Basic crafting and item physics!

Youngy798Youngy798 Posts: 905 Seed
edited October 2014 in News & Updates
So a new video has been posted,

and it involves some very basic crafting, and item physics. They start of showing how items placed in mid air will fall and tumble around, and also show how throwing a torch will allow you to light up a dark cave or spot in the night!
Crafting is very basic at the moment, it consists of gathering several items, placing them on an object (they placed it on a stump, however this may not actually be required and may just be for show) and then, I assume, pressed a keyboard key to merge them all together. So far it is very basic, they gathered the materials and created the tool in a very short amount of time (less than a minute), however I don't think Nerdkingdom will leave it like that, and hopefully it will become much more indepth soon. This is a HUGE step towards a Beta release, how that they are testing SMP, have basic crafting and item physics, the game can finally be played in a survival way (atleast when they implement it). I expect that they will soon we releasing a very basic survival mode, it seems as if most the basic systems are in place for this now.
Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!

Comments

• Very basic indeed but that's definitely not a bad thing, I can wait for more advanced crafting to come in during beta sometime, right now I just want some weapons and some threatening AI to stalk and hunt. >:)
  • Youngy798Youngy798 Posts: 905 Seed
    I am more looking forward to the building and the economy and politics type multiplayer stuff. Killing things may be fun in TUG when you always have that feeling of 'Oh crap.. if I die my seed may be gone forever'. Everyone will be very cautious and tensions may grow because of that, it will be very interesting to see how the limited maps play out as well. If you mix in a very territorial City, with a few empires, high tensions and decline in resource amounts, then things will go bad.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • NikoNiko Posts: 12 Seed
    Looks great, I really much like how the physics works :). Hope you will make the water physics as epic :D
  • SinnonSinnon Posts: 383 Seed
    So there is not going to be a "GUI" like crafting system?
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
  • PsiQssPsiQss Posts: 181
    Sinnon wrote:
    So there is not going to be a "GUI" like crafting system?

Looks like there's not.
    And I like it alot! :D

I really enjoyed crafting in Gothic I, where you had to manually do everything, no gui (only the inventory). Even though it actually took alot of time to craft 50+ swords that way, I've been finding it really enjoyable.
    “You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one.”
  • One word : Awesome !
  • ZekloZeklo Posts: 344 Seed
    Been a while since I've seen a spammer, hopefully it gets worked out soon.
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"