Purus Aeternam

DajeDaje Posts: 85
To quote Michael:
To put it simply, we are the counter bandits. If you have ever played any pvp MMO, you will know how frustrating it is to be killed by bandits in the best gear. It ruins entire games for some people.

I don't want a large group of people to be put off from TUG because of the "kill everyone" bandits. THIS game will have repercussions for theft and murder. I've tried doing it myself, but it doesn't work. As Edmund Burke once said (look him up, he's a cool historical figure, if your into philosophy),

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

And trust me, they will combine. And we should too.

Rules:

1. Do not attack the innocent
2. Whenever possible, offer someone who you defeat a chance to redeem themselves instead of killing them.
3. Respect just authority. If the mayor of a normal city doesn't want you to set up a fort nearby, move.
4. If you are given the choice between following the law and doing good, do good.
5. Whenever possible, find the original owner of any stolen goods obtained by bandits, and return them.
6. Have at least a basic knowledge of healing magic (you don't need to have it to join, but you have to learn some eventually).
7. Do not lie unless necessary (i.e. undercover work).
8. Do not practice the dark arts (necromancy and anything that deals with demons).
9. Do not coerce innocents to do your will.
10. If you have to sacrifice yourself to save an innocent, you are expected to do so.
11. Just because you are with us, doesn't give you permission to break these rules.
12. Never demand payment for your good deeds (you can ask for something, but you can not force them to pay. This doesn't mean you cannot trade with other people normally).
13. Colors will be white with some gold and light blue
14. Do not combat log.

Members of Aeternam :

Michael
Hadron
Deckeo
Daje
Wiggin
Nelfie
Link
Laktou
Ace
BK1212
Alpha
Dutstra
jon14uk

We are accepting applications.

To apply, just post saying that you have read to and agree with the rules, and that you wish to join.

Also, check our site and apply there to see the inner threads.
http://PurusAeternam.enjin.com

Comments

• TestamentofTestamentof Posts: 1,234 Seed
    As a resident member of Ars Arcanus (no actual authority as yet), when we get our feet under us and start offering tutelage and services, I am sure we'd be more than happy to help!

I do remember there was a group that planned to test the system and find ways to constructively plan to prevent griefing, so if this is an extension of that then Hurrah, if not then I suggest finding the group on the old forums quick and then recruiting them?
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • AlphaAlpha Posts: 10
    I have read and agree to the rules, I wish to join!
  • WingidonWingidon Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I ain't joining, but I am supporting the cause. As long as you can have a base where everyone can come and take a loot... I mean... look at the people who are "Wanted" (you better have these posters avaible for your own use) I am fine.
  • DajeDaje Posts: 85
    Alpha: Good to hear your interest. I've added you on the Guild website so you can see the forums on it. You should be able to see the work-in-progress Guild Organization thread in our announcement section. That's the main thread I'm trying to get member input on at the moment.

Testamentof:
    We may actually share some members with Ars Arcanus, though I can't remember who. Either way, it would be great working with you guys. We hope to be a helpful guild to any friendly guild or player.
    We're one of the older guilds but I'm not sure if we are the one you were talking about because the goals are similar, but not the same. Ours is more of a "help others in need" which leads to anti-griefing, but doesn't necessary require focus on community anti-grief efforts. If you find the guild link could you message me it, even if they don't want to join we could likely help them. I'll keep an eye out for it myself.
  • LeifLeif Posts: 361 Seed
    Daje wrote:
    We may actually share some members with Ars Arcanus, though I can't remember who. Either way, it would be great working with you guys. We hope to be a helpful guild to any friendly guild or player.

We have Wiggin, Michael and Ace down as Ars Arcanus members, so they can act as ambassadors between our two organizations. I look forward to working together in some capacity. :)

Speaking of which, where is Michael these days? Haven't seen him on either forum for a long while.
    otViQlH.png
  • ValidifyedValidifyed Posts: 612 Seed
    I think I said this on the old forums, but I shall state it again here as well;

Purus Aeternam is granted free passage to carry out their work within the Lemurian Empire.

We are currently working out the finer details of the Law Enforcement act in internal discussion and I will return with a link to the final Document when it is finished.
  • Hey everyone, I'm not dead!

Can someone PM what's happened over the past couple of months? I'm sorry I've been AWAL all this time, but I'm back now.
    Woot! Our leader has returned? What mighty beast have you brought us this time?

