God speculation

spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
edited April 2014 in Lore & Theories
This information should be considered out of date. This thread will not be kept up to date

Remaking for the new forums.The first thread made by chohsan

6cJqfjBl.jpg

to cut down on the size of this thread i am putting photos in spoiler tags
2 seeds fighting with god like features
oypmaOql.jpg

forth from the left in picture one solo
181485_650637844950351_2084556022_n.jpg
eqo5Apf.jpg
Z6p5Ya1.jpg
LGOBRdL.jpg
A11GK9C.jpg
2396614b60d915652c913bf58205179c.jpg
from the interview on zam.com http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32334

more images can be found in NK official videos found at their youtube channel Here

3:04-3:27

4:25-4:53

2:22-2:27 and 5:00-5:03

quotes from NK staff about said gods.
ino: Remember... every detail matters ;)
meryl: you guys are making this whole "not spill the beans on everything" thing really reaaaally hard! :P
Aww don't do that! I love reading all your speculations (I follow this thread pretty closely, FYI) :P

if we learn anymore i'll try and keep this updated

edited: for fixing links and adding in youtube videos.
edited: adding pictures from facebook

Comments

• LeifLeif REGISTERED Posts: 361 Seed
    Good stuff.

Remember that the first three links you posted will be dead in a few days, so someone will need to manually copy-paste the text if they want it to survive. Might need to rehost the images too since I'm not sure if the old media section is surviving or not (though I expect NK will have this covered).
    otViQlH.png
  • VisigothVisigoth REGISTERED Posts: 268
    it's awesome seeing you guys save that stuff,
    2mrSQTP.png
    tqJH8d0.png L8gIJPq.png HS9Ak7Z.png bJiq4Rv.png
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    The pic from the Zam interview reminds me more of a worshiper then a god. The question is, if he is indeed a worshiper, which of the speculated 'gods' might he be worshiping?
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    if you look over to the runes thread you will see it is starting to tie in with this one
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
    edited September 2013
    if you notice the "Gods" don't have hand Gems, that second picture is most likely just two seeds...
    Validifyed wrote:
    The pic from the Zam interview reminds me more of a worshiper then a god. The question is, if he is indeed a worshiper, which of the speculated 'gods' might he be worshiping?
    that's definitely the Gold "God" in the middle of the first picture the "Line Up"
    2mrSQTP.png
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    we already knew they were seeds. Guess you didn't see that when it was posted. Its included because of the things they are wearing/body are from the god picture.
    spacedot wrote:
    Its included because of the things they are wearing/body are from the god picture.
    what things,
    2mrSQTP.png
    the guys arm, tattoos and necklace. the girls hairband and dark spots on her back.
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    So... has anyone tried to name these guys yet?
    Sigil wrote:
    So... has anyone tried to name these guys yet?

Yes. A few people, but I don't know if they were saved from the old thread.

I don't actually think we know enough about them yet to name them however.
    otViQlH.png
    Fair point. I suppose I'll just have to wait for new content...
    spacedot wrote:
    the guys arm, tattoos and necklace. the girls hairband and dark spots on her back.
    Oh neat! I hadn't noticed that, now that you've pointed it out I can see the connection between the girls hairband and the spots, and the guys tattoos. but how are you connecting the arm and necklace?
    2mrSQTP.png
    sorry for the double post, but I wanted to link this...

I had to go back and look at a larger image,
    I set this up for the "Runes" thread 'even tho it didn't get used'

RSlISQu.png
    2mrSQTP.png
    That didn't get used in the rune thread (made by me too) because it does not have any runes. I seem to have forgotten where the connection to the necklace was made but i think there was one. The arm is from the shadow guy on the left crouching, its pretty much his arm on a seeds body.Your link didn't work because you posted the image link twice in one thing.
    edited September 2013
    it works exactly how it's suposed to, A small forum sized image "AS a thumbnail/link, to a larger image" with BBCode turned on it dose this>
    RSlISQu.png

and I wasn't talking bout you not using it, I was talking about trying to get @Geveo to use it, so the forum scale would be back in line... I'm OCD about stuff ~_~ unless I just ignore everything...

and yeah I can kind of see the resemblance of the arms,
    6Ck0D9B.jpg
    do you have this one too? I thought it was a neat link,
    eqo5Apf.jpg

