Quick question. Is it possible to delete someone's comment on your post?

Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 REGISTERED Posts: 84 Seed
Recently, a troll commented very hateful things on my post. I was wondering if there was some way to hide them so that other people cant see them. Thx.

Answers

• Deadlock989Deadlock989 REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
    No, you have to suck it up. Terrible innit
    Don't worry though, Nerd Kingdom have all kinds of data modelling tools that make this situation predictable and they'll be able to do something about it eventually
    Like in 3 or 4 years or so maybe
  • inoino REGISTERED Posts: 131

Recently, a troll commented very hateful things on my post. I was wondering if there was some way to hide them so that other people cant see them. Thx.

Unless they say something that is intended of threatening someone with harm, or showing something inappropriate, we won't delete them or hide them. People are free to share whatever sentiment they hold in our community and on steam. Not huge fans of censorship... even when its not fun to see or deal with.
    I am a Dev on TUG, and I does teh science

Follow me on the twitters, why not? @inoritewtf
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Yeah, there's a thin line between being opinionated and harassing people for no other reason than to gratify some sense of self-righteousness. Unfortunately, with the way the Steam forums operate, it was only a matter of time before some of that poison seeped over.

An Ignore feature would be nice. It's not so much censorship and more personal choice, that way. I wouldn't mind the ability to hide posts from butt hurt trolls.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    Diddums. Sorry I spoiled your tea party.

Maybe us naughty Steam boys are doing you a service. We're given you a big bad to cry about. It's not like I took away your money and didn't live up to Kickstarter promises made years ago.

The huggy blanket of small print.
This discussion has been closed.