Framerate

sokandesokande REGISTERED Posts: 9
edited December 2014 in Alpha Forum
Hi i was wonderign was anyoen else having terrible framerate issues, so bad you cannot even test this game?

With my curent rig there is no way i should be having framerate issues this bad, is there anythign i can do to improve the frame rate below is my pc spec:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Si
System Model: SYX-SBT-X58
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/03/10 14:25:21 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
Page File: 11097MB used, 5365MB available
Windows Dir: C:Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68B8)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_1002&DEV_68B8&SUBSYS_1482174B&REV_00
Display Memory: 753 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1013 MB
Shared Memory: 3835 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SV420M
Monitor Id: VIZ0057
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1230 (English)
Driver Version: 13.152.0.0

Comments

• GrimGrim REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 15 Developer
    Try disabling your shadows for now. Your graphics card is fairly low-end, but, we're working on optimizations and graphics options on TUG which should speed things up for you in the near future.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • sokandesokande REGISTERED Posts: 9
    ok wierd that you would say it is low end as i have 2 of them in a sli format. Maybe there is somethign i can do on my end, cause i can run any other game with all graphics option on the high end spectrum with no problem
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    I'm not sure TUG suports sli yet.
  • ScriptsScripts REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 41 Developer
    Could disable SLI in the nVidia settings area to try and see if performance is better. I remember when I was running 3 way SLI and I ended up just turning it off because the performance was just better with one card. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Let's make something awesome together.

Follow me! @Scriptslol
  • sokandesokande REGISTERED Posts: 9
    ah ok i will do that then ty :)
  • SnoogieSnoogie REGISTERED Posts: 1
    I am experiencing something similar. Disabling shadow helped a bit for me, but I don't think I'll really be able to play till some optimization happens.

I am running
    i7 CPU 930
    8gigs of ram
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 series

I never get more than 11fps and the game spikes my memory usage by about 60% upon world load up.
  • BladirusBladirus REGISTERED Posts: 6
    Same for me. Unplayable at the lowsest settings. Kinda sad but I deal with it and wait patiencely. Just a pity that I'm an the short Alpha now and it do not work properlie ^^.
    My Rig:
    i5-2400
    AMD Radeon HD 6950
    8 GB Ram
    Running TUG on a SSD (500GB)
    Win 7 64 bit
  • NavarroColNavarroCol REGISTERED Posts: 28
    In the lowest setting i can play without problem, when i play in highest i run in good frame but when the game load terrain need more ram and get freeze i only have 4Gb of Ram.

Phenom II X4 945
    4Gb RAM
    HD 7850
    Win 7 64 bit
    Don't press [Alt+F4]
    19.jpg
    Am I the only one whose game only start in windowed mode?
  • ErwintjuhErwintjuh REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 25
    Something I notice overhere is that there are people these days saying they have a top of the bill pc and when I see their specs it is a pc of 2 years old (at least the GPU). Remember guys, if you have a PC that is older than one year, you cannot say you have a high end pc anymore.
    Try playing a recent high end game (like Battlefield 4) on high resolution with everything maxedout. I can garantee you can't play it.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    My GPU is defs not High End, everything else is, but my GPU is a hand me down and I'll be replacing it by the end of the year!
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    I never claimed to have a high end Rig. I wait with buying new Hardware until the specs for Star Citizen are final and going to buy Hardware just to run Star Citizen on the highest. Until then I wait with buying new Hardware but as for now my RIG top the MINIMUM Specs for TUG quite a bit, don't it? At least expecting to run the game at medium decent.
  • AnorakAnorak REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
    Unplayable for me did upgrade me pc , can play all games about average as me Gtx660TI is not updated .
    Core 7 quadcore but the game does just give me chopchop frames .(331.82)
    Single player .
    First time its that bad but alot is added i did see and yes Alpha :lol: so iam not worried at all :ugeek:
    Checking back later latersssss

ps aye mine windowed as well :)
  • SinnonSinnon REGISTERED Posts: 383 Seed
    You could disable aero in windows.
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.