A Question on Using Modified Version of Existing LUA Scripts

CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
I've created a couple of mods that use edited version of LUA scripts that already exist in the game, such as the BearramCub and CogatCub scripts. What I've noticed while doing this is that when launching the game with these mods referenced, not all of the changes I've made seem to act accordingly.

In order to fix this issue, I've had to go into the Scripts directory and rename the existent version of the script to something like CogatCub.lua.old. In addition to that, I've also had to make copies of the data scripts and place those in the corresponding mod directory and change the standard directory to a *.old version of itself as well.

I've toyed around with the order in which these mods are referenced in the mods configuration text, but no matterwhat I do, I can't seem to get around having to make these changes to the stock files/folders. Am I missing something or do the standard files/folders always take precedence?
"I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."

Comments

• johnycilohoklajohnycilohokla REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 283 Developer
    The files should be loaded based on mods.txt, the order is from top to bottom (mods higher up the list will have priority). There should be no need to rename any files.

If you could sent me a mod that doesn't follow those rules (with info about which part doesn't work) I will look into it.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    I'll take a look this evening and see how I have it setup now. I tinkered with it quite a bit last night and, admittedly, I was under the incorrect impression that the mods last in the list would take priority, so I kept the standards up top.

I'll change everything back and give it another go. If I run into issues after that, I'll let you know.

Thanks Johny!
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    That worked!