Error. Bad response from server.

xJupiterxJupiter REGISTERED Posts: 7 Podling
Downloaded TUG for the first time. Version 0.6.0. I login and after a while I get "Error. Bad response from server."

https://gyazo.com/d070e4e20b987b0bdfb24f2341102f78

Windows 10

How can I fix it?

Comments

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    We're up to version 0.8.9. I'd suggest a complete re-install.

If you've got a NK account, http://accounts.nerdkingdom.com/Account/Login

or if you've got a steam account, go there.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • xJupiterxJupiter REGISTERED Posts: 7 Podling
    I just downloaded from here https://gyazo.com/32b54f6a67edaf29be7bc4e112847634, that was the version I got
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    I suggest heading to the official site's account page for downloading TUG. Strongly in fact.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • ekohrmanekohrman REGISTERED Posts: 87 Seed
    edited January 2016
    Is the TUG account server down? All I'm getting today is Bad Response from Server. I know that withprevious iterations of the launcher, I was able to play without logging in, but I can't seem to do that with version 0.6.0
    Edit: I did just add the VakariMod in order to get on the data mining server. Did that break something?
    Some call me... Terella.

Complaining about it on the forums seems to have fixed it. Or maybe it was signing into my TUG account in preparation to redownload the launcher. Don't know, don't care. Vakari here I come!
    Some call me... Terella.

I downloaded from the official page.

The version installed was 0.6.0

I login and I get "Error. Bad response from server."
  • CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    edited January 2016
    Note the version of the launcher is 0.6.0. The game version itself once you've launched TUG is 0.8.9.

xJupiter could you send a support ticket through via [email protected]? I've been able to log in and access the server, so I'm not immediately sure what the issue may be.
    edited January 2016
    Ticket submitted, edit from cobell *snipping out your email address*
  • DapperHamsterDapperHamster REGISTERED Posts: 58 Seed
    I've also had this issue, sporadically. I've had TUG and the launcher installed for a goodly while, a year or more since the last time I re-installed I believe. The first time I got the error was early December, when I went to update from 0.8.5 to 0.8.9; made a support post and then it worked fine the next day without changing anything. It's happened several times since and then worked fine later, I haven't noticed any patterns.

As far as your question on the other discussion about it (figured we should try to consolidate to one thread):
    Cobell said:

Please send a ticket to [email protected]

Though, in the meantime, where are you guys getting this pop up? When you try to log into the launcher itself?

It pops up when I try to log into the launcher itself, it will load for a long time and then spit out that error and the log in process fails.
    So, went to check and see if it was working around 10:40-10:50 pm (California time, I'm terrible at timezones >.> ), worked fine, logged in and launched the game. Decided I should go to bed, exited and shut down my computer, then changed my mind and rebooted and went to start TUG up at 10:56 pm, and got the error message. Tried restarting my computer in case that had something to do with it but I'm still getting the error :/
    Annnnd I exited the launcher and opened it again one more time and it worked fine.
    I find the problem to be very arbitrary. I'll get the error logging in with the launcher a dozen times in a row and then suddenly it logs in with no problems. Restarting my computer, closing and restarting the launcher, wired vs wireless internet connection - all seems to be irrelevant.
    It's gotten to the point that I just don't close the launcher so I stay logged in and avoid the issue. Then I need to restart my computer, for whatever reason, and the whole dance begins again.
    If I didn't enjoy the game so much, I would give up trying to log in. I worry that other players may be turned off by the issue.
    Some call me... Terella.

• CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    Thanks for this info.
  • voiznr1voiznr1 REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
    hallo i have the same problem , is the game shutdown ?
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 399 Site Admin
    Anyone still running into this problem, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know which error you're seeing (and include your NK account name).
    -Dee.
  • egorkegork REGISTERED Posts: 139 Seed
    same problem, was working fine a few days ago
    Computer this morning was cooperatively sluggish. I had it restart and there was some big update regarding windows. I don't know if that is coincidence or related.
    uncooperatively sluggish...
    ok, looks like it's going to load now