TUGv1 vs v2 Compilation

RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
Hey all!

Something that I've been milling over recently is making a before and after compilation with TUGv1 vs TUGv2. I've been through and taken a couple of screen shots of things in TUG's current state for some nice 'n easy texture/visual comparisons but there are likely things I've missed. There's also the potential to go beyond visuals as well for instance, what was the modding x like.

If anyone would like to get onboard, I've setup a google drive folder with the photos I have so far. Feel free to add your own or make a suggestion for particular comparisons/ideas.

Noted that this is a pretty preemptive step seeing as we may not have anything to compare to by the end of December. My thinking here is that in the case where we do, very few people will have the old version to go back to to take screenshots.
Programmer, designer, artist.

Comments

• ElfElf REGISTERED Posts: 70 Seed
    I saved a copy of my old (current) Steam folder, which might be able to run later without updating. I also have the non-Steam version, but I'm not sure where that'll be on updates.
  • ekohrmanekohrman REGISTERED Posts: 87 Seed
    @Rawr I don't have screenshots, per se. But I have over 300 pictures of TUG objects that I still have from editing the TUG wiki. Would you be interested in those at all?
    For example:

Some call me... Terella.

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    About time I give my share of my screenshots.

I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    Since this page won't let me put it all in one post, I guess I'll split it around a bit.

And just let me say I love the knobkerry.

I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    @Wingidon @ekohrman I created a shared link to a google docs in the post. Its for anyone to put photos into. If that doesn't work for people, please suggest an alternative.
    edited December 2016
    That looks like just what we need, altrough the idea of making an acount for this is discouraging.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    I wonder if I should use dropbox instead?
    ...wait, no, still requires account creation.
  • ElfElf REGISTERED Posts: 70 Seed
    The closest you can get to "no account required; drop your pics here" is probably imgur.com, and someone would have to make sure they were tagged correctly to be findable.

File hosting spots are leery of "just drop files here" for obvious reasons.