My ideas thread. (Update 1.3 New art COMPLETED + Thread Reorginization)

Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 Posts: 84 Seed
edited July 2016 in Suggestions & Feedback
(Note: I will be updating this post whenever I get more ideas, so If you don't want to miss anything, feel free to bookmark this post.)

Here's a bunch of ideas for thing that I would like to see in TUG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents:

I: World objects (Objects found in nature. Also includes dungeons.)
II: Mobs
III: Tools
IV: Weapons
V: Armor/clothes
VI: Foods
VII: Decoration Items
VIII: Alchemical Recipes
XI: Building Pieces

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I: World Objects.

Pg. 1: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2937/my-ideas-thread-section-i-world-objects-pg-1/p1?new=1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II: Mobs

Pg 1: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2938/my-ideas-thread-section-ii-mobs-pg-1/p1?new=1

III: Tools

Pg. 1: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2939/my-ideas-thread-section-iii-tools-pg-1#latest

IV: Weapons

Pg. 1: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2940/my-ideas-thread-section-iv-weapons-pg-1/p1?new=1

V: Armor/Clothes

(None yet)

VI: Foods:

Pg. 1: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2936/my-ideas-thread-section-vi-foods-pg-1/p1?new=1
VII: Decoration Items

Pg. 1: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2941/my-ideas-thread-section-vii-decoration-items-pg-1#latest

VIII: Alchemical Recipes

Pg. 1: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2942/my-ideas-thread-section-vii-alchemical-recipies-pg-1/p1?new=1

IX: Building Pieces

(None yet)

Comments

• WingidonWingidon Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I guess whips would later on be weapons that require lots of training, but reward with remarkable utility.
    Lance, huh? I wonder how would it's bronze-tier version be.
  • Jakeman6299Jakeman6299 Posts: 84 Seed
    Wingidon said:

Lance, huh? I wonder how would it's bronze-tier version be.

Wonder no further, my friend! Just updated the thread!
    Nicely done.
    So... reviewing what would each weapon be in essence...
    The claws would be a lightweight thing, one that can also be used for climbing if it's made right, guess it'd allow for people to be more... effective at nature-dwelling?

Whips, what I said before.

Lances? I guess they would be the heavy version of spears. Or... for attacks while mounted, specifically when charging. Moa knights, anyone?
    Wingidon said:

Nicely done.
    The claws would be a lightweight thing, one that can also be used for climbing if it's made right, guess it'd allow for people to be more... effective at nature-dwelling?

Whips, what I said before.

Lances? I guess they would be the heavy version of spears. Or... for attacks while mounted, specifically when charging. Moa knights, anyone?

Thx. And MOA KNIGHTS!? YES PLEASE!
    edited April 2016
    Wingidon said:

Well, I didn't really intend the crude claws to be for climbing, they would more of an assassin's weapon. A cruddy weapon made of nothing but 3 teeth tied to a piece of wood doesn't seem like a very good climbing tool. Although I suppose that later iron-age versions of the assassin's claws could do it. :)
    Hence why "if it's made right". I guess weapons could obtain extra utilities the more advanced they are. High-quality whips for item-snatching?
    Wingidon said:

Hence why "if it's made right". I guess weapons could obtain extra utilities the more advanced they are. High-quality whips for item-snatching?

That sounds pretty cool. :)
  • NekochuNekochu Posts: 244 Developer
    Great job! I really like the ideas!
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
    New Version! Version 1.2 With Aura node and bright bloom concept art!
    Small update. Version 1.2.1: added aura crystals
    Small update. Version 1.2.2: Dark Bloom and Tainted tree.
  • RotsuoyRotsuoy Posts: 13 Seed
    I JUST made a comment on another one of your posts about claws/katars. I love swift punching/swiping weapons.

I absolutely adore the idea of the dark bloom and tainted tree, but I'm not feeling like it is 'TUG' enough. Maybe that's just because I play a lot of Thaumcraft, and my idea of TUG is a little different? X3
  • ShadeeShadee Posts: 399 Site Admin
    Love these ideas. The tainted tree is especially awesome! :)
    -Dee.
    Update 1.2.3! Tainted Crawlers!
    I LOVE the tainted crawlers! That's so amazing!

@xx_hodgie made a response here about beetle-headed spiders, and I was trying to figure out how a creature like that would look to post here. I just couldn't make my hands draw what was in my brain, but you pretty much nailed it with those guys!

Instead of their larva looking like maggots, I'd love to see them look more like beetle larvae:
    beetlelarvae
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel Posts: 191 Seed
    a Tree tap for tree sap could work for your glue :)
    Equally we could go traditional and have goat hooves drop to make Elmers glue hehe.
    (( Elmer's glue used to be made from various hoof and foot bits ( like grom cows pigs and so on. but originally horse was the main source. ))
    Update 1.2.5 Tainted Moths!
    TAINTERPILLER. I'm dying. The word play is strong in this one. X3

That moth is super rad. I'm digging it!
    Update 1.2.6: Dungeon concept art and JUDGEMENT GALACTICA
    Galactic weapon for cosmic judgement. Naturally there'll be people who just use it as a cheat-code item, unless it only works against players.
    edited April 2016
    Wingidon said:

Galactic weapon for cosmic judgement. Naturally there'll be people who just use it as a cheat-code item, unless it only works against players.

Well, yeah. It would work on mobs too but the weapon would only be available If a player is listed as an admin. Any other player who tries to use the command will be rejected from getting the weapon (even if the player was in creative mode.) And even if a regular player got their hands on one, they would be banned the moment they try to use it if they weren't listed as an admin. Players can also get this item in single-player creative mode.
    Simple update: I reorganized the stuff for more convenient editing in the future. Also added a table of contents.
    Update 1.2.11: Beants! (bee-ants)
    Quick Update: This week was my birthday. I got a drawing tablet a present, so I decided to re-do the tainted tree art. I plan on re-doing all the others in the future, so stay tuned. :)
  • CharlockCharlock Posts: 293 Seed
    Happy birthday, belatedly! Keep up the good work, I am really enjoying seeing these ideas illustrated.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    edited June 2016
    Small update: Added !#@!$$@ The Slider boss from the Aether/Aether 2! New art is still WIP.
    Ugh. I knew this day would come. I ran out of space on this page to put new stuff on. So, I separated this thread into multiple pages. If you want to see the ideas and art, follow the links to each of their respective pages. And devs, please don't think I'm spamming and delete my threads. Thx. ;)
    Update 1.3! Finally updated all the art on the thread. Now I just need to red-do the art on my other threads.