Could we have a feature that allows us to outgrow the need for a crystal?

Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 REGISTERED Posts: 84 Seed

I would really like a feature where you can evolve to a point to where you don't need the crystal anymore. The gem would fall off of the players hand and disentigrate. Making the seed more "Human" , preparing it for endgame items, abilitys, quests etc.

How this would be implemented I'm not quite sure. I just thought it would be a cool idea. If you guys like the idea and/or have any suggestions of how this would be implemented, leave a comment down below.

Best Answer

• inoino REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 131 El Jefe
    Accepted Answer
    Right now, we are not 100% certain that the seeds hand WILL contain the crystal. It was initially put there as a method to handle some communications for UI... but since that time, we actually will have a few alternative methods of handling it that I feel pretty strongly players will enjoy a bit more.

Will share more on this when it gets closer to demonstrating.

Answers

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    edited June 2016
    I'd rather have my precious little gem-ful of power forever. I assume the gem is what makes the seeds unique and special and all of that. Rending such a thing unnecessary would be rather extreme.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    I could see something like where you evolve to the point where the gem could be artificially replaced with a more powerful one on a ring or neck piece or something. Other then that I quite like the idea of the gem as a concept.
  • ekohrmanekohrman REGISTERED Posts: 87 Seed
    I like the gem in the player hand and the back of the kinokojin. I also like the glowing eyes of all the creatures. It is one of the many aspects of the game that make it otherworldly. Seeds aren't human or elf or any other standard creature that has been done to death. The world is new and unique. I've said this before, but I don't want realistic creatures (like goats), I want fantastical creatures and environments. I'm not married to the gem as a means of accomplishing that, if they have something else in mind.
    Some call me... Terella.

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    ekohrman said:

I like the gem in the player hand and the back of the kinokojin. I also like the glowing eyes of all the creatures. It is one of the many aspects of the game that make it otherworldly. Seeds aren't human or elf or any other standard creature that has been done to death. The world is new and unique. I've said this before, but I don't want realistic creatures (like goats), I want fantastical creatures and environments. I'm not married to the gem as a means of accomplishing that, if they have something else in mind.

I even remember that there was some fuss in the community when they showed the goats. It didn't help that Goat Simulator had been released a bit before that and was in it's trend phase.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.