J2iJ6KW.jpg

and this is a cool closeup of the detail.
    Z6p5Ya1.jpg

which leads to this... so cool >.<
    LGOBRdL.jpg

and so on...
    A11GK9C.jpg

and...
    ISF2Bo4.jpg
    all looks connected :D

2E5KIfk.jpg
    2mrSQTP.png
    added it in for sake of having all know pictures. the 2 pictures seem to be a slight difference in art style as it looks animeish. the opening post overall is getting quite well clogged with images, may have to clean it up and put stuff into spoilers.
    yeah, if you can't tell I <3 images!
    2mrSQTP.png
    Thanks for adding these images Visigoth. I was hoping someone would post the third / fourth ones on the forums eventually. Really interesting.
    otViQlH.png
  • ArkneosArkneos REGISTERED Posts: 71
    As for naming these guys - we think that the runes that were released recently might hold the some of the names for these guys. Want to pop over and see if any of the names match any of the Gods? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51
  • JoeJoe REGISTERED Posts: 264 Seed
    And then come back here and speculate. :mrgreen:
    How do you suppose this connects with these figures?
    StoneHeads.jpg
  • kitsotomarukitsotomaru REGISTERED Posts: 3
    http://i.imgur.com/6cJqfjB.jpg

Well, just sort of throwing this out there, but I've noticed something, though it is merely theoretical (Implying everything is anything but theoretical) Every single god has a mask, with the exception of the Blue God to the far right (Which I have dubbed the god of magic, in my personal view) And each mask has a different animal aspect (From left to right: Squid, Elephant, Eagle (Hawk?), Coyote (Jackal?), Bull, Butterfly, Jaguar, Rabbit, Bat, Turtle and (I assume) Another Canine for the end) From this I suppose one could imply that their aspect, or element, or season/homeland, whatever one may call it, could also be represented in these details. I believe it is clear that the Goddess on the far left is the Sea Goddess (The Ocean is a cruel Mistress indeed) perhaps the next after her is savanna's or Deserts, then the sky, then something like Mischief, then War, etc. Perhaps we need to take a closer look at their outfits and/or apparent personality types to bring about some clear understanding of the gods and who/how they are, and what they may or may not embody.

tl;dr

Damn, look at those fine ass masks.
  • kitsotomarukitsotomaru REGISTERED Posts: 3
    ADDED NOTE:

My opinion on who those sculptures are of:
    Sky, Rabbit, Elephant, Squid.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Wow, I never noticed it ever before, great find, boy!
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    do you think its possible that these gods are based off some of the developers somehow or do you think they are completely separate
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    jon14uk wrote:
    do you think its possible that these gods are based off some of the developers somehow or do you think they are completely separate

I already counted and there are more devs. Not ruling it out but we lack information at this point in time.
  • ChohsanChohsan REGISTERED Posts: 220
    Hey there, everyone.

Thanks for continuing the original Gods of TUG (Speculation) thread, spacedot, from the old forum now archived here.

I recently saw the photo shown below on the Nerdkingdom Pintrest and I was wondering why this particular entity was singled out. She definitely looks like she could be a new take on the second entity from the left in the image of what we originally called the Pantheon/Magnificent 12 (M12). I'd be surprised if "she" wasn't one and the same. It could simply be coincidence, but what would be the fun in that? No, let's speculate! I'm wondering if maybe "she" holds significance in regards to the current theme of "TUG survival games" or maybe something coming soon?
    84ac593163ddae36a70c0aec3759949e.jpg
    (Click the image for a larger resolution)

I'm also really curious if more of these singled-out images are currently in the works and which one will follow next. We've seen at least one other entity (from M12) singled out before. "He" is one of my personal favorites, the one I originally called "Pherull"!

What are your guys' thoughts on the new image? Maybe this is proof that the Pantheon is something more significant...
    zeN5DFg.png
    Good find. I like that they're refining their characters with musculature and detail. Note the mistake in the sketch with normal hands.

However of all the 12 to change I feel like this one was closest to being right. For example originally she read as short, stocky, yet confident and benevolent. She helped round a diverse group. Here though you can see she's not thin but she's much taller and harder.

She's lost that charming personality. And the hair is weird. Maybe two braids pulled over the shoulders would emulate tusks better, but flowing locks just doesn't read right for me. :/
    I still belive it could be Merylisk using herself has inspiration. But when i went down this path i couldn't figure out who the others would be. Still nice to see more of jans art. I think they are the least posting artist of the team.
    Gods Confirmed

ZZzRfde.png

this came from the steam greenlight page.