and Odd thought occurs....

Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
Now, I am sure many of us here are like me, we play many games many different games online.

One thing about AI is that the AI is usually basic even as extensive as it can be.

Consider,
You are a game company offering multiple online titles, all based from the same gaming engine.

One of your projects may be space, one may be old west one may be fantasy etc etc.

Now, imagine, you have same dungeon layout for each of these games.

Lets say your old west scenario is a tavern, your fantasy is anCastle and your space a space port.

Old west, "bandits" are your enemy. Space "aliens" fantasy "orcs"

Now, no matter who you are, you are the AI.

Sounds odd? yes, but hear me out.
You are your character Bob the cowboy, you walk into the tavern to fight the bandits.

But Sam another player in the space game, is going in to the same "place" he sees this in his game as a space port, you see it as a old west tavern, he sees you as an alien, with no name above your head, you see him as a bandit no name above his head. He may be extremely skilled with his lazer pistol you see just a revolver etc etc.

Basically you the player provide both sides, you are AI you are player.

It should not replace the npc AI but enhance it in any situation. You'd still have the random ones specially if no one on 'the other side' was doingt he same quest location but imagine the random changes to a situation of a repeatable questing area. You'd never say " oh hey I know this place th e guy always ducks twice then fires three shots" or whatever.

Anyways, just an odd thought.

Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    The question would be: Who's the schizophrenic here?
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    Ha this sounds like a continuation of the turing test.

But instead of holding a conversation, its mimicking player behaviour. Would be a heck of a leap forward for generalizability in AI.

Unless I've gone the wrong way with what you were getting at?
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    *chuckles at Wing*
    Yeah, Rawr,
    the thought, is that any other player in the 'dungeon' would appear as an enemy unless they were playing the same game you are. then you'd see their name. and you and your world would appear as enemies to them etc. Other AI could act on script with possibility to learn actions from current inhabitants which would make for very random encounters.
    Just a weird thought I know hehe..