TUG ALPHA 0.8.9 PATCH NOTES

VuxVux REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 2 Developer

Greetings! The patch we’re releasing today is largely focused on improvements for modders. For a full list of changes, check the details below.

Also, in an effort to knock out some of the smaller bugs and annoyances, we have added in an option in the video settings that allow you to adjust your gamma correction! No more dark nights! (and days!)

Big thanks to one of our newest members on the gameplay team, Viridian, for that little change. Give a shout out to him @nerdkingdom and give us a follow if you haven’t yet.

If you want to know about future updates and release builds, follow us @theuntiltledgame.

Patch 0.8.9

Modding Improvements
  • Added more advanced NKParseFile (NKCreateParser)
  • Removed Index variable from crafting files
  • Added a way to override crafting recipes
  • Added warnings to crafting files parser
  • Separated submesh definitions from Human Seed.txt to /Data/Gear/3P/
  • Separated submesh definitions from Player Hand.txt to /Data/Gear/FP/
  • All files in "Data/Generators/" will now be used to load World Generators
  • Fixed a problem with multiple biome definition files breaking biome ids
  • Added client connection as 2nd argument to client->server events
  • Added Invalid Object Access warning to native classes (prevents most crashes)
  • Fixed items rendering as empty slot in the inventory instead of NoIcon
  • Added mod initialize files (ModInitialize, ModPreinitialize, ModPostinitialize)

Updates
  • Added gamma correction into video options
  • Added wood armor pieces
  • Updated crafting journal to fix a missing recipe
  • Lowered the requirements to discover the Leaf Canopy recipe
  • Fixed a potential crash when breaking down a tool or weapon you had crafted within the same game session

New Known Issues
  • Picking coconut or glow corn directly off the plant and into its own stack of items will allow you to right click plant it anywhere.

Comments

• Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    read through some of Johnny's lua modding notes, and seeing the gamma corrections in, wow, this is a nice patch folks! :)
    oh and welcome Viridian to the team!

cheers!
  • KogisaKogisa REGISTERED Posts: 9 Podling
    Hi,

How is the water coming along?
    Is there a place where i can read what you guys are working on the future?
    21.jpg
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    I know there's a kickstarter page with stretch goals, but I really don't know if it's being used or not ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nerdkingdom/tug-1/description )
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Wood armor pieces? That's what I'm talking about!
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed

I know there's a kickstarter page with stretch goals, but I really don't know if it's being used or not ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nerdkingdom/tug-1/description )

Oh! I remember those. Hopefully a vlog by Ino is coming out soon to talk about whats happened and coming up for NK and TUG.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • TPranaraTPranara REGISTERED Posts: 8 Podling
    I have been unable to place objects such as a chest, or items on an ancient wooden table; planting seeds in sowed ground does how ever work. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    The new way to place object is using the z-placement method. This was introduced a couple patches back. If you z-place an object, you'll need to hold down the pickup key now in order to grab it again.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • TPranaraTPranara REGISTERED Posts: 8 Podling
    Has the bug that interferes with seed growth been fixed. I heard that saving the game, or reloading the game, resets the xp counter, or something like that.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    edited December 2015
    What part of growth? the seeds size or the seed becoming a teen?
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • KogisaKogisa REGISTERED Posts: 9 Podling
    Thanks fr the link pixeldragon! at least its something :)
    21.jpg