Where'd you guys get the Idea to put gemstones in the back of the seed's hand?

Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 REGISTERED Posts: 84 Seed
Just asking because I'm curious.

Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    You're asking the important questions. Good.

All I know is that according to the game's lore video (in that "Lore in a Minute" youtube channel thing), they originally had them in the back of their necks. Go wonder how did it go from one place to the other.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 510 Seed
    I'm wondering how information will be communicated to the player. The gemstone must be part of magic/tech but how would that be introduced to the player? how would the player interact with it before they had knowledge of particular magics/technologies. If it gave the player information before they had been introduced to magic, how would those interactions work?

More questions than answers really.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
    Innate knowledge, or perharps there's a message in the gemstome that resonates into us, telling us how to use it.
  • ekohrmanekohrman REGISTERED Posts: 87 Seed
    My guess for why they moved the gem to the hand is so that the player can see it. TUG is designed to be played in first person and you wouldn't see the gem if it was in the back of your neck.
    The idea of your soul/consiousness as a visible object is intriguing to me. It reminds me of the daemons in the His Dark Materials books (The Golden Compass, etc.).
    Some call me... Terella.

Just with early game. I don't see the stone being able to communicate much information to the player past health/death via brightness of the gem stone.

Though it would be something if a player happened to notice a change colour when near particular objects.
    Perharps the journal is in the gem, but they didn't put any anymation of the seedling looking at said gem yet. Or perharps they don't need to.

Hm, a key to be able to look at the gem at any time would be nice.
    haha don't look at it, you'll go blind.
    I'll look at it until the day I become so powerful my gem becomes a sun out of brightness.

Then I'll occasionally try with deep regrets.