Vine-fists

WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
So, I had considered this little thing. The idea is basically a simple pair of vine hand wraps that you equip in the "Hand" slot, like a shield or gauntlet. With these on, your everyday "punch thing in world to break it down into recollectable resources" action when not wielding anything can now actually be used to hurt critters too.

In case it's not simple-enough:
TL,DR: simple vine hand wraps that allow you to punch stuff for combat purposes.

Could have a more advanced bronze age version in the form of a leather hand wrap with bronze studs. Essentially a Dark Souls caestus.

For all of your brawlers out there, with love.
I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.

Comments

• CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Maybe something like Thorn Vine + Leather Strips = Thorn Knuckles..

I definitely like the idea.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 REGISTERED Posts: 84 Seed
    I actually came up with something like this in my ideas thread. (Here's a link: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2940/my-ideas-thread-section-iv-weapons-pg-1/p1?new=1)
    It's a set of crude tooth wolverine-ish claws. I really like your idea for crude vine fists. It's a really good early-game weapon concept.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I guess this is the strike/blunt/impact/crush damage variant of the slash/cut/hack damaging vine claws of yours.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.