Greetings!

Comments

• ConceptGuy wrote:
    Hello Seeds...My name is Paul, aka Conceptguy, aka Art Director. :) I do a lot of the Character modelling, and some concept art as needed...As part of my job I have eyes on everything that shows up in game visually, so feel free to let me know whats working or not working for you....Id be interested to hear your suggestions for new game objects too...:)
    my Nk twitter is @NK_Conceptguy

You only have yourself to blame. Here you go (in no reasonable order whatsoever):

-Glass
    -Chisels
    -Podium
    -An assortment of Alchemical devices (you guys have plans for Alchemy, right?)
    -Books
    -Book shelves (not just for books, basically a place to put important stuff on)
    -Weapon Racks
    -Tool racks
    -Armor stands
    -display cases
    -More crystal types
    -Lakes, rivers, and streams
    -Backpacks
    -holy hand grenades (I have to ask)
  • JoeJoe Posts: 264 Seed
    Wingidon wrote:
    You know me as "Wingidon", but I have another, older(?) nickname: "Rofley" (get it? Rofley, ya, it's very old, but not enought to be something, like lollipop).

I am a youngling around here, just a teen. Appart from being in the Spectrum, I am one with my computer c:

I use the term "hoo" as a greet, and I love cryomancy (I seriously hate warm, and I quite resist the cold so...) and geomancy (from Dota 2: Meepo, the geomancer. One of the not-so-many who can play that guy properly)
    Spectrumers unite! :D
  • WingidonWingidon Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Michael wrote:
    ConceptGuy wrote:
    Hello Seeds...My name is Paul, aka Conceptguy, aka Art Director. :) I do a lot of the Character modelling, and some concept art as needed...As part of my job I have eyes on everything that shows up in game visually, so feel free to let me know whats working or not working for you....Id be interested to hear your suggestions for new game objects too...:)
    my Nk twitter is @NK_Conceptguy

You only have yourself to blame. Here you go (in no reasonable order whatsoever):

-Glass
    -Chisels
    -Podium
    -An assortment of Alchemical devices (you guys have plans for Alchemy, right?)
    -Books
    -Book shelves (not just for books, basically a place to put important stuff on)
    -Weapon Racks
    -Tool racks
    -Armor stands
    -display cases
    -More crystal types
    -Lakes, rivers, and streams
    -Backpacks
    -holy hand grenades (I have to ask)

AND ships, not for me, for the rest. Because after that: AIRSHIPS! I WANT TO DO DEM RESEARCHES FOR DEM AIRSHIPS! :D
    Joe wrote:
    Wingidon wrote:
    I am a youngling around here, just a teen. Appart from being in the Spectrum, I am one with my computer c:
    Spectrumers unite! :D

Do you know what spectrum I talk about? :3
  • After reading all that crazy stuff I just -have- to introduce myself---.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    Hello my name is Tyler M. Harr, you know me as Custos Aeternam and Spirit_Guardian, and I am not evil.

Though I have not been able to enjoy the privilege of being in the alpha, due to an old computer, I still keep watch of its' progress (from the background usually).
    I like to learn new things, mainly coding languages, and apply them in my plans for world domin--- I mean, for my "humanitarian" efforts--- yea that.
    I am also in college, majoring in game art and design, to learn how to design cool things on the computer and make games from scratch; the bachelors program for the college I am in is only 3 years long, but I will be staying an extra two quarters so I can stretch my financial aid.

When the public TUG servers are up, and I have a better computer/some real free time, I plan on gathering lots of resources and helping new seedlings get on their feet; though I will participate in battle, it will only be in the defense of myself or others.
    -Previously known as "Spirit_Guardian"
    "I will guard the seedlings with my life" -Custos Aeternam
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
    Wingidon wrote:
    Well, I just figured when you said you were one with your computer. ;)
  • Hows it going folks! Names Hane Darskap. People might remember me from the old forums But meh, might as well reintroduce myself. OOC: I am a college student, I plan to major in computer sciences more specifically programming with a masters degree though I intend to become an expert in all the fields I can find. I like reading, writing, creating... erm... Art? I guess it can be called art... Yeah... Hmmmmm....