Not too much has happened with the guild. You can check the forums on our site, but the main change is that we have some new members! :D

@Validifyed
    -We're working on our own organization structure as well, and trying to create an embassy proposal for your Empire. It'll take time, as forums do, but we've not forgotten : :)
  • Daje wrote:
    Woot! Our leader has returned? What mighty beast have you brought us this time?

Not too much has happened with the guild. You can check the forums on our site, but the main change is that we have some new members! :D

@Validifyed
    -We're working on our own organization structure as well, and trying to create an embassy proposal for your Empire. It'll take time, as forums do, but we've not forgotten : :)

Can you fill me in on this embassy proposal you've been working on? Sounds like a good idea, I just want to know the details.
    I look forward to discussing the matter more when you are ready :D
  • Nice to see that we got some new forums, how are things working out with the arrangements to the other guilds/empire?

Could you possibly fill me in as well Daje, on the discussions with the empire?
    18.jpg

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

- Albert Einstein
  • Yes, I would also like to know this information! Could you post it on that website? We should really use it more...
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
    Wiggin.. you were the last person to post in the thread about it.. :oops:

-All the current officers should be able to see the information on our site. Discussion on it hasn't continued for a while. -Check the Officer Discussion subsection for the thread.

-To Nelfie and Validifyed, I'll be sure to have you guys updated once we have something solid. As you may be able to tell, there's some confusion on our side about it, which should be cleared up soon :)
    As expected considering the recent forum switch, I'm happy to wait while you get organised again :D
  • Youngy798Youngy798 Posts: 905 Seed
    Plainhold would be happy to provide a fairly ruled and safe place for Purus Aeternam to base their HQ, we are part of the Empire so you can count on us not to be abusive in power.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • HadronHadron Posts: 3
    Hello! I have been gone for a while to, with school starting. But I am happy to be back :D
  • MichaelMichael Posts: 59
    Youngy798 wrote:
    Plainhold would be happy to provide a fairly ruled and safe place for Purus Aeternam to base their HQ, we are part of the Empire so you can count on us not to be abusive in power.

I apreciate the offer, but I have plans for an massive, elaborate HQ. Im sure we could set up a embassy (for lack of a better term) in Plainhold.
    That would be good, I would like to have places for all of the world organisations to meet in my town, makes it easier for everyone to meet up.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • WigginWiggin Posts: 18
    Ah oops. I misunderstood, and thought that it was something different. Yeah the embassy system on the site would probably be used for any and all empires that would like one.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
    Hey everyone! It's been a while since we've been that active. So, in preparation of Beta, I'm calling a Guild Wake up by January 4th! The goal is to get everyone active again by then.
    To those not in the guild, that means that hopefully by then we'll be able to settle the organization of our guild and finalize plans to work with others.
  • SinnonSinnon Posts: 383 Seed
    Quite a nice goal!, lets invite more Seeds!
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
  • AlphaAlpha Posts: 10
    Looking forward to the awaking :) I cans host a dedicated server also
  • MichaelMichael Posts: 59
    Hi guys. Looking foward to the beta launch. Don't know how active I'll be though...
    Active enough my friend. active enough.

[strike]For some reason I keep having trouble accessing our guild site today.. It was working fine yesterday... Anyone else having problems with it?[/strike]

It's working for me again :D
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian Posts: 424 Seed
    What's wrong with demons and necromancy, if used to say, repel a group of bandits single handedly?
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    Whats wrong with a Nuclear Bomb if to end a world war.
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian Posts: 424 Seed
    I wouldn't liken demons/necromancy to nuclear weapons, since they are only a means of a rapid and temporary boost in allied numbers. I do myself have a problem with using high powered explosives for general combat, with the exception of destruction of barricades, since it ruins the landscape horribly (think creeper blasts in minecraft).
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
  • DutstraDutstra Posts: 27
    Hey guys I would be intertested in joining you as it seems what your doing is for the benefit of all. Counter bandits would offer a lot of fun through the game as I am sure there will be plenty of less honest players on the game looking to ruin others game play.

Give me a heads up if you're still actively recruiting.
    Plainhold will definitely help you find counter bandits, if you ever need help taking down a large group, call us.

Bye!
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Validifyed wrote:
    Whats wrong with a Nuclear Bomb if to end a world war.
    [Innitiate offended redneck mode] Is that supposed to mean something Val? Are you linking America to necromancy, demons, and other black arts?
    5.jpg