Further progression

PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
edited January 2016 in Mods
I have been thinking about progression kinda stuff in TUG lately, what would be a good age-thing to make still? In TUG you have the Crude and the Bronze age. Steam Power mod gives you the Iron age. What kind of progression do you want to see in TUG? :)
TUG Modder
Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
YouTube: IKStream!
Site: Pixel's Web

Comments

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    Dark Ages. IMO the crude age fits quite nicely with a tribal/established setting but I feel there's opportunity to expand on the interactions/experiences before tools are made.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    That one came up in my head too, thinking about ages... What do you think of with the Dark Ages? I couldn't really think of a way to implement this age like the Crude, Bronze and Iron Age :/
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    I like to think about where arbitrary decisions have been made. For instance, making a crude hammer doesn't require anything in the players hand. Perhaps we should require a crude knife be in-hand or be beside a flat rock. And then there's picking up gourds, perhaps if the player doesn't have a crude knife there's a chance to up-root the bush de-spawning it into vines. There's also rocks, perhaps the bigger rocks are too hard to break down initially and so with the hammer rocks you've found you can only have at the smaller rocks. And when rocks are broken, perhaps a smaller rock is spawned underneath instead of completely disappearing.

Plenty of changes you could implement.
    Programmer, designer, artist.