How does world gen in TUG work?

Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 REGISTERED Posts: 84 Seed
edited June 2016 in Q & A
How does the world generate in TUG? Does it generate in cube-shaped chunks? Or does it work some other way. I wanted to know so I can make a suggestion involving the civilization system in the future.

Best Answer

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 505 Seed
    Accepted Answer
    Good question. As far as I got with it, yes the world is still divided into (32, 32, 32) chunks BUT generation is not directly dependent on it. Instead the best description would be something akin to regions. The smallest one I saw was ~4 chunks but shaped like a hexagon. I wasn't sure whether the hexagon shape was the only underlying shape as bigger regions didn't seem to follow just that regular shape.

Answers

• Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 REGISTERED Posts: 84 Seed
    Rawr said:

Good question. As far as I got with it, yes the world is still divided into (32, 32, 32) chunks BUT generation is not directly dependent on it. Instead the best description would be something akin to regions. The smallest one I saw was ~4 chunks but shaped like a hexagon. I wasn't sure whether the hexagon shape was the only underlying shape as bigger regions didn't seem to follow just that regular shape.

That sounds good. My idea depends on hexagon-shaped regions/chunks so if that's already in the game then that's awesome! :)