Data Mining - Dedicated server

Comments

• DooyDanDooyDan REGISTERED Posts: 31 Seed
    Hoppa, that was a really great video showing the builds everyone had done around spawn. I especially like the added background sounds of birds, I think I even heard a duck, :). Great job.
  • marceloSRmarceloSR REGISTERED Posts: 47 Seed
    Wow, the video looks great!

Can I send the meteor now ?? lol
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    yeah the added sounds weren't intensional
    hehehe
    I had lord of the rings online loaded, and I was standing near a stream ( a lot of bird sounds and ambience ) all while i was filming TUG and never considered the screen capture would have grabbed the sound too. hehehe
    Sure, lets do it.. :)
    Send the Meteor Marcelo!
    please use 34a1 for our seed :) :)
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    One of the things I wish TUG had was more ambient sounds. I'm working on a mod with a couple of other folks that introduces a large number of additional animals into the world, one of those being a pretty prolific gecko. Just the sheer number of them in certain biomes adds some really cool ambience with their calls and alerts.

Maybe once I've done a little more work, we can get @marceloSR to add it to the server. :wink:
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • deandean REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
    Are you guys still playing on this server?
    dean said:

Are you guys still playing on this server?

Yes we are. MarceloSR is preparing to reset the server with a new world seed. :)
    I couldnt use the 34a1 seed =/
    The server did not worked with letters. So Im creating it with 3401. Please check what you guys think about the seed.
    It should be up in a moment.
    how about 3411
    Dan says he just did a test and it has cocoanuts near by.
    Ok, changed it. Server should already be up with the new seed!
    Yes, did a fly around test in creative. Coconut and apple trees will be hard to find. Could not find any bamboo or jungle biomes with world seed 3401. Lots of mountains though :) We should try 3411, at least there were coconut trees near by.
    Server down
    We got started though :)
    Starter-Town is looking great, Dan and Talon have hobbit smials started, I did an adobe styled alchemists house on the hill, and a hobbity forge, all for public use, haven't started a house yet hehe.
    Bella just started her house too, its looking good folks!
    I'll hunt up cobble and gravel and we can make paths to the doorsteps eventually!

Tiki torches... thats what is needed. It has a Hawaiian feel, and a Hobbiton feel... interesting!
    Oops I crashed server using a return stone.
    Alone on the server, but still crashed it.
  • egorkegork REGISTERED Posts: 139 Seed
    server down as of 06:30 Central Time
    Server is still down at about 9:00am MST.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Didn't @StilleVande have some kind of mod that would restart his server when it crashed? I wonder if he'd be willing to share.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • ekohrmanekohrman REGISTERED Posts: 87 Seed

Oops I crashed server using a return stone.
    Alone on the server, but still crashed it.

I suppose that is because of the large number of objects that must be rendered all at once. Did you return to a object heavy area? This would be a good test of the cause of lag and crashes.
    Some call me... Terella.

yeah thats lead me to my recent speculations
    if you press f2 you can see at the bottom, a count for bodies and motions,
    both seem to max at 4096
    just wandering around, in a normal forest you are looking at about 2200/4096 objects or bodies, and about 800 motions. most likely leaf animations crystals and the like.
    If you head to desert or savannah these numbers drop to around 1200-1400 and around 400 to 600 in motions.

We were over 3000 at the spawn location, now it is about 2700. After some item removal.

My guess and it is purely a guess, is that around 3000 things get unstable.

That is a count per landblock, landblocks are huge, and I dunno exactly how big, but I have some more speculations on all this on another thread too. which should be near the top of new discussions.

Right now on the server I am testing a savannah area though, it has remained about 1345 in count ( increasing when a goat or cat roams by slightly ) I've only places currently some crafting tables and baskets and a couple torches and not seen a huge increase in numbers. I've done a lot of placement of craft blocks which do not effect the body count.

I've done a lot of placement of craft blocks which do not effect the body count.

By craft block, do you mean what nerd kingdom calls building material? Or do you mean things like thatch or bricks?
    Some call me... Terella.

thatch, brick, wood, cobble, dirt, grass, etc any of these do not seem to add to the bodies count which is good, that means they are truly static.
    the Z placed items are a semi static type, which means they will count as an object for the server to calculate, and, potentially cause a crash. (( speculation )) hehe.
    server crashed at about 18:38 Central time
    Server is up again!
    that was fast
    interesting... it must have crashed shortly after I logged as that was about when I logged out

wonder if my logging out caused the crash?
    Hey guys, I'm using a TUG in-game screenshot in my paper. Right now I'm using one I took a while a go.
    But I think it will be cool to include one from the actual server and show some of the things you are creating.

So if you have a nice screenshot, please post it here so I can use! ;)
    marceloSR said:

So if you have a nice screenshot, please post it here so I can use! ;)

Come on Hoppa. You know you want to!
    Some call me... Terella.

Dan has some really great screenshots from before the reset, of some really amazing builds.

I am off to bed ( work in 6 hours ) :)

I probably wont be on til after 1pm PST tomorrow, so if Dan or anyone else doesn't have a good screeny for you I'll go find one :)

No rush, I still have next month to finish it up!