Data Mining - Dedicated server

Comments

• egorkegork REGISTERED Posts: 139 Seed
    I can't do screenshots, but anyone who can and is on Vakari, could you get a shot of the big cat in my trap? It's by the cathedral
    Server went down at 03:05 Central Time
  • DooyDanDooyDan REGISTERED Posts: 31 Seed
    I have lots of screen shots before the server reset, but nothing recently. The server is down at the moment (6:05am MST), but I can provide a screen shot possibly later today. Maybe we could all submit a screen shot and @marceloSR can choose one or several :) .
    egork said:

I can't do screenshots, but anyone who can and is on Vakari, could you get a shot of the big cat in my trap? It's by the cathedral

I'll take a screenshot of your captured cat, if its still there. Why can't you take a screen shot? Push the 'Backspace' key, then push the 'F12' key to take a screen shot.
    I have a very old computer (parts are old, parts are new) that has been cobbled together. There are a lot of things that just don't work right (most games) and some things work really well (Thanks Tug). My wife is very computer literate, actually built my computer and can't figure out why my computer simply refuses to do some things. I half-joking reply that it's the intelligence in the computer. It's trying to say something and I just don't understand. The cat and kitten were still there at 3 in the morning when the server crashed. I actually walked up to it to see if it could jump out and apparently my smilodon trap is effective.
    egork said:

I have a very old computer (parts are old, parts are new) that has been cobbled together. There are a lot of things that just don't work right (most games) and some things work really well (Thanks Tug). My wife is very computer literate, actually built my computer and can't figure out why my computer simply refuses to do some things. I half-joking reply that it's the intelligence in the computer. It's trying to say something and I just don't understand. The cat and kitten were still there at 3 in the morning when the server crashed. I actually walked up to it to see if it could jump out and apparently my smilodon trap is effective.

Sorry, I understand, no worries. ;)
    edited February 2016
    That was Fantastic!

DooyDan graciously came over to help with getting a pic of the smilodon in the trap. I tried to throw a spear at the cat from six stories up on top of the cathedral and barely missed. So the trajectories seem to be good enough if not very good.

Little did we know there was a second big cat in the bushes and ran after Dan. He managed to go past the trap and get it caught in it too. Yay! Gloat. Laugh. "Hey, get a pic of that!

Then one of the big cats climbed on the back of the other and leapt out of the trap!

Ahhh! run away!
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    Hehehe, Talon! thats hilarious :)
    edited February 2016
    Picture of Talon's Smilodon trap.

Picture of Talon rounding up the smilodon.

Picture of two smilodons in Talon's cat trap.

Picture of Talon's cathedral under construction.

Different picture angle of Talon's cathedral under construction.

edited March 2016
    Server went down around 11:00am MST. All I was doing was wandering around in the forest picking flowers (hehe) to make dyes. Then the world stopped generating.
    boom went the server ( 3:15 PST )
    Oh speaking of dyes, blueberries is what dye colour you need for the blue cobble Dan :)
    edited March 2016
    server down at 08:00 Central

wow, still down almost 5 hours later. Must be a bit more complicated than usual
    edited March 2016
    Server went down around 1:50pm MST. There were 3 of us online when a fourth joined and crashed the server. Apparently the fourth person was a fare distance from the rest of us, so that may have caused the server to crash?
    edited March 2016
    Hi MarceloSR, thought I would post a few pictures of my new home on your server for you. I hope you like them. Please note that a few trees were harmed during the construction of this build.

The building is two stories. The front entrance utilized an in game log that connects to a circular structure constructed of grass blocks with a grass block roof mixture.

Front view of the dirt lodge.

Back entrance to the dirt lodge.

Front entrance to the dirt lodge.

Front hallway into the dirt lodge.

Main floor working area of the dirt lodge.

Second floor, sleeping area (still under construction).

Window planters.

things are still down this mornin ( 7:30 am pst )
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Has the server been back up since Hoppa's last post? Is it down for good?
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    It should be up again.
  • marceloSRmarceloSR REGISTERED Posts: 47 Seed
    Hey! I~m sorry for not answering or resetting the server last week.
    I was at GDC and haven't take my laptop with me. So it was hard to do anything there...

Thank you very much for the screenshots. Now I'm having a hard time to select which one I'm going to use! lol
    no worries, :)
  • ekohrmanekohrman REGISTERED Posts: 87 Seed
    server crashed at 3:13 Central time
    Some call me... Terella.

Server is still down today, 7:00am MST. Tried yesterday morning, but the server crashed as soon as I logged on.
    Is the server down for good now? :(
    And I just got started on my cave and mine! :(
    Some call me... Terella.

• Deadlock989Deadlock989 REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
    Isn't it normal for people doing a Master's to seek ethical approval, inform test subjects of what data is collected and how it will be used, etc.?

Wouldn't want to be associated with anything ... unprofessional ... would we?

Isn't it normal for people doing a Master's to seek ethical approval, inform test subjects of what data is collected and how it will be used, etc.?

Little late to the game here.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    Playing on the server required downloading the Vakari mod, which has this statement in the information on Devotus:
    "Our goal is to track all the important actions players can perform while playing TUG. The actions by itself cannot differentiate each type of behavior, but combining and cross-linking the data will allow us to make further assumptions on players’ behaviors."
    Good enough?
    But I agree with @Charlock , that horse has left the barn.
    Some call me... Terella.

Charlock said:

Tell me about it.

When I recruited participants for my master's, I had to explain in detail what it was for, who I was, who my supervisor was, who you could contact to verify my credentials, how you could opt out at any time and how to do that, etc. etc. etc .... pretty basic research ethics ...
    Hahaha. Ethics.
    ekohrman said:

Good enough?

Not really, no, see above. Bare minimum I suppose. D+
    edited June 2016

Charlock said:

Tell me about it.

When I recruited participants for my master's, I had to explain in detail what it was for, who I was, who my supervisor was, who you could contact to verify my credentials, how you could opt out at any time and how to do that, etc. etc. etc .... pretty basic research ethics ...
    All of that was addressed very early on and IIRC available via PM rather than publishing for all the trolls in the world to read. Everything was above board. No secrets were withheld. Apparently you are complaining about something in which you either did not participate or are just trolling.