Rotsuoy's Big Creature Suggestion Image Thread

RotsuoyRotsuoy Posts: 13 Seed
edited April 2016 in Suggestions & Feedback
Okay, so I originally made an account here, because a friend bullied suggested that I upload some doodles I did way back before we found out about the bearam. I promise my arm is not currently twisted behind my back.

I also thought it would be neat to actually draw out the ideas for people who have creature suggestions, because @egork made this awesome comment about a moosephant that I fell in love with. Why not?

So if you want to make a suggestion over there, I might just doodle it up and add it here.

Okay, so my first thought playing TUG a long while back was, "I just want to see a fat, green chicken running around yelling at me. That's what this game needs." This is what happened when I combined my favorite birds (vultures and turkeys) with dodos.
Chicken
Can't you just see these chickens making this awful noise?

Then, I thought, we have cats, why not bears? (this was before the bearam introduction)
Bear
How terrifying would it be to suddenly have glowing stripes running at you?

There are running animation doodles on both the bear and the chicken because I had originally thought about making a mock up model in blender with a little running animation, but it never happened. This is why it took so long for these doodles to see the light of day.

After I wandered around the open landscapes of TUG, I thought "wouldn't it be cool if a big... something... came out of the ground and just started loafing around? Like a big land whale or something? But if there's no water in TUG, maybe the Seeds don't know what 'whales' are, so maybe they aren't 'land whales' maybe they are just 'whales'."
Whales
So was born the theory that there is no water in TUG because the air is just dense with moisture, so the environment just flourishes without actually water sources around- as well as the theory of land whales. They are out there. You just haven't seen one yet... [full size image]

Okay, so here's my imagining of @egork 's elegant Moosephant.
moosephant
The sketch probably turned out way more 'moose' than 'phant,' but I thought it would be a neat design.
Can you see it? You just get done shooing goats away from your gourds, and then out of the corner of your hearing, there's this crunching noise. You turn to see a giant moose creature snacking away at your fruit trees. GAH!
I also suggest the name 'Whangdoodle' after the moose-like, whangdoodle from the book 'The Last of The Really Great Whangdoodles.'

If tamed, I can see the moosephants being really fun to have around and super hard workers:
moose
moose
moose
Okay, you caught me. I love moose.

Also, here's my imagining of @egork 's Boardog.
boardog
I'd love to have a trained pack of these guys when I'm out hunting bearams!

Here are my imaginings of @Charlock 's Squirrel-bat, Bealrus, and Goblik.
charlockcritters
I really want to just call the Squirrel-bats 'Basqual.' X3
Can't you just see a flock of bealrus bobbing across the frozen biomes?

I had @Charlock 's Squirrel-bats on the brain today, so instead of doing work I should have been doing, I drew squirrel-bats on everything. These are three of my favorite poses next to the two original doodles I did.
charlocksquirrelbat

That's it for now!

Comments

• CharlockCharlock Posts: 293 Seed
    These are great! Though, the final image doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for these and awesome work!
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • ShadeeShadee Posts: 399 Site Admin
    These are awesome!! :D
    -Dee.
  • RotsuoyRotsuoy Posts: 13 Seed
    That's weird. The image did seam to stop working. I wonder why...
    Let me see if it's my html or if it's my link.
    @Charlock There you go, man. I must have forgot to update the link here after I updated the image in my imgur album. Sorry about that!
  • CharlockCharlock Posts: 293 Seed
    Your sketches are fantastic. I don't have another word. I really enjoy these renditions! Please keep them coming!
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 Posts: 84 Seed
    edited April 2016
    Really cool art dude! I do wish they were a bit more colored in tho. Then they would be perfect! :D Would love to see some of these in game. Especially the squirrel-bats.
    Charlock said:

Your sketches are fantastic. I don't have another word. I really enjoy these renditions! Please keep them coming!

Wow, thanks. I really appreciate that. Reading people's ideas and sketching visualizations has really gotten my creative juices flowing. I wouldn't even be hurt if none of these were accepted, I just enjoyed the experience. Surprisingly, your squirrel-bats helped me out of my artist funk that I'm experiencing over a current project I've been assigned to!

Really cool art dude! I do wish they were a bit more colored in tho. Then they would be perfect! :D Would love to see some of these in game. Especially the squirrel-bats.

You think so too? Haha, yeah. I wanted to just sketch these out because I didn't want to get too attached to them- because some of them are pretty neat critters! I might actually go back and color some of them just for the experience. :)
  • ekohrmanekohrman Posts: 87 Seed
    I really like the concept of the land whale, especially with the reasoning on the lack of water.
    Some call me... Terella.

• egorkegork Posts: 139 Seed
    edited April 2016
    @Rotsuoy Is the Moosephant a wangdoodle or hornsnoggler? Maybe Horned Snoggler to get by copywrite...thinking Willy Wonka and what hunted the Oompas but my memory might be a bit off anyway good art

I wonder if the squirbats have rabies or some energy wasting disease?
  • Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 Posts: 84 Seed
    edited June 2016
    How about this? A CHURKEY! (Chicken + Turkey)