TUG Won't update?

falkflyerfalkflyer Posts: 4REGISTERED
edited December 2013 in Alpha Forum
Hey there, when I try to use the launcher to log into TUG, I get this message:
9W03XD9.png

This just happened recently, I was able to update and launch just fine like two weeks ago.

Comments

• SigilSigil Posts: 667REGISTERED, Developers Developer
    I understand they're dealing with some denial of service attacks right now so they're reworking the code so it can't happen anymore. It's annoying I know, but they'll get it fixed soon enough.
    wtl1x8B.png
  • SGT Tasty WheatSGT Tasty Wheat Posts: 3REGISTERED
    Also happening to me. Apparently it is happening to a lot of people. Hopefully the fix it soon.
  • Auti0Auti0 Posts: 278REGISTERED
    It is happening to everyone.
  • bkspacebkspace Posts: 1REGISTERED
    Any progress on this issue? I'm still not able to update.
  • SGT Tasty WheatSGT Tasty Wheat Posts: 3REGISTERED
    Same thing here. Its been a few days and i still can't update. Love you Nerd Kingdom, you guys have been great with everything you've done, and your customer service is unreal, and i don't want to sound ungrateful because you i know you guys are dealing with a lot. Just keep in mind a lot of us can't play haha
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution Posts: 1,060REGISTERED Seed
    YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BASTARD! But on a more serious note, just give it some time. We're still in alpha right now, so there are bound to be issues.
    5.jpg
  • NavarroColNavarroCol Posts: 28REGISTERED
    I will love to have my key just to activate the game and be sure the paypal and my creditcard dont have problems, but any way i still waiting
    Don't press [Alt+F4]
    19.jpg
  • LaryagarLaryagar Posts: 15REGISTERED
    I was afraid I had forgotten my password and had changed it to be sure. Still no go, I will wait then to download the new version. I had uninstalled my prior version just in case it was a launcher issue. It always saddens me when people perform a Denial of Service attack, I have seen people do it to Minecraft servers and now they target a project like this.
  • LHTLHT Posts: 13REGISTERED
    Is there even an ETA for this? It kinda bums me out since I couldn't play on my old computer when I bought it and just now got one where I can. :(
  • VulkanosVulkanos Posts: 1REGISTERED
    I got the same bug. I really hope they will fix it soon :)

Love you nerd kingdom!
  • ShadeeShadee Posts: 353REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Site Admin
    Can't give a solid ETA at the moment but we're very much focused on this issue and are working to resolve it. While it sucks that it's happening, it's better to have these things happen now, while we're in the Alpha stage when stuff's supposed to break, than later when it might've been much more of a problem to iron out.

To those of you waiting for your keys, please don't worry. You are all in our system and keys should be going out to you soon. We've had a bit of a delay in the send outs because of all of this. Not to mention that you probably would be stuck with the same problem anyway.

We will keep you all posted and in the mean time, thanks for your patience and understanding and for hanging in there with us while we sort this thing out.
    -Dee.
  • maty71maty71 Posts: 4REGISTERED
    HOW TO UPDATE
    Spoiler:
    I AM A
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    EPIC REVERSOMATIC
    Spoiler:
  • LHTLHT Posts: 13REGISTERED
    maty71 wrote:
    HOW TO UPDATE
    Spoiler:
    Negatory, doesn't work for me. :P
    Actually, if you noticed in my last post, I did uninstall it and tried installing with a freshly downloaded launcher/installer...and it requires me to sign in to update/install...which is where the problem is.
  • DalavineDalavine Posts: 5REGISTERED
    I was worried that my account was stolen!
    So this has been happening all week??
    I saw that there was a new update and that there was more OOMPH to the game now. While I enjoy playing all the updates I try not to explore for very long so the game will be mostly a mystery when it goes live... or beta with a lot of features, w/e comes first :D

Love the game, love the devs, love the future!
  • ShadeeShadee Posts: 353REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Site Admin
    Dalavine wrote:
    I was worried that my account was stolen!
    So this has been happening all week??
    I saw that there was a new update and that there was more OOMPH to the game now. While I enjoy playing all the updates I try not to explore for very long so the game will be mostly a mystery when it goes live... or beta with a lot of features, w/e comes first :D

Love the game, love the devs, love the future!

Yeah the attacks started during the weekend and they've been pretty relentless. Luckily our security measures are working. We just need to do some tweaking now.

It's a shame that people feel the need to do this, but hey, it is what it is. And it's certainly taught us a few things along the way.

Oh, and we love you guys too! ♥ Which is why we're not stopping until this thing is fixed. :)
    -Dee.
    I just keep trying every few hours to see if I can sign in and update.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution Posts: 1,060REGISTERED Seed
    Believe in yourself, and you can achieve greatness. How this applies to this topic, I have no clue.
    5.jpg
  • NavarroColNavarroCol Posts: 28REGISTERED
    well, i m still waiting for my key 8 days now, i will still waiting, I will love to play the weekend.
    i will belive in my dreams and achieve the greatness
    Don't press [Alt+F4]
    19.jpg
  • Auti0Auti0 Posts: 278REGISTERED
    Alpha keys are not being sent out right now due to our security issues we are currently dealing with. Everyone will get their keys as soon as everything has been resolved.

The keys are useless right now as no body has the ability to download the game currently due to the launcher being on lockdown.
    Well, now I do not get the double forbidden responses, usually it tells me lately that I am forbidden then a denied message and then another forbidden message. Now it seems I get just the one small denied message.
  • MurdrinMurdrin Posts: 1REGISTERED
    Yup you aren't alone, I guess it's happening to all of us but i'm confident the NK guys will sort it out soon.
  • reticle2020reticle2020 Posts: 2REGISTERED
    Guys no one is getting in until they can sort out the DDOS attacks. It's a pretty serious issue and they need to sort it out so unfortunately you won't get to play. Just give them some time, these issues aren't a simple fix.
    9.jpg
    I was just updating what the current response is from the launcher since it did change from the earlier responses in the week.
  • janelle88janelle88 Posts: 1REGISTERED
    In the same boat as everybody else. unable to update. SUPER STOKED for crafting and all the other new stuff though.
  • TuchakaTuchaka Posts: 10REGISTERED
    Really sorry to hear you guys were attacked, there is something about attacking a indie developer that really annoys me
  • CaelumCaelum Posts: 2REGISTERED
    yay for trolls who love to crash new stuff...
    Thanks for the support you guys. It does suck but we're working hard to get everything fixed up for you all. The fact that we're still up and posting here means the new system is doing its job. We just need to fine tune some things and then you guys can continue breaking the game for productive reasons again! ;)

To those of you who purchased your bundle right around the time these attacks started happening and are still waiting for keys. Don't worry, you're in the system and they will be sent out to you once we have all of this sorted out and once people can actually log in again.

For new people interested in the game, we decided to take the Alpha and Beta access bundles down while we're working on fixing this. But stay tuned, they will be returning to our front page once we've resolved this.

Apologies for this delay and annoyance. It's not exactly what we had in mind either. :S
    -Dee.
  • ZongocraftZongocraft Posts: 23REGISTERED
    IT is still happening to me just slightly differently instead of coming up with the big URL thing it instead just says when i hit the update button log in failed but when i just hit play it works fine. So Im confused :?
    5.jpg

All fear me!!!!! I will burn your villages and use your children as laborers!!!! Ok maybe not.
    I am assuming that the game right now does not require a login to play the files already on your computer, just need a login to update and download the files. I assume it is assumed you are valid if you have the files in the first place.