? If so, is there anyone you're willing to give your name/pass to so they can maintain the first post? If not, then we'll have to copy this information down and migrate it to a new thread that someone will be able to maintain indefinitely (really don't want to have to do that).
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Pamcakes wrote:
    Done following lore = done with this entire game forever? If so, is there anyone you're willing to give your name/pass to so they can maintain the first post? If not, then we'll have to copy this information down and migrate it to a new thread that someone will be able to maintain indefinitely (really don't want to have to do that).

    Done with following the game.I would never give my password out. My pm are set to notification so i assume that it will email me if anything is really needed. I still think this lore could be very good and i like it but i don't really like anything else. Nothing has happened lorewise for five months and idk if anything else will be done in the near future.
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    On many forums I've been on, the admins can change who can edit a thread--I've seen it done in exactly this kind of situation. I have no idea whether this can be done on the TUG forums, though.
  • Lukky3mLukky3m REGISTERED Posts: 44 Seed
    i wonderer if oneday i`ll undestand runes texts in game.. may i will be like a illiterate..
    21.jpg
    6.jpg
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    Holy necropost batman!

    Did we have a translation for da?
    I might have some ideas.
    a1i938.jpg
  • dagarondagaron REGISTERED Posts: 9 Podling
    This is what I think the first 6 might say.

    1. This pillar is inscribed by the gods decree
    This heaven, the angels are awaken
    This wild, the forgotten they arrive
    This filth, you will be the dark ones

    2. The seeds they have
    given (the offering)
    stranger gives helping hands

    3. The forgotten they have
    given (the offering)
    stranger gives masks

    4. The angels they have
    given (the offering) saintly
    halos

    5. The gods they have
    given (the offering) to stranger
    given (enlightenment)

    6. The dark ones they resisted
    giving (the offering)
    released the filth

    Just thought I add my two cents. I'm late to the party, so I'm probably all wrong. :oops:
  • dagarondagaron REGISTERED Posts: 9 Podling
    Just more guesses.

    7. Contest of struggle
    any newcomers

    8. You all
    one spirit
    will see the divine
    we purify ourselves

    9. Give the non-believers way out
    we purify ourselves

    or something like that. :D
  • dagarondagaron REGISTERED Posts: 9 Podling
    10. Prael
    of the forgotten
    rules over
    war

    11. The forgotten (singular)
    Vaenya
    rules over royal leaders
    and beauty

    Guess I have nothing better to do with my day. :/
  • dagarondagaron REGISTERED Posts: 9 Podling
    12. (unresolved) with you
    the forgotten (singular) one spirit
    rule over the unlucky,
    the soulless, and
    runaways

    13. Zenyo
    of the forgotten
    rules over thought
    and peace

    wish someone would tell me if I'm close or not. :(
  • dagarondagaron REGISTERED Posts: 9 Podling
    14. Unabara
    of the forgotten
    rules over the sea,
    storms, and
    endings

    15. Run with you
    the forgotten (singular)
    one spirit rules over
    direction,
    music, and
    the machine

    16. Karu, you
    the forgotten
    rules over liberation
    and wild beasts
  • AmonostAmonost REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    Oh, my goodness!

    It's been awhile so I'm a little bit fuzzy on what was agreed upon.

    One can get the general sense of what the rune tablets are saying but...
    The thing is that even we were never really 100% sure on a lot of the translations.

    This is how I remember / see them now
    (Neuria in a recent Dev Blog has been confirmed to be the name for the mystical energy that permeates the world of TUG.)

    2. ZERAHEI HAFAD
    DAR NEURIAM
    XEN DAR YADEI

    Seeds have/hold/posses
    their energy
    in their hands.

    3.OBLIVISEI HAFAD
    DAR NEURIAM XEN
    DAR KAMENEI

    the forgotten have/hold/posses
    their energy in
    their masks

    4. DEVOTEI HAFAD
    DAR NEURIAM SAN
    HALOHEI

    the devoted/divines have/hold/posses
    their energy as
    halos

    5. ETERNEI HAFAD
    DAR NEURIAM XEN
    DAR XA?ENEI (Not sure as we never got a translation for that T looking rune)

    the eternal have
    their energy in
    their mind/head/brain/forehead?

    6. TENEBREI TAMOD
    DAR NEURIAM
    XAROM'ETAN

    Shadows lose/lost (for some reason i see TAMOD as the opposite of HAVAD)
    their energy
    Xarom eats

    7. AGRAV'AGON has been confirmed to mean "survival games" (a PvP game mode that has been put on the back-burner)

    And a link to the page with my post about the last "set"
    http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51&start=500

    Hope this helps.

    (again these are not official translations just my best educated guesses)

    also when it comes to translating words try to post a link to an example or at least say how you came to that conclusion. That will help us verify and as a group agree upon meanings. ;)
    6.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.