IC: I hope to get to play in both Alpha and Beta soon as I get some cash on hand to contribute. I plan to play as an assortment of beings but my main man Hane Darskap, played by Hane Darskap, because I don't like giving out my real name so there. I simply plan to be that of a hardcore survivalist jungle lord/shaman/druid wandering through the forests, climbing trees, making a tree house, searching for animals to tame or hunt to eat, make some friends with wisps and figure out how they work, and just enjoy my life being the beast man I am. Yeah. So there. Yeah.

Anyhow nice to meet you all and hope that we can have fun and hang out and be the bestest of buddies! :D
    18.jpg
    2.jpg

Anyhow nice to meet you all and hope that we can have fun and hang out and be the bestest of buddies! :D
    Yay new buddies! :D
    Joe wrote:
    Wingidon wrote:
    Well, I just figured when you said you were one with your computer. ;)
    Which spectrum is...
  • Every time I join a forum I always forget to introduce myself in threads like these because I get distracted by other threads elsewhere hahaha!

But without further ado, Hello! My name is Axtrivium and I have been playing games since I was about 4 I'd say, the first game I played was pitfall! on the Atari 2600 - I thought it was the most amazing game when I played it, having to dodge crocs and what-not it was really hard for me and I think that's where my craving for really challenging games come from but at the same time I enjoy all games regardless of their difficulty.

I have this vivid memory of when I was 7 and in school I had a really bad day so I came home and played Sonic the Hedgehog, I played it all the way from 5pm to 11pm and I remember when I finally finished it with 100% completion I felt so satisfied and it was that moment in time when I realised I played games for the escapism from the real world and that I would become a game developer myself to help people reach that escapism because sometimes the world isn't fair and you need a distraction to view things from a fresh perspective.

So I went to college for games design because I love playing around with the ideas of how certain game mechanics can influence other mechanics and trying to find the right ones for the right scope of game but did not like it at all, the first year was great but due to situations with family, money and my physical well-being I couldn't continue past the first half of my second year - that and I felt all I was being taught was common sense and when I was learning new things and programs the tutorials for them were straight off Google, so I questioned why I was paying 35k - 40k for the course and dropped out.

So I've been looking for employment all this year but cannot find a job because everyone (in Australia atleast) wants people with 3 to 5 years minimum experience for entry level jobs because they know they can get people with that experience after the GFC and what-not - its infuriating.

Wow I'm sorry I didn't expect this to become a giant wall of text it just sorta happened :P anyhow other then playing games and disecting their mechanics I love to draw and do pixel art (although I haven't for years and TUG may have rekindled that ;) but don't think I'm a great artist, I just like to doodle) but with everything in life you need balance so I do hang out with my mates fairly often but when TUG gets multiplayer / survival servers they might not be seeing much of me. I'm also willing to help people along in just about any aspect if I know anything that could help them so if you see me around anywhere feel free to ask me about anything :)
    Axtrivium wrote:
    So I've been looking for employment all this year but cannot find a job because everyone (in Australia atleast) wants people with 3 to 5 years minimum experience for entry level jobs because they know they can get people with that experience after the GFC and what-not - its infuriating.
    Can you not get a job as a junior developer or something? I don't think you need experience for that. I'm sure you've already thought of that and exhausted all the possibilities for that though.

This is the reason I'm going to do my degree in broader computer science and most likely get a PHD in this. Then there are more employment availabilities, and because of my degree I'll be able to pick and choose.
  • Joe wrote:
    Can you not get a job as a junior developer or something? I don't think you need experience for that. I'm sure you've already thought of that and exhausted all the possibilities for that though.

This is the reason I'm going to do my degree in broader computer science and most likely get a PHD in this. Then there are more employment availabilities, and because of my degree I'll be able to pick and choose.

Well, not so much exhausted all the possibilities as I still have health issues, I have been sick for currently 7 out of 9 months this year with varying lung infections - first pneumonia, then bronchitis and then the return of pneumonia WITH whooping cough. GO ME!

