Small creature suggestions

As much as I love the big creature ideas, such as BIG CREATURE SUGGESTION THREAD and others, I would also like to see small creatures. Creatures like song birds, insects (crickets, cicadas) and amphibians (frogs, toads) can really have an impact on the atmosphere/ambiance of a biome. Most of the time, you don't even see these creatures, you just hear them. You would know what biome you were in by the sounds around you. Creatures could even make different sounds at different times of the day. They could also be prey for the large creatures and each other.

The devs have talked about having creatures making the soundtrack rather than having stock ambient sounds for each biome. I love that. If I'm remembering correctly, there was discussions about having the creatures harmonize in such a way that each creature is sort of like a musical instrument and when combined they create a symphonic "soundtrack".

Of course, the small creatures should be unique to TUG, like the big creatures are. Any cool ideas out there?
Some call me... Terella.

Comments

• egorkegork Posts: 139 Seed
    edited May 2016
    little hopping mice that howl at the moon, well technically not at the moon but to declare territory like the scorpion mouse, aka grasshopper mouse

• CharlockCharlock Posts: 293 Seed
    @Sigil created geckos a while back and I updated them for the latest release and he was generous enough to let me include them in my Wild Kingdom mod. Small creatures definitely add more variety to the world and make it seem more lively.

Here's a link to that mod (I haven't done much with it for a couple of months now, but it is functional :))

https://github.com/Devotus/TUG-WildKingdom
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • ekohrmanekohrman Posts: 87 Seed
    I downloaded and played with the Wild Kingdom mod installed. I like the gecko a lot. If it was scaled down, it would be along the lines of what I was thinking. I really like the sound it makes.
    The Moa is cool, too. But the animations need a little tweaking. I like the sound of it, as well.
    Some call me... Terella.

• CharlockCharlock Posts: 293 Seed
    @Sigil added most of the sounds for the gecko and I added a couple extra. I can't even begin to explain what it took to get the Moa to even stand upright, let alone move correctly. As I said, it's a work in progress, but I have very little time to continue working on it at this time.

There are a few other creatures lurking about in the world with that mod added in, as well. Some are far rarer than others.

I'm glad you liked it. :smile:
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."