Mod Jam minus the Toast

RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
edited December 2015 in Mods
Hey everyone,

There was a small amount of interest in creating a mod jam within the modding skype chat so I thought I'd post up the gist of it to put out for the wider community.

What's a mod jam?
A Mod jam is about creating something from scratch in a very limited amount of time.

All are welcome to attend.

Time wise will be a weekend. Saturday morning finishing on Sunday night or Monday morning.
Which weekend will depend on the closest possible weekend that most people are available for.

We'll most likely have small numbers so we'll try for everyone working on one thing.

Communication will most likely be via skype.

No prizes but we'll definitely be showing off whatever we create at the end of the jam.

Who's keen? and when's good for you?

Edit:
As for what we'd create, if you've already got something in mind - write it down, share it when the jam starts and we'll vote on which thing to do.
Programmer, designer, artist.

Comments

• PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    Hey Rawr,
    I'd definitely attend at a mini mod jam. :chuffed: I think a good time will be around Christmas and New Year, at least in the Netherlands we don't have school for two weeks because of that.
    Would a themed jam be more "easy" to do? I also still have an idea to do an arena battle with modded weapons (I probably mentioned this before ;)) but yeah... Where's Proving Grounds when you need it? :p
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    Ah right. lemme edit this in quickly.
  • MeldrixMeldrix REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    I would definitely be in for a mod jam, should probably get to polishing my lack of skills first. Count me in.
    edited December 2015
    Pixel, Meldrix - Which weekend works best for you - 19/20 th, 26/27 th or 1/2. I'm all for 19/20.
    Rawr said:

Pixel, Meldrix - Which weekend works best for you - 19/20 th, 26/27 th or 1/2. I'm all for 19/20.

19/20 works fine for me, what theme are you thinking of?
    Alright, that's fine with me too :)
    TUG Modder
    Meldrix said:

what theme are you thinking of?

None. Will dedicate the first couple of hours / day to figuring out what we're making. These things depend.
    If you two are keen on a particular idea/theme then that'll help narrow down our focus/efforts during that stage.

Projectiles are fun to make :p
    But how are we going to do this? Livestream/Git(Hub) upload stuff too or nah, since it's not with prizes? :)
    TUG Modder
    You'd be welcome to setup a livestream if you wish pixel. I have no plans to do that myself.

On the day, I'll make a github repo, add everyone and then pull in everyone else's contributions.

Mind you, I'm fine with anyone hosting the repo so long as they're comfortable with merging.

Closer to the time, I'll make a skype group chat and add everyone in.

My plan is to make a forum post at the end of it, showing off and linking to the mod. Definitely, upload anything interesting you'd like to share.
    Ok timewise, I'm thinking the leisurely start of 10am. Open to suggestions on that one. More importantly is syncing across time zones - NZ is UTC +13. Pixel, Meldrix - which time zones are you in?
    Rawr said:

Ok timewise, I'm thinking the leisurely start of 10am. Open to suggestions on that one. More importantly is syncing across time zones - NZ is UTC +13. Pixel, Meldrix - which time zones are you in?

GMT.
    Sync your watches gentlemen.
    GMT +1 if I recall correctly... Amsterdam :P
    TUG Modder