Things to improve upon

RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
If you didn't know it already I'm not the biggest fan of the current file system design BUT that's not the reason for this post. What I really want is to hear about is what other issues any modder had. Failing that, I also thought it'd be a good time to list and prioritize any issue's with current gameplay.

Half of the reason behind this post is because I'm lazy. I could read through all the various forum's suggestions posts but that could take ages, lets do a TLDR please.
Programmer, designer, artist.

Comments

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
    Oh! as a thought... Changing up the way that tools interact with voxels. For instance the hammer flattening terrain towards an average normal of the surround voxels but tending towards a flat surface or perhaps the axe cutting up voxels in a 2 by 1 or 3 by 1 shape.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    @Johnycilohokla and I have talked about it a couple of times, but it's worth mentioning on the public forum, I think. You can't currently parse a custom "Display Names" file. This takes away from the ability to hide names of objects, like "GuardianBearram" and instead just have the game show the label "Bearram" instead.

Purely cosmetic, but as far as game immersion goes, I think it has a pretty noticeable impact.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
    Another one would be labeling deprecated files and folders as such - mind you hopefully that's less of a thing in the next release.