What's going on with the front page?

arshan272arshan272 REGISTERED Posts: 92 Seed
I like to check the site once every so often, but now the front page has changed completely and seems... Evasive. Now, I'm not the sort of person who gets really scared at a bad investment (I mean it was just ten dollars and I wanted to give the company my money) but why has an announcement not gone up about this change to the website? What is going on here?
Apparently, my opposite class is the Alcoholic.

Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    edited June 2016
    Oh, the front page.
    I have to say, the new style is weird... altrough kinda cool. It feels a bit like a more flowing version of a powerpoint presentation.

Still, it's weird.
  • CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    Ino just felt it was too cluttered. If you've got any other feedback for the site, just keep posting, and I'll make sure Ino takes a look.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    At this point, the more content the better. Much like with my kids, I get nervous when it's too quiet.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 510 Seed
    I would prefer animated sections with a button at the bottom that would instantly snap to the next section. My user scrolling to drive the current animation feels a bit clunky. While I'm on the subject, could the categories side panel on the forums be semi-hidden for mobile devices i.e. could be swiped out from the phones edge.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • Deadlock989Deadlock989 REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
    arshan272 said:

I like to check the site once every so often, but now the front page has changed completely and seems... Evasive.

Weird isn't it. Almost like there's no product or team left.
  • arshan272arshan272 REGISTERED Posts: 92 Seed

arshan272 said:

I like to check the site once every so often, but now the front page has changed completely and seems... Evasive.

Weird isn't it. Almost like there's no product or team left.
    Apparently you refused to acknowledge the devs offers to be transparent with you, and were subsequently punished.

Could the developers be so kind as to extend said transparency to me? I and any who might happen to view this thread would actually appreciate it. My question is just... Why does it no longer telegraph on the front page that you're developing TUG at all? Or that TUG even exists? It worries me, it seems like you're trying to cloud us. I have some faith in this project, I did put money down for it, so if there's a more sufficient answer, please just say so.
  • inoino REGISTERED Posts: 131
    C'mon guys... at this point, its KINDA gettin knit picky :P

The website front page is something we are just taking time to adjust to properly talk about Nerd Kingdoms project goals. Later, when we can reveal more of the stuff we are working on, we will have other segments that show more of the game and its world.
    I am a Dev on TUG, and I does teh science

Follow me on the twitters, why not? @inoritewtf
    ino said:

C'mon guys... at this point, its KINDA gettin knit picky :P

The website front page is something we are just taking time to adjust to properly talk about Nerd Kingdoms project goals. Later, when we can reveal more of the stuff we are working on, we will have other segments that show more of the game and its world.

It's not nit picky, it's a valid concern, but at least you addressed it to some degree anyway. I'll keep waiting, then.
    Alright, so I'm guessing that it would be around December that the front page will be reworked, yes? or January, because that would give a fair bit of time since the proposed completion of the engine rewrite?