Hello?

lulzies22lulzies22 REGISTERED Posts: 8 Podling
I bought TUG after watching the Yogscast play this game, and I was excited to get it. I loved this game when I got it, which was when it only had creative on,but I still love the character, the art, and the story behind it all. This game has a lot of potential and I'm still excited for this game, but I don't know if I should be. It feels like when they started talking about adding in vanity items into the game that it started to go quiet. I'm not sure if the devs have abandoned us or they're just working hard, but the last time they updated this game was 8/2/16 which is 6 months and 23 days (counting today) since the devs have said anything. I love this game's idea, I don't want it to die. If any of the people from the nerdkingdom team sees this please say something...

sincerely-

the lonely seed

Comments

• ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 400 Site Admin
    Hey @lulzies22,

We haven't updated the current version of TUG, because the team's been busy with a major engine re-write. We're switching from DirectX to OpenGL, which will allow people with a much wider range of hardware to play and will improve performance and a lot of other things as well. Since it is mainly a whole lot of programming at this point, there's not much in the way of shiny new stuff we can show off until that's done and the new art can be put in. We're expecting testing of the new version to begin sometime in December, and this round of testing will be accessible for people who currently own the game. :)
    -Dee.
  • clearwatersclearwaters REGISTERED Posts: 10 Seed
    Now how's THAT for an up to date today answer. Love it. I'm kinda scared for the game myself but I am waiting patiently for this new stuff. <3
    I drew my avatar. Please don't steal it!
  • lulzies22lulzies22 REGISTERED Posts: 8 Podling
    glad to hear that the devs are still working on the game, got a little worried after 6 months of the game not even mentioning anything, now I know that its because you guys are working hard. thanks for responding!
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    \o/ OpenGL woo! Open Source master race!
    Also good to know whats up, been super quiet for quite some time now.
  • AenyseusAenyseus REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
    This is great news! But why do you guys not provide this information on steam? I mean, your reviews alone only due to no updating has been going down rapidly.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    Good question. There definitely needs to be some thought into where and how NK shares information. From an early observation, it looks like the good starting places would be on these forums, reddit, steam and email.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • arshan272arshan272 REGISTERED Posts: 92 Seed
    With steam taking precedence given how deserted the forums are of late, and how much they absolutely are not able to function as a replacement for any sort of front page news delivery mechanism.

(I am not trolling, I am stating a fact. I want this game to succeed as badly as the OP).
    Apparently, my opposite class is the Alcoholic.
    edited September 2016
    Well on that given, I'd say that both forums have been quiet/deserted/(looks around... ) or perhaps lurking.

I will note that there is an argument that NK should give precedence to their own forum - simply for control however to be clear, I don't think either forum can be simply dismissed or given large precedence.
  • DapperHamsterDapperHamster REGISTERED Posts: 58 Seed
    Personally I only lurk on this forum, not on the steam forums. Regardless though, I don't think it would be that difficult to copy/paste any announcements onto both forums, so it shouldn't really be an issue. It doesn't need to be an either/or situation :)
    Quick! Grab him! We've found ourselves a wild lurker.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Never seen myself the Steam forums, but I guess it's the important place to put the news, it's where the people outside of our forum's circle are, right?
  • arshan272arshan272 REGISTERED Posts: 92 Seed
    edited September 2016
    There haven't been announcements at all. This is the problem. The mainstream all believe that TUG is dead! Which, given all we have to go on is forum posts, it may as well be.
    Apparently, my opposite class is the Alcoholic.
    Should we make a post about all the small things people may have missed over the last year? A compilation of sorts and post across all of the different forums?
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Hey, that's a great idea. I say go for it, an all-the-progress-information-and-news-so-far compilation would be quite convenient when it comes to proving that this game is still going somewhere.
    edited September 2016
    Not sure how suitable this is but if anyone wants to join in I'm going to start a google doc and add to it as much as I can.

Let's also not hijack OP's post further - continued discussion can go here.