Guild/city list

CustosAeternamCustosAeternam REGISTERED Posts: 77 Seed
edited September 2016 in Off Topic
Guys, I have been waiting for a very long time to get information. It seems that everyone has a different standard when it comes to posting their group information, and in order to make it easier for everyone there needs to be a standard format. If you do not like my format, please provide suggestions. Note that this is in regards to the sticky thread in the "In-game social organization" forum section.

The thread this is about:
http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/181/organization-settlement-list-perpetual-wip
Note: I am trying to come up with a good and professional design without the use of graphics.
-Previously known as "Spirit_Guardian"
"I will guard the seedlings with my life" -Custos Aeternam
12.jpg
4.jpg

Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    edited September 2016
    For now, I think that merely using the same format but with fine-tuning can suffice.
    In my own way of thinking, I'd say making it something like this, taking the entry on my current primary organization for the example:

Ars Arcanus Leader: Council_of_Ars
    Organization: Magic Guild and College
    using the term "organization" as a placeholder here, use whatever word you find more fitting for describing what kind of organization it is

Alignment: Lawful/Good
    Additional information: No information known.

My style in here is, basically, using primarily bold letters and subtitles to clarify beforehand what each bit of information is (and saying out each bit of information in a straightforward way, leaving the other details for it's), and avoiding adding redundant information, to make it all lighter on the brain.
    I recommend keeping each entry as formal as possible.

If you ask me, I suggest avoiding use of word colors, except on the word for said colors.

Unfortunately, the current comment system can be greatly limiting for my idea (I cannot highlight the "organization name and leader" thing any further without making it too big for me), so we'll have to unmaturely bash Shadee on the subject to improve on this (by cordially requesting an accessible modification on the size and color of the format in comments).
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    edited September 2016
    On an unrelated note, I am afraid you'll have to start the list back up from scrach; a lot of time has passed from since when most of these organizations had been started, and with time, people's ideas can change a lot (what I said about myself in the "what do you want to be ingame?" post I made back then has hardly anything to do with me nowadays, and this can have happened with some of the people who made these guilds and city ideas).

I am not their spokesperson, but I can say that Ars Arcanus is still a thing (we are immortal).
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • CustosAeternamCustosAeternam REGISTERED Posts: 77 Seed
    edited September 2016
    I agree, I am an incredibly patient person and I don't change all too much over time; but other people are less stable and less patient.
    I will be starting it over, but I want to know that I have support from the organization leaders. This is a list for their organizations and towns, they should help me fill in the blanks. To some they think I should just copy what is on their group page, but do you know how hard that is to manage when the groups change so much so often? It is quite a task, one I am up for if absolutely needed, but at that point I would practically (but not literally) be working a part-time job without being paid. So I need the support of the organization leaders to make this work. The thread in question has a very restrictive set of rules to it, in order to reduce spam and such to keep the important posts in view (be that war declarations or what have you), but there is nothing stopping anyone from dropping my a PM (well, except life of course; people are busy).
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
    edited September 2016
    For now, we'll need a complete template of the format, of which I am afraid that I'll leave it up to you for the most part.

I can also confirm that Ars Arcanus can be added into the list. I am rather regular here, so, as a member of the council, I can assist you with that.
    This is the current template for organizations and towns:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Name:

Leader(s):

Type: (see the "Organization/Settlement type list" below if you need help deciding)

Server(s):

Alignment (please note that your organization's/Settlement's alignment should be from the list below, it is easier to have one system of alignment than forty).

Formal Description:

External link for forum/website:

Competition(Merchant type organizations only):

At war with:

Treaties:

Alliances:

Nearby landmarks:

Boundaries marked by:

(Organization only)Town organization made/resides in:

(Organization only)Castle/fort/foxhole organization made/resides in

Symbol/Standard Equipment/Color(s):
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Note that you would not need to fill in all the blanks, only those that apply to your organization. It seems like a bit much to fill out, so do you have any suggestions?
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
    This actually seems quite adequate. Just make the title of each detail bold and it's all set when it comes to the aesthetical factor.

As you know, there'll be many blanks that most cannot fill yet due to the lack of any actual relationship with anyone, and the absence of a game world where to reside; so we'll do what we can do.

I assume I should fill it in now, right? If I do, where do I post the filled entry?
    Oh, you can send me a PM. I am going to re stylize the post and I'll add the information you provide to me when I get down to that section. I am going to be a little busy today, but not too much.
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • ZiafZiaf REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    Just wanted to pop in and thank you, @CustosAeternam, for all your hard work on the list. One day it will be invaluable to the community.
    Thank you @Ziaf.
    I am going to be recreating the list from scratch soon, I just have a few things that popped up and ill be good to go.
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • ZiafZiaf REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    Oh by the way, looking at Ars' current entry in the list and what @Wingidon posted earlier as it's example entry we have Ars down as lawful/good. I personally think lawful/neutral fits us better.

As just a single member of the council I don't speak with absolute authority on our entry, but from how we've conveyed ourselves and our rules so far we aren't particularly interested in what's for the greater good as an organization. We're simply interested in the acquisition and teaching of magically inclined knowledge regardless of what any bit of knowledge does or how it's viewed by the public.
    Re Evolution is a very good reminder of why do we not consider ourselves as an organization as "good".
    heh
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • ElfElf REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
    @CustosAeternam Is there a link to the "list below" details mentioned in the template? I never know what D&D alignments mean (outside of my own gaming group; other people always have different interpretations), and I'm not sure where the "Settlement type" list is.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Wingidon said:

Re Evolution is a very good reminder of why do we not consider ourselves as an organization as "good".

Damn right.
    5.jpg
    Elf said:

@CustosAeternam Is there a link to the "list below" details mentioned in the template? I never know what D&D alignments mean (outside of my own gaming group; other people always have different interpretations), and I'm not sure where the "Settlement type" list is.

If you read the posts, you will find spoilers with that information in it.
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
    edited September 2016
    12.jpg
    4.jpg