That seems like a pretty solid plan man, go do it. :P
  • OrcaOrca Posts: 4
    I'm Orca. I was boobheart on the previous forums.
  • vernesvernes Posts: 6 Podling
    Welcome back Golem
  • Hello everyone! I am Fancymouse. I am a market analyst working in Southern CA. I like cooking, crochet, and learning. I have been lurking for a couple of days, but just got my alpha key (so stoked, downloading as we speak). I learned about TUG from googling for a new mmorpg to play (I was feeling nostalgic for Glitch). I am happy that I can support such an awesome project as it develops.

P.s. I LOVE the emphasis on social sciences in this game. Appeals to my nerdery.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Welcome aboard, I am Re, the resident anarchist. Nice to meet you
    5.jpg
  • Just got back from a long break of no games and wanted to see how everyone in the Nerd Kingdom was doing. Apparently there is a new forum, I was required to create a new user ID; did everyone have to do that? Also, now I seem unable to log into TUG and update. Does anyone know how I am to get into the game; I am an alpha backer?
  • LeifLeif Posts: 361 Seed
    Teonis wrote:
    Just got back from a long break of no games and wanted to see how everyone in the Nerd Kingdom was doing. Apparently there is a new forum, I was required to create a new user ID; did everyone have to do that? Also, now I seem unable to log into TUG and update. Does anyone know how I am to get into the game; I am an alpha backer?

Yeah we all had to do it.

NK are currently dealing with some security issues so the launcher is not currently working at the moment.
    otViQlH.png
  • This thread needs a resurrection for all the new people on the forums :) Hiya everybody new, and welcome to the community :)
    - Member of the Arcane Council, the Ruling body of Ars Arcanus.
  • Oh, there actually IS a welcome thread!
    Well, hello everyone :) I've discovered this game a while ago, one of the LP-ers I'm watching have mentioned it in their video. I've checked it out and now I decided to invest all my hopes in it. Hopefully they won't be wasted :)
  • ShadeeShadee Posts: 399 Site Admin
    Hey hey and welcome new peeps and welcome back those re-joining us! It's good to have you with us! :D
    -Dee.
    Thorgrim wrote:
    Oh, there actually IS a welcome thread!
    Well, hello everyone :) I've discovered this game a while ago, one of the LP-ers I'm watching have mentioned it in their video. I've checked it out and now I decided to invest all my hopes in it. Hopefully they won't be wasted :)

Welcome Thorgrim :)
    otViQlH.png
  • SkyblockerSkyblocker Posts: 98 Seed
    Hello! I'm Skyblocker. I'm currently a student that will be going to collage soon to study programing and design. I like games with strong lore and an amazing story with game play that ties it all together. I'm a beta backer that is very excited for TUG and it's potential for amazing stories and adventures created by a friendly community and passionate developers :)
    23.jpg
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Welcome to the team Sky
    5.jpg
    Is one more in our legion! Welcome!
  • jon14ukjon14uk Posts: 782 Seed
    Hi i am jon14uk i like RPG's im going to school to be a welder and learning how to metal work to make art also. I am also the military general of the Xandertopain empire.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Hey guys,

I'm Bleikopf.
    I'm very interested in this game, seems cool, right?
    Sadly, I wasn't fast enough to discover it before all the keys were gone.

I have a little problem with keeping track of everything, but I will try my best to enjoy the discovering of TUG as well!
    cesapollo wrote:
    GAS POWERED STICK, NEVER RUN OUTTA GAS
  • jon14ukjon14uk Posts: 782 Seed
    Bleikopf wrote:
    Sadly, I wasn't fast enough to discover it before all the keys were gone.

I have a little problem with keeping track of everything, but I will try my best to enjoy the discovering of TUG as well!
    Well i think beta is opening up around the end of January so you don't have to wait for long hopefully lol.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Hello! I'm Chellie, and I'm a lover of high fantasy novels and RPGs.
    That's basically it.
    I'll try to catch up on all these things that are going around because I pretty much just found about this yesterday on tumblr.
    chellie wrote:
    Hello! I'm Chellie, and I'm a lover of high fantasy novels and RPGs.
    That's basically it.
    I'll try to catch up on all these things that are going around because I pretty much just found about this yesterday on tumblr.

Hi Chellie.

Welcome to the forums :)
    otViQlH.png
    Chellie, welcome you are!
    Accept our embrace and become one with us...